News You love to see it! (Klemmer axed from Origin)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My honest opinion has always been he is not worth the money Newy are paying him. He has one of the slowest play the balls in the game and no real offload... how can he be worth $1M or thereabouts.. Wade Graham is hard done by though he is a great player..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My honest opinion has always been he is not worth the money Newy are paying him. He has one of the slowest play the balls in the game and no real offload... how can he be worth $1M or thereabouts.. Wade Graham is hard done by though he is a great player..
To be fair he has been killing it with the offloads this year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven’t looked at the stats mate, how many led to line breaks?most of the time I watched him play we would dump it out the back when he tried..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven’t looked at the stats mate, how many led to line breaks?most of the time I watched him play we would dump it out the back when he tried..
He was actually second for offloads with 45 after junior paulo. And first for post contact metres, well ahead of Taumalolo.
He has been pretty good this year, but he is still a cat. He isn't dynamic enough to break a game open, or influential enough to win a game off the back of his efforts. He is just a battering ram.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He was actually second for offloads with 45 after junior paulo. And first for post contact metres, well ahead of Taumalolo.
He has been pretty good this year, but he is still a cat. He isn't dynamic enough to break a game open, or influential enough to win a game off the back of his efforts. He is just a battering ram.
Mate agree he’s a stats man but I doubt he features on many teams pre game study during the week.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate agree he’s a stats man but I doubt he features on many teams pre game study during the week.
Prop forwards need to be more then metre eaters these days. I guess all positions have evolved to where they are in the modern game. The best players in their positions are the ones that continually adapt and add new dimensions to their game. Klemmer did manage that with his offload this year, but im not really surprised he is not in SOO reckoning.
Remember a few years back when Woods was starting alongside him? Hahahaha he has fallen so far down the pecking order it blows my mind. One of the worst decisions we ever made, and part of the reasonwe were in such a mess financially. Then klem back doors it to newie. Fuck him!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Klemmer always goes great in Origin for us though. Hopefully it doesn't backfire.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always hated seeing the aggression and fire Klemmer dished out in origin games compared to his playing style at club level.

I honestly don't care about origin anymore. Saw far too many games and series decided by blatantly wrong calls to remain invested in it. It's difficult to remain keen on club games when we cop the sharp end of the referees stick most weeks.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
A natural off loader compared to one to get his stats up. He is in the top 3 but does it for the sake of doing it. Back turned like his does compared to running hard and pop a pass is different. His style takes the hooker out of the game.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Said it in the game yesterday, happy we don't have him anymore. He isnt one of the top props anymore.

He doesn't have speed, he backs into tackles and has zero footwork. You can see hes trying to add footwork to his game because he does that little hop skip and a jump at thw line at times lol.