Your 3 Realistic signings for next season that we should go after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our squad is very weak next year.

No Rona, Perrett and Browne. Rona is the obvious loss, and with the other two it's no biggie but still they have not been replaced by something equal to or better. Though in today's world, ideally you would replace something with a better product.

I presume we will cop our fair share of Sunday games (more than this year). So who do we have in the backline come Sundays? Josh & Brett Morris? You have Brenko Lee, who is a centre though the bloke looks like he will play in the backrow in the next couple of years.

If true that Paul Vaughan is on the outer we should make a play for him to replace Browne.

I don't know which outside backs are off contract (probably none that stand out), but why didn't we have a crack at Mansour and/or Nene MacDonald if they knew we would be without Perrett and Rona next season?

Next season, will be the weakest squad we will have since SC has taken over since 2012. Premiership window? Long gone

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our squad is very weak next year.

No Rona, Perrett and Browne. Rona is the obvious loss, and with the other two it's no biggie but still they have not been replaced by something equal to or better. Though in today's world, ideally you would replace something with a better product.

I presume we will cop our fair share of Sunday games (more than this year). So who do we have in the backline come Sundays? Josh & Brett Morris? You have Brenko Lee, who is a centre though the bloke looks like he will play in the backrow in the next couple of years.

If true that Paul Vaughan is on the outer we should make a play for him to replace Browne.

I don't know which outside backs are off contract (probably none that stand out), but why didn't we have a crack at Mansour and/or Nene MacDonald if they knew we would be without Perrett and Rona next season?

Next season, will be the weakest squad we will have since SC has taken over since 2012. Premiership window? Long gone
You are 100% correct.

You look at this year's top teams;
Melbourne, Canberra, Sharks, Cowboys & Broncos, will still have very strong squads with not many loses to the playing group.

Cowboys - no Tamou which isn't the biggest of loses
Sharks - Ennis which is a loss but still field a strong squad.
Panthers - few acquisitions which will also be a better team.

Our recruitment has been horrible and I would like to not thank you for giving a run down on next season and making me depressed.

Castle, Hasler and co - OUT

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Seems like the Mead story came from the Lurker saying we see him as replacement for Rona. I wouldn't mind him though hardly going to change anything to what we are like now with Rona other then Mead can go to fullback or wing. Must mean Lee is going to lock down a centre spot if true.

Also saw Panthers shopping Whare wouldn't mind him, makes sense seeing they have Moylan, DWZ, Mansour, Peachey, Hiku, Blake, Whare etc for the backline all quality. Peachey could push up still leaves them with to many and all to good to be out of the squad.

I have said it for ages now we need to sign Foran. Only way our game plan changes, our ability to attack changes, our structure changes is with a quality 7 like Foran.

With the addition of him alone we would see guys like Morris bro's, Hoppa, Lee and Mead if we get him become so much more potent with plays designed AND executed for them.

Move Mbye to 9 and fuck Lichaa off. If Mbye doesn't work at 9 we are no worse then with Lichaa and then we have a year we can work out who partners Foran long term and who pisses off.

Would also allow us to tell our forwards to play like fucking forwards. Jackson, Klemmer, Kasiano, Eastwood, RFM, Fine and hopefully Luciano could provide us a very solid pack for years to come with a general like Foran directing the game.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anthony Coorey the player agent has put it out there on facebook that we only have the Perret money to spend. If that's the case then Des has truly fucked us for years to come.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anthony Coorey the player agent has put it out there on facebook that we only have the Perret money to spend. If that's the case then Des has truly fucked us for years to come.
If that's true then they are fucking pathetic and our entire staff needs the chop.

I call bs. Can't lose Rona, Williams, Browne, Perrett and have nothing when you have added Lee...

Throw in the fact the last few seasons we have continually released higher paid players e.g Ennis, Pritchard etc.

I'd still cut Tolman & Lichaa in a heartbeat for Foran.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is true, it means Raelene is not as good as people say she is with attracting sponsorship and potential 3rd party clients, because there is no way in the world we should be anywhere near our cap.

Would not suprise me that Hoppa is on 400k, and the club says we got him on the "cheap" since he was on 800k with Parra?!

In today's world what is exactly "on the cheap?"

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If that is true, it means Raelene is not as good as people say she is with attracting sponsorship and potential 3rd party clients, because there is no way in the world we should be anywhere near our cap.

Would not suprise me that Hoppa is on 400k, and the club says we got him on the "cheap" since he was on 800k with Parra?!

In today's world what is exactly "on the cheap?"
Hope is on 800k at the dogs. 100k out of the cap and 700k from the church of mormonism

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ivan Cleary, Foran and dean Whare. If Whare isn't available then mead.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If that's true then they are fucking pathetic and our entire staff needs the chop.

I call bs. Can't lose Rona, Williams, Browne, Perrett and have nothing when you have added Lee...

Throw in the fact the last few seasons we have continually released higher paid players e.g Ennis, Pritchard etc.

