Your Favourite Aussie Songs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Aussie sings are shit now.
Hasn’t been a decent rock song since 1992 (as u can see from songs posted here) and no decent song all up since ‘somebody that I used to know’
It is all just woke stuff now.
All the best music comes from England or USA.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One hit wonder Gyan..but what a hit!
Wait

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck, this please full of old *****!

Some great Aussie groups out there killing it at the moment. Tame Impala, Rüfüs Du Sol, Parcels, PNAU, Flume, Miami Horror... quickly come to mind.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I know at Christmas I will be playing Paul Kelly - How to make Gravy

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Some great Aussie groups out there killing it at the moment. Tame Impala, Rüfüs Du Sol, Parcels, PNAU, Flume, Miami Horror... quickly come to mind.
Then throw up some clips for us to listen too. Always looking to discover new music

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

I really don’t like Flume I came up as a huge dance music guy so I more than get it and I know he is not just “electronic” but I don’t like the down tempo shit. I have tried to because I love many other down tempo electronic acts but just not him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Birds of Tokyo have some great tunes. Imagine being the protagonist of this song - a tag to wear forever. Never break the heart of a muso :-).

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then throw up some clips for us to listen too. Always looking to discover new music
Check Elephant out from Tame Impala. Ironically first time I ever heard the song was on NRL360 with a highlight of Josh Reynolds scoring a try back in 2012. Lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really don’t like Flume I came up as a huge dance music guy so I more than get it and I know he is not just “electronic” but I don’t like the down tempo shit. I have tried to because I love many other down tempo electronic acts but just not him.
Yeah fair enough. His best and worst is miles apart.

But his stuff from 2015-2017 in particular was top level. The Skin album doesn't have a bad tune and ties together so well.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Check Elephant out from Tame Impala. Ironically first time I ever heard the song was on NRL360 with a highlight of Josh Reynolds scoring a try back in 2012. Lol
I have listened to Tame Impala before and liked what I heard.
To be honest I lost touch of new Aussie music when I stopped listening to triple J about 17 years ago.
I ended up going back and listening to different types of genres instead like fusion Jazz, 70's prog, bluegrass but mostly experimental music.
Now I wouldnt have a clue which Austarlian acts are making waves. Im more interested in artists like Black Midi, Lisa Belle Donna, Khruangbin, Madison Cunningham and others, none of them Australian.