Your Bulldogs Side VS Roosters RD 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got a fair few players returning next week, what's the lineup you believe will win us the game? You can post what lineup you think we'll have if you prefer:

1 Moses Mbye
2 Curtis Rona
3 Josh Morris
4 Chase Stanley
5 Sam Perrett
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Trent Hodkinson
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 Tony Williams
13 Greg Eastwood

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano
15 Frank Pritchard
16 David Klemmer
17 Tim Browne

I think it's time to run Mbye at Fullback and give him the chance to shine in the position. As much as I love Sam Perrett, he just isn't effective in attack at all at Fullback. Even at the end there Morgan easily ran around him without any effort at all.

I feel Mbye suits the Fullback position well and we at least in the interim can use him in a Michael Morgan like role.

I'm willing to give Reynolds/Hodkinson one more shot. I've seen enough from Reynolds in recent weeks and even in the City/Country game and enough from Hodkinson's second half last night to believe they've still got what it takes to get us back on track.

We're missing Morris and Lafai so much. Once they're back I'm confident the little moments that costed us the game last night will disappear.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I don't think it matters I hope we win but can't see it

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got a fair few players returning next week, what's the lineup you believe will win us the game? You can post what lineup you think we'll have if you prefer:

1 Moses Mbye
2 Curtis Rona
3 Josh Morris
4 Chase Stanley
5 Sam Perrett
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Trent Hodkinson
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 Tony Williams
13 Greg Eastwood

Interchange
14 Sam Kasiano
15 Frank Pritchard
16 David Klemmer
17 Tim Browne

I think it's time to run Mbye at Fullback and give him the chance to shine in the position. As much as I love Sam Perrett, he just isn't effective in attack at all at Fullback. Even at the end there Morgan easily ran around him without any effort at all.

I feel Mbye suits the Fullback position well and we at least in the interim can use him in a Michael Morgan like role.

I'm willing to give Reynolds/Hodkinson one more shot. I've seen enough from Reynolds in recent weeks and even in the City/Country game and enough from Hodkinson's second half last night to believe they've still got what it takes to get us back on track.

We're missing Morris and Lafai so much. Once they're back I'm confident the little moments that costed us the game last night will disappear.
Bmoz not back till rd 18 so I've heard.. that's 9 games (18 ) points plus our 2 byes that's 22 points plus our 8 that's 32 points.. we can still make the 8

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Josh Morris at right centre to defend Jennings. Pritchard and T-Rex to combine at left backrower and centre.

01 Corey Thompson
02 Curtis Rona
03 Josh Morris
04 Tony Williams
05 Sam Perrett
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Moses Mbye
08 Sam Kasiano
09 Michael Lichaa
10 James Graham (c)
11 Josh Jackson
12 Frank Pritchard
13 Greg Eastwood

14 Aiden Tolman
15 David Klemmer
16 Tim Browne
17 Jacob Loko

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman would be useless of the bench

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tolman would be useless of the bench
Not really. He and Graham share 1 spot while Klemmer and Kasiano share the other.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perrett
Rona
Morris
Stanley
Thompson
Mbye
Reynolds
Tolman
Lichaa
Graham
Pritchard
Jackson
Klemmer

Eastwood
Trex
Browne
kasiano

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only changes will be graham and Reynolds in (Eastwood if fit) with Lloyd perrett, kafusi out. Hardest part will be what to do with mbye. He will either play centre with Stanley being dropped or off the bench in place of Browne.

You would think with Eastwood and graham our defence should be a little tighter.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye at fullback won't happen. He doesn't have the defence. If you were going to put Mbye to fullback, you'd be better promoting Damien Cook from NSW Cup (who has played fullback before and is fastest player at the club), and see how he goes there.

WHO DES WILL PICK:
1. Perrett
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Stanley
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Hodko
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Pritchard
15. Klemmer
16. Browne / Mbye
17. Kasiano

WHO I'D LIKE TO SEE PICKED
1. Thompson
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Loko / Stanley
5. Perrett
6. Mbye
7. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Pritchard
15. Klemmer
16. Browne
17. Kasiano

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye at fullback won't happen. He doesn't have the defence. If you were going to put Mbye to fullback, you'd be better promoting Damien Cook from NSW Cup (who has played fullback before and is fastest player at the club), and see how he goes there.

WHO DES WILL PICK:
1. Perrett
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Stanley
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Hodko
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Pritchard
15. Klemmer
16. Browne / Mbye
17. Kasiano

1. Thompson
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Loko / Stanley
5. Perrett
6. Mbye
7. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Pritchard
15. Klemmer
16. Browne
17. Kasiano
Yep perret is very ordinary at fb this year way too slow - trex does not deserve to start

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

WHO DES WILL PICK:
1. Perrett
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Stanley
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Hodko
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Pritchard
15. Klemmer
16. Browne / Mbye
17. Kasiano

1. Thompson
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Loko / Stanley
5. Perrett
6. Mbye
7. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Pritchard
15. Klemmer
16. Browne
17. Kasiano
I like the team you picked
Only change I'd make is drop trex to the bench start Pritchard
Trex needs to get firing he started year well but is fading badly now
The bloke should make 150m every game and should be in his contract
He doesnt go looking for the ball enough and doesn't even make many tackles for a starting player if he can't make big metres bust tackles and get good offloads away than might as well bring back Gary Warburton Ffs

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. J.Morris
2. Perrett
3. Stanley
4. Rona
5. Thompson
6. Mbye
7. Hodkinson
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Graham (C)
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Browne

14. Kasiano
15. Eastwood
16. Elliott
17. Reynolds

FFS we need some huge forwards and impact.. no more Tolman Kaufusi, Lloyd Perrett etc... they are far too casual and they aren't offering any impact.

