Your Canterbury Team Vs Melbourne Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Same team, just with Taupau on the bench in place of Romelo. Storms hard running/hitting forwards and play through the middle of the ruck (Cameron Smith) will take a lot out of our pack. I think we would really be able to utilise Taup's hard running and hitting effectively in this game.
You serious bro, drop our form hooker and keep our dud captain on the field for 80mins? I agree with having Taupau in our side but not at the expense of Romelo. Not that he has done anything wrong but Payne should make way for Taupau

Malla

Reaction score
You serious bro, drop our form hooker and keep our dud captain on the field for 80mins? I agree with having Taupau in our side but not at the expense of Romelo. Not that he has done anything wrong but Payne should make way for Taupau
I just don't see the point in having Romelo on the bench if Hasler is only going to play him garbage minutes at the end of the game, you know? I don't disagree with having Romelo there however my argument on him all along is that he just doesn't play enough minutes to suffice a spot on the bench when it could easily be filled by Taupau will would play anywhere between 35-50 minutes of the match.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah you are right, I cant understand why ennis stayed on the field till the 65 min? It not like he was performing to even a quarter of his potential.

Maybe it should be...

0-20mins - Ennis
20-40mins - Romelo
40-60mins - Romelo
60-80mins - Ennis

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah you are right, I cant understand why ennis stayed on the field till the 65 min? It not like he was performing to even a quarter of his potential.

Maybe it should be...

0-20mins - Ennis
20-40mins - Romelo
40-60mins - Romelo
60-80mins - Ennis
I think playing against C Smith next weekend will bring out the best in our Captain, time will tell!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Storm were good last night, multiple dummy halfs with plenty of decoy running giving them options with the ball.
The Cowboys were ordinary in defence compared to the Dogs effort on friday, I still think we can win.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Only thing that is going for us we havent lost a game this season when we have been underdogs, hope the trend continues

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des has turned ALL our forwards into ball playing forwards..
Seriously, at times we need our big boys to charge and smash the opposition straight up in attack to make metres followed by quick play the balls. Dont get me wrong, having ball playing forwards is good aswell as it tires the defensive team and puts them in 2minds of where n when to tackle, but sometimes i feel our forwards lose momentum and lack in aggression. We need HARD and AGGRESIVE hit ups.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep the same side, pump up the aggression a little and give Romelo more game time - at least 25 min.
The video ref lost us the game against Souths not us..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't know if Graham is getting the game time either that he should??? Thoughts?

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
There was a game last year where Goodwin attacked the ball that was coming into his in goal.. He was quite successful at it as well. I can't understand why he would turn his back on a ball coming his way. That problem should be wiped from his game during training this week. Other than that, he deserves his spot in the team.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Des has turned ALL our forwards into ball playing forwards..
Seriously, at times we need our big boys to charge and smash the opposition straight up in attack to make metres followed by quick play the balls. Dont get me wrong, having ball playing forwards is good aswell as it tires the defensive team and puts them in 2minds of where n when to tackle, but sometimes i feel our forwards lose momentum and lack in aggression. We need HARD and AGGRESIVE hit ups.
Taupau will give you exactly this.....

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it okay for me to be scared ****less about the game this weekend? All I can see is us getting raped by the Storm.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are not here to make the numbers up and fill a place, we will make an honest attempt at stopping the Storm but I think it's time for Hasler to make a couple of changes and use the bench better, if Ennis is not a 100% rest him and create a space on the bench for Taupau or somebody.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im sure we will lift and be super determined to not go back to back with losses, but beating Storm down there would be like trying to beat an origin team. I will pick us in tipping comps, its how i roll, but i have very little hope we can beat them. They are clearly the best team in the comp this year so far, and we are not at our best yet. I just hope that we dont ruin our F/A getting smashed, the way the table is we can go from top 4 to out of the 8 with 1 bad loss.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Im sure we will lift and be super determined to not go back to back with losses, but beating Storm down there would be like trying to beat an origin team. I will pick us in tipping comps, its how i roll, but i have very little hope we can beat them. They are clearly the best team in the comp this year so far, and we are not at our best yet. I just hope that we dont ruin our F/A getting smashed, the way the table is we can go from top 4 to out of the 8 with 1 bad loss.
I hear that, plus getting smashed will set us back weeks in regards to confidence. Melbourne are an awesome outfit and don't even look like they are trying at the moment...which is real scary. Never been an Ennis fan nor giving him the C next his name. We put ourselves into a pickle doing that cause our captain should be dropped!

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yep there awsome ''pitty i can't say that about the bulldogs we are in trouble again looks like another boaring year for us ,,1 minute we are hot the next we look like the same team last year ..we are lacking the enthuasiasm that other teams have i dont know anymore what will it take to get them going on game day? after 40 mins they all got the ,''do we have to play another half of footy..i count the minutes untill they bring on mitey joe he brings flare strengh and spirit into our game .. what is des thinking putting joe, on so late in the game?? i just hope we dont loose joe to another team! .

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Lett
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Brown
5. MacDougall
6. Barba
7. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Ennis (Needs to get hes mongrel back) been to soft of late.
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard (C)
12. Taupau
13. Halatau

14. Romelo
15. Eastwood
16. Stagg
17. Graham

I cant stand that RANGA Keating in the team.

Maybe

Barba 1
Romelo 6
Renyolds 7

Last edited by a moderator:

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
lol @ the people wanting Keating out.

How fkn Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.