Wtf Is With Our Second Half Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
what the hell, ffs it always happens why cant we play in the second half, fitness? attitude? i cant take this anymore

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we aren't chasing a lead...we're losing one....

What is with our team?!?!!?!

Do we need 36-0 at halftime and still almost get run down with a 36-34 win or something?!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Parra played bad - they gave us that lead
We were too stupid to build on it. When Parra stopped playing like spastics in the second half all we had to do was hold them - it may have been tit for tat with them winning the second half, but the the bloody game.

Add the bounce of the ball and bad ref decisions and you have a very frustrating second half for every Dogs fan!
FKKKKKKK!

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
i think the loss of shifty really hurt us towards the end actualy, our play makers where in experienced and just had no idea how to set something up...an experienced play maker MAY have been the difference imo

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I hear the commentators say that it was the biggest half time lead in Bulldogs history where they went on to lose? Nice.

Didn't the boys watch the under 20's? Can't believe both sides let slip an unbeatable lead. And to Parra of all f'en clubs.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is Folkes responsibility.

TOO many times this happens. You could blame the players for a once off but there is a pattern over the past few years of teams getting back into the match within 5-10 mins. He is just not inspiring them and the players dont want to bleed for him.

Folkes time is up and we need to move forward as a club.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Parra played bad - they gave us that lead
We were too stupid to build on it. When Parra stopped playing like spastics in the second half all we had to do was hold them - it may have been tit for tat with them winning the second half, but the the bloody game.

Add the bounce of the ball and bad ref decisions and you have a very frustrating second half for every Dogs fan!
FKKKKKKK!
I agree to a point........
Parra,particularly Riddell from dummy-half,were able to throw the ball forward willy-nilly,& that ultimately lead to their 2nd? try.Pls dont mention the fact they got the ball from a 20m restart when it should have been a goal-line drop-out to us.
I agree Parra did play bad first half,which probably flattered us,but with the refereering decisions that eventuated in the second half we had no chance!!:{
The only saving grace for me was I had a GREAT day on the punt beforehand!;) Still,that soured what was shaping up to be an ALL-TIME GR8 day!!

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Parra were shocking first 40.

doggzfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ever since ogre claimed back in 2006 that we were the fittest team in the comp after beating warriors in extra time. canterbury have given up 2nd half leads. im not used 2 the dogs doing that! but since that game weve had 3 great examples. broncos 2006 prelim final. newcastle round 1 2007. parra round 1 2008. massive halftime leds given away in the 2nd half without a point scored!

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
At half time I rang a mate of mine and said he should put a whack of money on Para................ He is now with a hooker.

H

Haztrick

TBH when you think about it, we played pretty well. We defended very well all game and if not for Utai, we would have won. They scored 3 tries because he can't defend and they scored their last from a mistake by us. We out played them in the first both in attack and defence. Come the second half, they had all the possession, all the ref's calls and we made some silly errors. Add to that Folkes' poor interchanging system and we could have easily came away victors.

If Folkes can fix up his interchange problem and also get rid of Utai, then we could be a force.

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
our second half was woeful, i duno wats going on, today's loss was very disappointing. we need to maintain consistency and maintain it fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.