Would you want Gutherson at the club?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's the 6th or 7th best fullback in the NRL so obviously I'd take him but he's worth a max 700k a season. Not the million dollars a year that he wants.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't like him but I don't think he's overrated at all. I think he's a very competent fullback and one of the reasons why Parra are in the top 4. He's by no means a superstar but I think he's more value money for Money than some of the big money fullbacks like Latrell and Ponga. Certainly not worth a million but I'd take him for 650k if we don't get an established halfback.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like his passion and effort for a long time now but lately his frustration as a leader is over the top and I feel his side is resenting him. Particularly other senior players.
As a fullback for the skill level he offers and for the money he's allegedly asking, we should be looking at strengthening other positions.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big fuck no! The guys a peasant. Heard him scream at his centre and winger calling em shit cuntts when let a try in against the roosters. The no crowds allowed us to hear it as clear as day. Don’t need that rubbish
You say it as if it’s a bad thing players should be called out if they fuck up I think.. I used to get told off as an apprentice doing my job being lazy and whatever made me a better worker and tradesman what does jackson say every time they stand behind the posts nothing sometimes a kick up the ass like that is what they need

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Dont think he'd fit in @ the club/team. Something about him..

As a player, effort>talent - talent and effort demands that type of money, id say no just for the simple fact he reckons he deserves that type of money. Also the reason why he wont fit into our team id presume.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very good player heart and soul of Parra we could do far worse buying wise(and have done clearly), having said that we don't need him so i doubt we would look at him at all.Isn't worth anywhere near a mill obviously but if Moses is on that....you can't blame a bloke for asking.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
You say it as if it’s a bad thing players should be called out if they fuck up I think.. I used to get told off as an apprentice doing my job being lazy and whatever made me a better worker and tradesman what does jackson say every time they stand behind the posts nothing sometimes a kick up the ass like that is what they need
I agree but theres a way of doing it. Nobody will respect him that way he handled it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks but no thanks.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate him like the rest but hands down better then 80% of our squad. Attitude wise to his team mates fuck no, ability yes, price he is asking dreamer.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like his game approach, his personality could be a problem !
Now we have signed so many backs...It's a NO.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would absolutely love it if Gutho called out the players who don't put in each week like Allan, Katoa, Napa, etc.

Who knows, maybe Ennis, Graham would've unloaded on some of the players in the past but the mic never picked it up.

Andrew Johns was always visibly furious and would chuck his mouth guard onto the pitch when they were losing ...who knows what he said to his players...

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At 500k yeh why not he try’s hard and that’s about it

But anymore then that no, he’s all effort but sometimes that’s not enough

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great player but no thanks. Wrong timing for us, we have enough backs at the moment

In a couple of years though we could be on the lookout for a top class fullback if Dufty doesn't work out.

If Joey Manu ends up at the Warriors on big $$ as a fullback I wouldn't be surprised if Gus goes for Reece Walsh.

I know he went over there for an opportunity and while the Warriors are based in Australia he obviously isn't missing home, but maybe in the next few years once he is living in NZ fulltime he could be enticed back home, especially if the Warriors land Manu

Just thinking out loud, no source, no insider knowledge :grinning: