You have got to give them credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I flew up from Melbourne for this game, and took work off for it. I met my old man who traveled From Bathurst. We stood in the rain all game, and made some new mates in Bulldogs supporters.

I was expecting a good game, and we got it. I wasn't expecting all the crazy evens that transpired, but as painful as there were, I was glad I was there to experience it.

I'm only just now willing to comment on the game, as both my old man and I have been fuming since the game.

However, we saw some tremendous effort and pride in the jersey tonight. Desperate cover defence, energy in a attack, for the most part, Jackson and Klemmer going hard every moment they were on the touched the ball.

morris scored that try, and seemed to dedicate it to the fans. He grabbed his Bulldogs logo, kissed it, and pointed it toward the dogs fans in the crowd. Graham's passion, may have gone slightly too far with the refs, but he showed chivalry by alerting ref to his injury. Jackson with his commitment, doing all those 1%ers. Bmoz, who looked to be struggling with an injury most game - was watching him off play a lot - still managed to save tries.

At the end of the game, while he was still devastated, James Graham took the time to be the only player to go over to the kennel and applaud the support.

I I left the game angry, but I also knew that we had the better game, and we really won that game.

Last edited by a moderator:

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Glad you and your old man enjoyed the night. Sorry the result didn't go the other way, but I guess you will have a good story to tell the grandkids one day.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well written. I was there too and this game very obviously meant a hell of a lot to our boys and the fans. Weve all been waiting 6 months for this game. WE were let down badly by the officiating but nonetheless our boys can hold their head up high. In the minds of every supporter we won this game so boys WELL DONE!!!!....

So I suggest that anybody that tipped the Dogs in any footy tipping competitions be given the win. Try to get THAT one agreed to!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone that has even the least amount of knowledge knows who really won that game.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone that has even the least amount of knowledge knows who really won that game.
Even some of my mates who are bunny supporters admit that dogs were the better team and should have won...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I too went to the game , my feelings are very much like everyone here except I had to deal with my guilt at choosing to go to the game over going to mass on the most holy day of the catholic calendar

Anyhow I found a place in my head where I could deal with that as well as dealing with a loss should it occur, believe it or not i still had faith that the voltemorts would be held at bay due to Des's tactical exposure of the voltemorts early on in the season but sadly it wasn't to be.

the final whistle blew and normally there is a raucous explosion of cheering but it was was very very flat.. and extremely telling that the outcome was feigned.

when I was walking back to the station someone in a souffs jersey was walking around the people shouting go the bunnies ,he came next to me and heard me explain the situation to my daughter, he spat this big filthy golly on the ground near me and said ' you talking about the game ? are you a bulldogs supporter he was almost touching my shoulder and I could smell the metho on his breath .
I got a bit scared because he was scary looking with glassy eyes and I said 'im neutral ' he said are you sure because your wearing a doggies top.
I said I just went to watch the game and so he started putting shit on the bulldogs supporters saying they're all troublemakers.

dickhead he probably didnt even watch the game was too busy at the back of the stadium sparking up and then saw the score at the end.

anyhow just thought I'd share

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I too went to the game , my feelings are very much like everyone here except I had to deal with my guilt at choosing to go to the game over going to mass on the most holy day of the catholic calendar

Anyhow I found a place in my head where I could deal with that as well as dealing with a loss should it occur, believe it or not i still had faith that the voltemorts would be held at bay due to Des's tactical exposure of the voltemorts early on in the season but sadly it wasn't to be.

the final whistle blew and normally there is a raucous explosion of cheering but it was was very very flat.. and extremely telling that the outcome was feigned.

when I was walking back to the station someone in a souffs jersey was walking around the people shouting go the bunnies ,he came next to me and heard me explain the situation to my daughter, he spat this big filthy golly on the ground near me and said ' you talking about the game ? are you a bulldogs supporter he was almost touching my shoulder and I could smell the metho on his breath .
I got a bit scared because he was scary looking with glassy eyes and I said 'im neutral ' he said are you sure because your wearing a doggies top.
I said I just went to watch the game and so he started putting shit on the bulldogs supporters saying they're all troublemakers.

dickhead he probably didnt even watch the game was too busy at the back of the stadium sparking up and then saw the score at the end.

Try not to let it ruin the football for you. The guy was looking for trouble and i'm glad that he wandered off eventually. The guy seems like a brave man to be picking fights with young families. It sounds like you dealt with it pretty well. I have only had one negative experience at the football in 35 years of supporting the club due to some morons looking for trouble when i had my 12 and 15yo cousins with me & my dad leaving a match. Not sure how long ago that was now but it has been a long time since i've had anything but a great day at the football regardless of the results since then. I hope that you choose to keep attending games when you can. I don't think you will experience this kind of thing again very soon.

I think that despite Souths winning the game, they were probably feeling flat seeing Reynolds go off at the end. The aftermath of this match may cost them more than the 2 points the refs decided to hand them.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys, don't be angry we know who won, I just feel for the dragons can anyone imagine what graham, Klemmer and co will do
to them next Sunday? I almost feel for em, but not really

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

Should email the media about that see if anything gets done ! (We all know it wont)

Status
Not open for further replies.