I think the same but then I think that he is the king of back ended deals.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
B MOZ COULD BE MAN OF THE MATCH AT FULLBACK THIS SUNDAY, I DEFINITELY SEE HIM SCORING A TRY, OUR HALVES LACK A BIT OF CLASS AND TOUGHNESS IN BIG GAMES SO I WOULD CHASE FORAN,AND WE NEED A NEW GOAL KICKER MBYE IS A SHOCKER, BUT I ALWAYS KNEW MYBE COULDNT KICK THE BALL STRAIGHT BEFORE HE SIGNED HIS MASSIVE REGRETTABLE CONTRACT BECAUSE HE NEVER DID

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
We need Foran period. He has the kicking game we need, and the confidence to call the ball over the forwards. Mbye or Reynolds to go to hooker (prefer Reynolds to hooker, as I think Mbye would play much better with Foran running the team). Get rid of Liccha, one of the worst attacking hookers I've ever seen and I think he is best placed to take his career elsewhere if he wants to have one.

Still need a fullback. I think we just scout all the U20's teams and find a couple to fight it out and give that role to them (so the salary cap is fine).

Overall there isn't a lot wrong with the team, you can see that from how many games we won. Our problem is the basic spine positions. Get them right, and premiership here we come.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran will solve our issues? That's the biggest load of crap on the kennel.

Foran cannot solve his own issues let alone Canterbury's issues.

The bloke is a nutcase and makes Barba, James Roberts, Todd Carney, Joel Monaghan, Craig Field & Jason Smith look like angels.

Our biggest issues are our 2 starting props continually receiving the ball as first receivers and Lichaa having extremely poor service, speed, creativity and seems like he has no aggressiveness whatsoever.

I was looking forward to Lichaa though he definitely is not what we need at Canterbury and Des has a specific fetish when it comes to the type of hookers he is after, and Lichaa ain't that.

Des is the major problem and he should be the first one to go. He is a confidence killer, and you can see the comparisons with Bellamy. It does not matter who Bellamy purchases or promotes, even the so called "fringe first graders" people think a certain player is, turns out to be a masterstroke down at Melbourne, and that comes down to belief, confidence and being part of their system.

What system or confidence does Des bring to Canterbury.

Give us a new coach, new hooker and a couple of outside backs

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran will solve our issues? That's the biggest load of crap on the kennel.

Foran cannot solve his own issues let alone Canterbury's issues.

The bloke is a nutcase and makes Barba, James Roberts, Todd Carney, Joel Monaghan, Craig Field & Jason Smith look like angels.
Apparently Mumbles Hasler was talking to Foran about signing next year and told him that he was having a problem with the game (plan)
Foran replied No problem I can FIX that.

( and I think that will be why he is not at the Bulldogs next year)

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have to have freed up a little cap space with the players leaving, obviously a decent chunk of that would be taken up in retaining some of the guys this year but I assume we'll be in the market looking for a player or two, remember the Bulldogs weren't quick at all to talk about signings (or even confirm after everybody already knew).

I'd be going after Shaun Johnson myself, but that doesn't help till the 2018 season.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler believes that the forward based game is the way to go. That's why he pays top dollar for forwards and is still looking for more. When it comes to backs he just signs bargain basement players, ones that other teams don't want or players who he thinks he can rehab back into stars.

We haven't had a proper fullback since 2013 and he's used Perrett, Bmoz and Hoppa. He's had plenty of time to find someone more suitable and hasn't. He recruited Abbey who he knew would be years away from being able to play first grade.

He's pretty much on the verge of destroying Mbye and Lichaa's careers by the way he uses them. Graham is a shadow of what he was.

A few players aren't going to solve our problems because the team is playing exactly how Des wants. I dount one or two players will change that.

As I've said before love or hate him you have to respect what a coach like Ricky Stuart has done. He couldn't recruit players to the raiders so he looked outside Australia. He cut dead wood and went through a period of hard times knowing the team would get better and he could attract better players. And no matter what happen this year they have had a very successful season and will only be better next year.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hasler is stupid if he thinks we're going to win a comp with all the money in the forwards. At Manly he won the comp because he had the best backline in the NRL.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score

You would like to think so but Coorey is spot on Browne and rona were on minimal contracts (Rona came to play FG). Perrett was on the 280 and we all know Williams was on big money... All of that plus more was used to Upgradre Klemmer, Jackson and Mbye who all had massive increases.

It would scare people if they knew how much Brett Morris cost as well as Brad Abbey and Lloyd perrett we released players to stay below cap that is the only reason... Lichaa was brought here on an equivalent to Ennis not quite as much but very close in fact I remember in a match Lichaa sledged Ennis by saying you might be winning but next year I take your jersey and your money...

Noel Cleal, Des Halser and Raylene castle have been a cancer on this club and the board need to do something if not than another group should run

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That team is no chance of being under the cap even after 3rd party agreements.

And changing 10/17 players in one or two season is setting yourself up for failure.
No chance of being under the cap you say... Mmm check the cowboys line up.
Young winger, Whare (cheap as has been injured for years), Aitken (would be on far less than J-Moz), Mosby (rookie who's currently not getting a shot), Woolford (rookie), Elliot (on little coin). That really just leaves us with a similar squad we have now. Remove Tolman and consider cap increases i say its quite realistic... not to mention B-Moz is on a huge deal.
Bidding wars for the fullback / half would be the only potential stumbling blocks.
As for changing a roster and setting up for failure i disagree. 09 was a massive change for us and we did alright. Aren't we all asking for change ?

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need more than 3 new signings. We need big changes to improve our team.

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.