Would like to see more of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
The way we ended the game against Panthers. Last 15 minutes in attack we chanced our arm. Offloads. Guys running overs lines and just throwing the footy around. Even to the extend of Hodko finding himself on the wing for the last try running off an offload from Kas.

I would like to see us play with a little more risk. Watching the boys just attack almost carefree was brilliant and shows what we are capable of. Right now we are playing risk-free, high percentage football. Which is fine as I think it's the right brand of footy to play, but it would be good for Des to give guys a licence to attack and see some high risk plays out there.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So in a nut shell Malla you would like to bring back the old Bulldog entertainer sides of the 80's :grinning: They were fun to watch!!!

Malla

Reaction score
Haha possibly. We have the skill to do it. I just feel that Des wants us to play a more risk-free brand of footy. Would be interesting to see how many offloads we average this year compared to other seasons.

Not saying it isn't working. It is. We average a lot less mistakes and we have been a lot more efficient of late, hence the close wins. Would just like to see us show more in attack sometimes..

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Yes and No... I would like to see our defence stiffen up and a completion rate of 85%+ and play for field position!

We are at our best with a high completion rate... Razzle dazzle can work but more then likely it won't, then everyone will complain some more.

Malla

Reaction score
Yes and No... I would like to see our defence stiffen up and a completion rate of 85%+ and play for field position!

We are at our best with a high completion rate... Razzle dazzle can work but more then likely it won't, then everyone will complain some more.
We would need to find a way to compete with a high completion rate and still show some razzle dazzle. Late in halves when opposing teams slow down a little. This is why having Tolman back would be brilliant - then Kasiano can come off the bench mid-way through the first and second half and instill some of that footy.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Why are people coming up with ridiculous suggestions. Essentially you'd like the team to play with no structure and hope for the best.

I can't think of a better way to compound our already large problems.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our biggest problem lately is our conpletion rate...fix this and we will make top 4...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are people coming up with ridiculous suggestions. Essentially you'd like the team to play with no structure and hope for the best.

Not that I agree with the idea, but the Eels in 2009 are a good example of what a team is capable of when you throw the boring structures in the bin and just play fast paced footy with heaps of second phase play.

I think we definitely need to loosen up in attack a bit,

Malla

Reaction score

LOL no where did I say that I would like to see the team play with no structure.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Not that I agree with the idea, but the Eels in 2009 are a good example of what a team is capable of when you throw the boring structures in the bin and just play fast paced footy with heaps of second phase play.

I think we definitely need to loosen up in attack a bit,

No, everything was on the back of Hayne... I don't see a Hayne type player in the Bulldogs team!

Our only way of winning and having a chance at the title... Completion rate of 80-85%+

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All we need is our forwards to play like traditional forwards and not halves.

Hit the ball up fast and hard, we have proved that they can't stop us this year.

Tolman is a massive key to this.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes when a coach harps on about ball security and completion rates the attack can become boring and predictable. I would like to see us play tight when we need to and to open up at the right time, mainly in the opposition red zone or whenever they are back peddling further out. 4 FORWARD HIT UPS AND A KICK IS UNACCEPTABLE ATTACKING OF THE OPPOSITION TRY LINE!!!!!!!>:(

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Assassin touched on it. I think people have taken what Tolman does for granted. He is vital to our defence as not only do we lose a guy who makes 30+ tackles a game, it allows Graham to do what he's best in picking and choosing his halfback like passes and runs. He is being used as a battering ram and is doing 2 people's job. Granted he's not human and is a machine but even machines need to be turned off and given a rest after a while.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Assassin touched on it. I think people have taken what Tolman does for granted. He is vital to our defence as not only do we lose a guy who makes 30+ tackles a game, it allows Graham to do what he's best in picking and choosing his halfback like passes and runs. He is being used as a battering ram and is doing 2 people's job. Granted he's not human and is a machine but even machines need to be turned off and given a rest after a while

Absolutely agree Graham is tired and cannot carry these lazy Kiwis anymore without Tolman assisting him

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expect Corey Parker to target Reynolds and Lafai all night with the offload to the rat

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
What I would like to see:

- More creativity from our halves
- Better attitude and commitment in defence
- Ennis to have a better involvement in attack
- Not to be so one dimensional in attack
- Look to utilize grubbers not bombs inside the opposition 20 (Never understood why the bomb used so much considering we have short wingers)
- Toughen up defence through the the ruck (The meters being conceded through the ruck is way too high)

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geez, what happened to us? 3 weeks ago we were defending so well Cameron Smith decided to take a penalty goal from the sideline on his non-favoured side because the Storm couldn't break our line TO LEVEL THE SCORE!!!

Today we are so brittle, that only a side like the Raiders could leak more points at the moment.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Geez, what happened to us? 3 weeks ago we were defending so well Cameron Smith decided to take a penalty goal from the sideline on his non-favoured side because the Storm couldn't break our line TO LEVEL THE SCORE!!!

Today we are so brittle, that only a side like the Raiders could leak more points at the moment.
It is a shame to see the massive decline in the last 3 weeks.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like to see more of...??? Girls with big tits :grinning::p But seriously more doggy Premierships.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
night and day from last fri night compared to game against melbourne. For some reason the great start to our season felt so long ago. cant slip much futher or else just flat out staying in the 8. our differential is pretty crap too compared to most others in the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.