Wright not wanted at cronulla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if he's not right for the sharks what's wrong with releasing wright to the bulldogs mid season? It's not right to make wright redundant it's just wrong.
2 Wrights can make a Jono, but 2 wrongs can not make a Wright :p

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel sorry for him but we were probably only looking at him for the remainder of 2014 and 2015 at most. I hope he finds a club even if he only plays NSW cup. We've had some pretty iffy wingers in recent years in Goodwin, wright and brown. Great to know in 2015 we have good options and good back up.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most of us will never know how it feels to run out on the field and represent our mighty club not alone get paid for being a professional sportsman. Sorry Jono but reality is a bitch. Hope you find a new club.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank f*ck they didn't release him. Don't think I would have been able to handle Brown and Wright on the field at the same time.

If Cronulla glued Brown & Wright together, they'd have an average winger under one payment..

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of these guys have never had a real job, so wouldn't have a lot of great non-footy options to support their family.

ESL provides a good option. Pay is lower, but better than digging holes. Plus good opportunity to experience a different culture (although the north of England might not be everyone's cup of tea)...
I thought they got paid more over in the UK or is it just when the money is converted over to AUD?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wright is not the best winger going around, but in times of need he is handy enough to throw out on the field, probably spend 95% of his time in nsw cup but if he was prepared to do that then hes worth a chance

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I wouldnt feel too sorry for him , would have made enough coin to set himself up - and if he is indingenous he willed get looked after even more

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if he's not right for the sharks what's wrong with releasing wright to the bulldogs mid season? It's not right to make wright redundant it's just wrong.
Maybe they were pissed about the lichaa situation. I know they dropped Lichaa to the lower grades once they found out he signed with us, seems kinda childish if it was the case.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of these guys have never had a real job, so wouldn't have a lot of great non-footy options to support their family.
Probably why they make them have jobs while they play holden cup so they can have some type of work experience as more then likely havent had any work besides some after school job at a retail store.

I thought ESL paid well which is why allot of nrl players go there for a last payday and that allot of the english stars decide not to come here?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The perils of being a fringe first grader right there.

Wish him all the best in heading into the real world..

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably why they make them have jobs while they play holden cup so they can have some type of work experience as more then likely havent had any work besides some after school job at a retail store.

I thought ESL paid well which is why allot of nrl players go there for a last payday and that allot of the english stars decide not to come here?
It use to be a lot when the exchange rate was good. 4-5 years ago 1 pound got you over $2.50 now it's around $1.70

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, ESL salary cap is currently 1.65m pounds, which is pretty close to 3m AUD. This does not taking into account purchasing power etc, but its definitely a lot less than the NRL cap ($6.3m).

Status
Not open for further replies.