Votes: 7 6.5%

Votes: 31 28.7%

Votes: 49 45.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
95 we came from nowhere and no one expected us to win it..

But 2004 for me trumps 1995.. as a GF win was really needed after our period of dominance and against our big rivals at the time.. tight match & would have sucked more to lose 2004 GF more than the 95 GF
I'm not sure that's true. We were minor premiers the previous 2 years. We had a poor start to the season with Super League and the defections. Once everybody got on the same page we just played like we had the previous 2 years and demolished all.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without doubt for me it would be the 95 grand final!!! We beat some amazing teams throughout the semis and then did a number on the raging hot Sea Eagles.

Plus I was at the game to witness this incredible victory and I'm also in this grand final photo with legend Terry Lamb and Jason Smith which was in the Telegraph... (I'm holding the banner)

Thanks for the memories...
Go you Doggies!!!

View attachment 101518
See that banner hanging around Baas neck? It’s a sheet my mate spray painted with Bye Bye Baa Baa and he gave it to Terry on the victory lap.

Mick Foley is a mad Parra fan and a great mate of mine who got tickets to that game for the 4 of us and it is one of my greatest memories in my life.:hearteyes:

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
1995 because Terry Lamb. But yeh 2024 would be the best ever if it happened because it would not be expected by anyone at all. All our wins so far we had a good side for years leading into the title years and they weren't surprises really.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All 4 premierships won in the 80’s were special , we were a powerhouse club . Great era to be a bulldogs fans especially growing up.
Yeah I always thought we were good enough to have won 5 in a row from 84. We won in 85, lost 4-2 to Parra in 86 with no tries scored so could have gone either way. Not sure what happened in 87. We came 6th and missed the top 5 by 1 point. But won again in 1988. Gould was coach but also was a player in 84 and 85. We still had much of the 84 side playing in 88.

I remember the battles between Parra and the Bulldogs and they were great games. We were rivals and between us we dominated the 80s. Its an honor that the Dogs competed against a great side that contained legends like Sterlo, Kenny, Price, Edge, Cronin and Grothe.

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
2014 is the only gf I can remember with us involved :sob: :sob:

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1995 - Manly were hot favourites- best team all year and we made a terrific run into the finals to spoil their party.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2014 is the only gf I can remember with us involved :sob: :sob:
It’s probably why us old folk are a bit chilled with how bad we have been going. We’ve seen it all and enjoyed it all. I can proudly say the dogs have won 6 premierships in my lifetime, how many other club’s supporters can say that, not many.

Don’t get me wrong, it still pisses me off the way we have been going, but looking back, I think I’ve been dealt a good card when it comes to which footy team I followed. I think that eases the pain.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
2004 I was quite young and had bought tickets to a dance festival called Harbour Life on Sydney Harbour months before not paying attention to the date. Turns out we made the GF and it was on the same day. I thought long and hard about it and thought I’ve got 10 mates coming including a girl I fancied look if they win I’ll be over the moon if they lose I’ll be partying. Went to the festival and about 20 of us random dogs fans couldn’t resist and made the sound guy put it on his little monitor. When we won (I mean it was a dance music festival) we went nuts. Got a call from Dad as he was a the club and couldn’t understand a word he was saying due to the noise and probably how many’s refreshments he had. The phone call abruptly ended and I didn’t find out to the next day that the table he was standing on collapsed with 20 other fans on it ha ha. Ended up getting the girl by the way!!!

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's hard for me to split 1995 and 2004. Both were very special years. I might just prefer 1995 as it was our last one with the GF's as we knew them (3pm kickoff) and the first one that I properly remember. Was much too young to remember 84, 85 and 88.

Know even though I wasn't around, I heard the 1980 GF was one of the greatest ever. My Dad told me that he went for walk at halftime, and Canterbury road was empty lol. Another guy I knew said that he was in a house in Bankstown with a group of boys. When Steve Gearin scored the greatest GF try of all time, the house shook. Everyone inside jumped in celebration LMAO.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great angle running great stuff.
The Entertainers were great footballers as opposed to the athletes we see these days .... eyes up footy with the confidence to let the ball sing.

Mark Hughes was a very underrated player.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Entertainers were great footballers as opposed to the athletes we see these days .... eyes up footy with the confidence to let the ball sing.

Mark Hughes was a very underrated player.
I'm biased but any team that play like this is great to watch.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 for me probably because it was against the dirty fowl and we played a great match. I was there, like 2012, 2014.1998 and 1995. Thankfully I missed the ‘94 bloodbath, but ‘98 and our last 2 GFs weren’t much better. ‘95 was awesome, but I still can’t enjoy it fully with how “lucky” we were with several calls leading to tries. Our defence is to be admired though.