I'd have Reynolds on the bench coming on and sniffing around the play the ball and looking for offloads. Bring him on for Lichaa in the last 25min.

Rona to centre.. needs more ball, he is a gun. I think he'd be very dangerous on the edge. T-Rex dropped. J-Moz fullback where he belongs (closest thing to B-Moz). Perrett to the wing.

Adam Elliott has been knocking down the door for a while now.. he is ready. He can also play long minutes. This will never happen but ffs it'd a damn good lineup IMO.
Good post.

I dunno about Browne at lock, I'd rather Jackson at lock. Reynolds is such a hard one.... I just don't know...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. J.Morris
2. Perrett
3. Stanley
4. Rona
5. Thompson
6. Mbye
7. Hodkinson
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Graham (C)
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Browne

14. Kasiano
15. Eastwood
16. Elliott
17. Reynolds

FFS we need some huge forwards and impact.. no more Tolman Kaufusi, Lloyd Perrett etc... they are far too casual and they aren't offering any impact.

I'd have Reynolds on the bench coming on and sniffing around the play the ball and looking for offloads. Bring him on for Lichaa in the last 25min.

Rona to centre.. needs more ball, he is a gun. I think he'd be very dangerous on the edge. T-Rex dropped. J-Moz fullback where he belongs (closest thing to B-Moz). Perrett to the wing.

Adam Elliott has been knocking down the door for a while now.. he is ready. He can also play long minutes. This will never happen but ffs it'd a damn good lineup IMO.
Lol you have no idea

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol you have no idea
Although I don't agree with his team 100%, for bulldogs_fan, it was a post which gave an open opinion rather than an 'I am right your wrong' post which he is typical of.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Although I don't agree with his team 100%, for bulldogs_fan, it was a post which gave an open opinion rather than an 'I am right your wrong' post which he is typical of.
True that, but its still a terrible side.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This will never happen but ffs it'd a damn good lineup IMO.
I disagree.

#1 - Elliott was terrible in NSW Cup on the weekend. Did nothing.
#2 - Reynolds is wasted on the bench. His defence isn't good enough for hooker, and he can't fill in anywhere but the halves.
#3 - You've dropped Tolman who is well and truly the #1 metre maker at the club (in forwards), has 50 more hitups than the next closest prop, and is the second highest tackler in our club (Lichaa is first).
#4 - You've dropped Easwood (an international lock) to the bench, who has made a few nice breaks this year.
#5 - You've dropped TRex (who is second highest hitup count, and second highest metre maker for the club this year (in forwards)).
#6 - Hodko is still listed. He lacks the direction the team needs (not saying Mbye or Reynolds are a better option, but its worth a shot). Hodko has had his chance, he's failed.

Did you not watch us play the other year when Tolman was injured? It shows just how key he is to our club, and just how much he contributes carting the ball up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I disagree.

#1 - Elliott was terrible in NSW Cup on the weekend. Did nothing.
#2 - Reynolds is wasted on the bench. His defence isn't good enough for hooker, and he can't fill in anywhere but the halves.
#3 - You've dropped Tolman who is well and truly the #1 metre maker at the club (in forwards), has 50 more hitups than the next closest prop, and is the second highest tackler in our club (Lichaa is first).
#4 - You've dropped Easwood (an international lock) to the bench, who has made a few nice breaks this year.
#5 - You've dropped TRex (who is second highest hitup count, and second highest metre maker for the club this year (in forwards)).
#6 - Hodko is still listed. He lacks the direction the team needs (not saying Mbye or Reynolds are a better option, but its worth a shot). Hodko has had his chance, he's failed.

Did you not watch us play the other year when Tolman was injured? It shows just how key he is to our club, and just how much he contributes carting the ball up.
The only thing i agree with him is about moving Eastwood to lock, his footwork would be more effective comming off the bench and he would help tighten the defence and add some sting to the defence. Id still go with Tolman/Graham/Klemmer as our 3 starting middle forwards, then Eastwood/Browne for impact along with L. Perret who has a balanced game and can play either tight or wide. He has also trimmed down a fair bit this season compared to certain other forwards. Imo those 6 players are good enough and consistent enough to lay strong platform week in week out.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
1. Thompson/Perrett
2. Rona
3. Morris
4. Mbye
5. Thompson/Perrett
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Williams (minutes such as those of last night so he could run with better revs and impact)
13. Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Browne
17. Pritchard (more)

the issue with the hodkinson goalkicking is that he kicks straight so if he lines it up wrong he'll probably miss, unlike thurston with the ridiculous curl

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone seems to not want perrett at fullback I don't know why though. Thompson is not a fullback to small and doesn't run the ball back effectively

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I just want mbye to stay at 6. I thought he was outstanding barriers the one off drop ball. With Graham back we should beat Roosters but Reynolds can **** us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.