X-Men First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Not bad. Good storyline and platform to build more movies

Yes I went to see this instead of watching the Dogs play.

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not bad. Good storyline and platform to build more movies

Yes I went to see this instead of watching the Dogs play.
I applaud you for doing that.

I would have watched it tonight myself but I completely forgot it was out, been looking forward to it.

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I liked it but I'm a bit of an X-Men tragic 8-)...7.5/10

Good storyline like you said Doga, LOVED Professor X's young character and Beast!

I think they could have included a young Gambit or Jubilee, haven't seen much of them in the movies.

Loved the part with Wolverine..."Go fk yourself!" hehe.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
wasnt really a fan of x-men as kid but really enjoyed the movie though...

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I liked it but I'm a bit of an X-Men tragic 8-)...7.5/10

Good storyline like you said Doga, LOVED Professor X's young character and Beast!

I think they could have included a young Gambit or Jubilee, haven't seen much of them in the movies.

Loved the part with Wolverine..."Go fk yourself!" hehe.
They used Gambit in the flop that was Wolverine.

I am not sure but was First Class meant to be a "Reboot" or a prequel?

If it is a prequel they they pretty much ****ed themselves due to the fact that they used most of the good mutants already

If it is a Reboot I would also like to see Gambit and Jubilee.

Once both the Avengers the new X-Men have been established you could bring in Apocalypse & his horsemen as his villains and have the Avengers and x-men team up against them.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
There is apparently talk of a Gambit movie and a Deadpool too.

I think they need to do an X-Man 4 to continue on from 3 though.

really enjoyed this one though. SOOOOO Much better then the Wolverine movie.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw the movie tonight. I thought it was great!

I did not want it to end...it's good to get exposure to the past and how it all began. I hope there's another in the making.

* Kevin Bacon as a villian was great
* James McAvoy as Professor X was brilliant
* Glad to see Beast get more air time that the character deserves
* I agree I thought Gambit should have been included - the neglected character given the popularity, give the character some justice

From memory of the cartoons, Jubilee comes in much further down the track. She's pretty much one of the youngest in the X Men team and was part of the teenage group Generation X, so no chance of seeing her any time soon. Banshee and Emma Frost (both in this movie) end up being the leaders of this group.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think they need to do an X-Man 4 to continue on from 3 though
This

Was good I liked it more than Wolverine origins which was also pretty good. But I hope thats where they stop with origins and continue the real story (its left on such a cliffhanger for anyone who remembers. Prof x possibly moving his mind into another body and Magneto being pro as he is and regaining power after getting shot with the cure). Couldnt care less about a cyclops storm origins (which i think might be the next and last xmen origins)

Wolverines quick part in this was awesome too lol;
*Prof x and Magneto walk into room*
Wolverine: Go f*ck yourselves
*walk out*

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched this last night: great movie!

Love the x-men

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Saw it last night and it was good, but it wasn't the 'first class'. It's a reboot of the series, but still inaccurate lol

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is probably a loose prequel to the X-Men movies, because there are some plot holes with Emma Frost and with Charles Xavier saying in X-Men 1 that he built Cerebro with Magneto which wasn't the case in First Class.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
This is probably a loose prequel to the X-Men movies, because there are some plot holes with Emma Frost and with Charles Xavier saying in X-Men 1 that he built Cerebro with Magneto which wasn't the case in First Class.
Not really. The version of Cerebro that they used in X men first class was on the CIA base built by beast. There is nothing to say that Magneto didnt help him to build one in his crib

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
It's not a prequel. They've started the series again. Like they're doing with Spiderman

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really. The version of Cerebro that they used in X men first class was on the CIA base built by beast. There is nothing to say that Magneto didnt help him to build one in his crib

Problem being that at the end of Xmen First class is where they showed how and why Prof X and Magneto parted ways. If they were to create it together it should have been in that movie.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem being that at the end of Xmen First class is where they showed how and why Prof X and Magneto parted ways. If they were to create it together it should have been in that movie.
In X-Men the Last Stand, the first scene shows Charles Xavier and Magneto together to meet Jean for the very first time.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not a prequel. They've started the series again. Like they're doing with Spiderman
Lol what? No they haven't. It's just another "origins" prequel like Wolverine was. X-men 4 is unofficially confirmed as the next one, only chance it won't be is if they go ahead with first class 2 or origins: deadpool before making 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.