Opinion Would you take a punt on Anthony Milford?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but we all know the potential that Anthony Milford has and the only reason his reputation took a hit was because he was on a million dollars and wasn’t performing towards the end of his contract and could possibly benefit from a change…. Still only 26 would you take him on a reduced contract knowing that he could cover multiple positions?

No need for nasty comments please, just opinions.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but we all know the potential that Anthony Milford has and the only reason his reputation took a hit was because he was on a million dollars and wasn’t performing towards the end of his contract and could possibly benefit from a change…. Still only 26 would you take him on a reduced contract knowing that he could cover multiple positions?

No need for nasty comments please, just opinions.
Fullback?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with tpj but with Milford he can play multiple positions and could be worth a punt but it could also be a risk
Milford played behind some really good forwards at the Broncos and showed little creativity without an organising halfback next to him... a liability defensively... prefers playing five-eighth to fullback... has already played the homesick card... honestly, he doesn't look like the game is anything more than just a job for him and for whom a 51% display is 1% of wasted effort

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Milford played behind some really good forwards at the Broncos and showed little creativity without an organising halfback next to him... a liability defensively... prefers playing five-eighth to fullback... has already played the homesick card... honestly, he doesn't look like the game is anything more than just a job for him and for whom a 51% display is 1% of wasted effort
I think when he first arrived there he was good for them but then it went downhill towards the end

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our priorities are Smith and Prop
every one else depends on who fits in the puzzle
The problem when you have priorities and you keep holding out hoping for them to land, you miss out on anyone else in the mean time, and in the end if that priority hasn’t landed, well we have missed on everything

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think when he first arrived there he was good for them but then it went downhill towards the end
A new club, minimum wage, might get him back into his earlier years form, might be worth the punt, especially as it seems we won’t be getting another established half alongside Burton, so I’m guessing Averillo will be the man, and Milford at the back might be a good thing?

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if I was going to take a punt on a talented but disappointing half and on a seriously reduced contract, it would be Ash Taylor
Yeah I was thinking that, depends what the intentions for Averillo are? If he stays in the halves or moves to the back