Your 3 Realistic signings for next season that we should go after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our main weakness is fullback and halfback.

And our main problem with our halves is try assist, line break assists, 40/20, repeat sets and kicking meters.

The players that suit our needs are Mitchell Pearce, Adam Reynolds, Jamie Soward (Soward and Reynolds are also handy goal kickers). Probably another one I would add to the list but is a 5/8 more then a half is Aiden sezar (again a clutch goal kicker).

Sam Williams has been playing extremely well but i don't know if he has the ability to kick you out of trouble consistently.

We had a chance to sign Atleast 3 of those players at some stage over the last 12-24 months but we didn't even show interest. So doubt we will recruit for a first grade half.

Another problem is our starting prop. Tolman only averages 8 meters a run. We can't have a prop that burns 4 sets on his own every game and is making 120-150 meters (from 4 full sets I.e. 20 hit ups).

The only useful thing for tolman to do is take runs up to the 30 meter line, then stop there and sit down and do nothing else until we need to start defending again. He doesn't have the speed, the strength or agility to be a threat 10 meters out. Yet he takes 2 hit ups every time we are in that position and makes 1-2 meters. If he cuts that out of his game he will still make 120-150 meters a game. But he might be getting them with 12-15 runs.

Who can you replace tols with? (I would rather klemmer and kas off the bench) funnily enough you can probably try get someone like Paul Gallen (I know it's very unlikely he would leave Cronulla). Or Adam woods (again doubt he would walk away). Latu from Penrith looks young and fit, taupau is another one that bends the line.

Since klemmer has been starting and been playing more mins at lock his production has gone down. He was making as many meters in 40 mins as he does now in 55-60 mins.

It's the difference from starting against a fresh defence or coming on after 20 when fatigue is setting in a running into then at 100mph. Kas and klemmer coming on at the 20-25 min mark would provide an impact no other team in the Comp can match.

But our master coach plays him at lock and tires him out with defence. Not saying klem is playing bad. Just saying when he was on the bench he was a strike weapon. Now he is just a battering ram.

Our other problem is 700k Mbye. The kid has struggled this year and next year he will be on the big money. So unless he can produce try assists, line breaks and try's we look to be getting the dud end of that deal. We need to find a place for him whether it is centre or fullback so we don't burn our cap on a halfback that has no confidence in his kicking game or ability.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kato Ottio- Leading intrust cup try scorer. Big, runs the ball hard and fast. He has Rapana and Edrick Lee in front of him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There's a kid in the Warriors Cup side that somehow didn't get a run this year that I'd for sure sign as a utility back. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1st - Foran
2nd - Elijah Taylor or Curtis Sironen (Sironen may want out.
3rd - David Mead.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Segyaro is staying in esl

Mead and moga are more likely
Holmes is wet dream status

Kurt baptise or cook as hooker
Foran or Williams as a half

Paul Vaughan > both Tolman and Graham combined however is going to parra or knights on good money !

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1st - Foran
2nd - Elijah Taylor or Curtis Sironen (Sironen may want out.
3rd - David Mead.
Yes I forgot about Sironen.. Was thinking about him the other day, what the news with the kid because he had a massive future in front of him then he just disappeared?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Segyaro is staying in esl

Mead and moga are more likely
Holmes is wet dream status

Kurt baptise or cook as hooker
Foran or Williams as a half

Paul Vaughan > both Tolman and Graham combined however is going to parra or knights on good money !
Hope not Parra, they're actually building very nicely.

Hope Crusher and Des are taking notes...or know how to.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Near future signing Id definitely be gunning for Kalyn Ponga, future star and has huge wraps off JT and looks better than JT at same age and plays like him.
Immediate impact signing id save the pennies and try and entice a jack bird or v.Holmes.Kurt Baptise would be great for impact hooker as well. Adam Reynolds yes please as his kicking game in top echelon of players and that is something we have not had for a while now.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holmes
Foran
Hess.

Holmes
Morris
Morris
Hopa
Lee
M'Bye
Foran
Klemmer
Shit... We need a hooker too
Graham
Jackson
Hess
Eastwood

Reynolds
Kas
RFM (hasn't impressed me yet)
A young promising forward
I like the look of this side buddy. That Cohen Hess is a beast. I would give Lichaa another year to impress but only if Des lets him play off the cuff. I would also like to pick up Paul Vaughan and fuk off Tolman completely.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pongia and mosbey from the cows would be special but u ain't going to pry them away from cows
They've got their house in order the cows

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I forgot about Sironen.. Was thinking about him the other day, what the news with the kid because he had a massive future in front of him then he just disappeared?
Apparently on the outs with Taylor.
He still has 2 years on his contract but if he asks for a release could be good pick up.
Can play 2nd row, 5/8 or centre.

Last edited:

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would like a decent sized centre/winger to replace Rona. I really like Fusitua from the Warriors. He or Mamaulo would be handy pick ups. What happened to the fish fisiihia ? Weren't we interested in him a couple of years back?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was going to have sack Des but that isn't realistic with Raelene and our board in charge so I went for these 3.

We should go after Tuimoala Lolohea, Sam Williams and James Segeyaro. All 3 need a new lease of life.
I have been real keen on Tui, but he's been doing his best lately to turn everyone off him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would like a decent sized centre/winger to replace Rona. I really like Fusitua from the Warriors. He or Mamaulo would be handy pick ups. What happened to the fish fisiihia ? Weren't we interested in him a couple of years back?
Plays Union with the Chiefs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Social media today saying we are getting mead

Status
Not open for further replies.