Your favourite doggies centres from the 90s till present

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Now that we finally have some decent and exciting centres at the club for the first time in a very long time in my opinion, name 3 or 4 of your favourite centres from the past and tell is why. Try using players that were at the club from 1990 till present so the young spring chookens on here may remember them also. Dont name Critta, Xerri or Kiraz ( I reckon he is a genuine top shelf winger anyway)
I would start with Nigel Vagana. Probably my favourite centre we have had at the club as he was here at a great and successful time, but did so much for us in attack and defense and really shook up the comp with his tries. Very hard to separate him and my other favourite Josh Morris. Jmoz could do it all. Enough said. I also rated Willie Tonga highly. He always looked like he was about to make a break with every touch. That late jink and step at the line was phenomenonal and he could whack in defence. Love him or hate him, SBW when he burst onto the scene as a young centre was an absolute freak. His step, his defense and his offloads changed the game and our attack. Once in a generation player. They are 4 of my favourites and the ones I feel were the most rounded and stood out above the rest. Im excited about the future with the likes of Critta, Xerri and Skelton if he kicks on.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jmoz and Tonga would be my first choice
Talau and Vagana would be my second
Special mention to Tim lafai he had one standout season, and Jamal Idris for being the biggest human on the planet lol.

Last edited:

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
John timu's last year with us was diabolical..he scored about 3 tries and played the whole season...was never heard from again in the nrl..darren smith,mc cracken,Connelly,talau,vagana, Josh Morris,willie Tonga all gun bulldogs centres.

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for mine jmoz stands alone in this list for longetivity as a bulldog centre.
And I always thought he was better not been on the same side as Brett Morris.
Don't know why but together I felt they got complacent defensively with a few misreads. The roosters played them effectively on the opposite ends of each other.

Last edited: