Structure - C
Coaching - C+
Selections - C
Potential - A

Predicted finish - 7th

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
We don't play the game in a vacuum. Other teams improve and decline and other coaches try to work us out. In addition we started the year with injuries to our key players. If we are only 2 competition points behind last year I think that's a bonus. It could have been so much worse.

The key is will we improve this year as rapidly as last year? I think the answer to that lies in the performance of Kasiano and Barba. Kasiano's line breaks and offloads were important to us last year and Barba's ability to score long range tries. If we can get those two things back then we can win the comp.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
After reading alot of comments here i find some people funny and quite deluded.ive been a loyal fan for 37 years ,played junior footy with dogs and will support them till the day i die but i find it ridiculous how some people get bent out of shape or question if someone is a real fan .there is nothing wrong with having an opinion regardless if its saying your team isnt playing as well as they should .the facts are we are not playing as well as we should be and yes des is a gun coach but he is very set in his ways and yes loyalty is good but players need to have consequences for bad and good prrformances ,a guy like trex would think it doesnt matter how bad he plays as he gets picked no matter what ,look at how good jmoz played after he came back from nsw cup

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, particularly if we win convincingly.
What's disturbing is we still haven't beaten a top 8 side yet this year. Therefore, even an unconvincing win will do the team a world of good in confidence and self-belief. Manly's poor recent form aside, playing them away is still one of the toughest fixtures in the season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's disturbing is we still haven't beaten a top 8 side yet this year. Therefore, even an unconvincing win will do the team a world of good in confidence and self-belief. Manly's poor recent form aside, playing them away is still one of the toughest fixtures in the season.
We beat Brisbane when they were in the 8 and the Sharks too lol

S

Sharpy

Ill reserve my grade till 930 Friday, it will be more accurate
yeh thats what i said, if we win we are back in the frame for the top4 and the season is back on track.
if we lose we are again struggling with the bottom of the eight teams.

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So after last nights game we are officially half way through the regular rounds.
Our standings this year are:
Position: 7
Played: 13
Won: 7
Lost: 6
Draw: 0
Bye: 0
For: 240
Against: 263
+/-: -23
Competition points: 14

Compared to last year:

Position: 3
Played: 13
Won: 8
Lost: 5 "
Bye: 0
Draw: 0
For: 285
Against: 193
+/-: 92
Competition points: 16

So after this point is the season give an honest assessment of the teams performance and also how you think we'll go for the rest of the year.
Give a mark of A+ - F in the following areas and also a predicted final position on the ladder.

Defence:
Attack:
Structure:
Coaching:
Selections:
Potential:
Predicted ladder position:
Firstly, I must admit I thought we were done n dusted after early round losses. I guess it was just stupid of me to panic so early on. Overall, I think I would give it a C+.

Status
Not open for further replies.