Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Declining Kieran Foran a cheap two year deal

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's a very big call.
Chances are if we had signed them both (and let's say we didn't sign Sharon), we would've had to let one of them go anyway.

We were basing those signings off an increased salary cap that didn't eventuate. As much as I would've loved to have them, it would've crippled us even more.

Also, from what I remember, Moses, Teddy, Brooks and Woods were shopping themselves to us as a PACKAGE, right? So you have to add the negatives of Brooks & Woods to the positives of Teddy & Moses. Teddy and Moses as a DUO, absolute no-brainer, though...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thurston was the most costly. We may have been able to win another comp before the 04 team completely disintegrated

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking two of Penriths Dally M centres of the year and playing them out of position

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry bro, that was Jim Dymock who implemented the forwards passing game style. Des adopted it and added some extras to it and sweeping plays. This is fact
Appreciate you being respectful about it, which is rare for TK. I didnt know Dymock started that, guess my memory doesnt work that well anymore!

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That list (and the additional comments in this thread) are enough to make a grown man cry.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK for Reed.

didn’t expect any other answer from me though right? Lol :tongueclosed:

but of course the Thurston one was pretty fucking bad.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thurston with daylight second, then Castle ... probably the biggest blunder any club has made in my fifty odd years of following footy.

I still feel uneasy when i hear Thurston talk ... can't fully wrap my head around how we let one of the best players of all time walk.

My clan and i knew he was absolutely special after about 6 games in Flegg .... we weren't the only ones.

Cost us two or three premierships at least ... my blood pressure is rising as i type.

We could have had Thurston, SBW, and Barba in the same team ... that would have been a dynasty ... unstoppable.

Last edited:

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think culturally, the worst decisions were none of those listed, tragic as they were, but seeing captains Ennis, Price and Graham finishing careers in other club colours and Jackson shafted or whatever happened there this year….
Our treatment of captains (admittedly I don’t have much information around circumstances) is shameful.