WORST GOAL LINE DEFENCE I'VE EVER SEEN

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not a player issue . It’s a coaching issue . To many cookie cutter coaches that think they just do the same thing as is done at clubs on top. These coaches have no plan B and actually cannot teach .

evidence of lack of coaches is fitter for origin , enough said
Not saying he’s blameless but Ciro isn’t laying on the ground leaving us short at marker, isn’t meandering back into the defensive line like it’s a Sunday stroll on the beach, and isn’t leaving a massive gap in front of the play the ball 2m out.

There’s plenty of blame to go around

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need some tough nuts in the side, when a guy like hopgood off contract

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s be honest we are fielding a reserve grade team.

Ive said it before Topine is a turnstile in defence. Wilson, Skelton, Morrin all rookies. Very hard to compete.
Topine was the saviour last week apparently :laughing:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When a team defends poorly the last thing they should be doing is short dropouts. Just a dumb footy team.

Reactions: DDR

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not saying he’s blameless but Ciro isn’t laying on the ground leaving us short at marker, isn’t meandering back into the defensive line like it’s a Sunday stroll on the beach, and isn’t leaving a massive gap in front of the play the ball 2m out.

Well yes that’s right, however I am quite sure those same guys would not do that to Bennett or Bellamy. They fear and respect those coaches too much and are made to work harder on field and off for them.
Personally I think CC has spent too much time on the softer “one team” building stuff and trying to be their mate. I suspect they lack the fitness and respect/fear of him yet. For several rounds now he has called out the poor attitude and laziness but not all players are responding to him.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree but disagree… players ain’t progressing and getting better under his coaching which is a worry. Season almost done and besides Preston I don’t see anyone improving. Mahoney and jac have regressed from last year. Rfm is a shadow of his former self. It seems like these players have no fear of getting dropped or don’t fear the coach. Im sick and tired of this friendly style of coaching. The joint needed a hard ass coach like flange to come and wipe out every dead wood. And make players accountable for shit effort. I bet you my left nut dragons will be a fringe 8 team next year while we lurk down the bottom again. Sick of this crap the club has been dishing out for years.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There’s something seriously wrong with our defence. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen by any team

our attack has improved a lot, and even still we don’t even notice because our defence just ruins it. It’s non existent
Nothing seriously wrong at all. Have you watched much NSW cup? This is standard cup defense. Our entire pack bar TPJ is cup players. In cup it’s almost expected that if you barge over you score. These kids have nobody to learn defending their line at nrl standard from.

The problem is Kikau is on the edge so he will barely help, Thompson will help but he’s not the “solid defense” guy in a team. Bit better than TPJ maybe but he’s more an attacking forward.

We are actually missing sutton right now. He’s probably one of our more solid defenders.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s gonna be the darkest day in our history next Sunday.. Penrith will not hold back..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have a Harry Maguire situation at the club, a defensive calamity!

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The try by Willison was one of the poorest defensive plays I’ve ever seen from us or anyone. Ennis was almost ready to run out there and remind us how to tackle. Morrin is screaming at someone (himself?) to cover Willison in case he tries to barge over from dummy half. Topine is on the other side of the ruck either not listening or thinking he’s got it covered. How did those two, and everyone else, not figure out that a massive player, who never goes to dummy half, and is 2m from the line, is going to at least try and score?! As others have said it was schoolboy stuff today. Our defence is absolutely woeful and seems to be getting worse.
Apparently there was a plunge on Williston pre game in the anytime try scorer market. $31 into $17

I think Topine or morrin may be investigated for match fixing. It was like they purposely left a yawning hole for him to jump into

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The funniest part was seeing Morrin & Topine get up after the try was scored and look dumbfounded

"wait this was supposed to be the passion day for Josh and his send off, how did that happen?"

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funniest part was seeing Morrin & Topine get up after the try was scored and look dumbfounded

"wait this was supposed to be the passion day for Josh and his send off, how did that happen?"
That was really dreadful. I watched the try again on social media (don’t know why I did that) and they looked so confused. They were both going different directions and not sure who Morrin is yelling at. It’s laughable especially considering Topine had already been involved in letting a try in beforehand doing the exact same thing. That was the weakest and most embarrassing defence I’ve seen. Topine was just so bad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And missed 12 less tackles and 6 less ineffective tackles all while making 96 more tackles. The kicking stats were pretty bad against us (kick defusal was 55%/92% against us, which I’m guessing is catching it on the full)

I’d like to see the stat for the number of times one of our players lay on the ground after making a tackle while we were short at marker. Too lazy to get up, too lazy/inept to work the tackle to allow defenders to get up, too lazy/inept to make sure the ball carrier is on their back, too lazy/inept to check we are covered at marker
It all adds up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Disgusting defence. It’s actually embarrassing how bad they can be. I stupidly decided to go to the game before my daughter’s birthday. I thought it would be a good pre game warm up for the party of screaming kids :tearsofjoy: I would have rather listened to screaming kids instead…
How was the atmosphere RP? Seemed like the booing was replaced with stunned silence and pure hopelessness at what has become of our team.

Such a big day out and occasion at our spiritual home and both of our teams just capitulated.

Bad enough watching on TV but the feeling at the ground must have been very hollow.

bluewhitepride

Waterboy
Reaction score
I feel that we consistently shoot ourselves in the foot early in almost every game by giving away cheap penalties and six agains in the first half and gassing our already tiny forward pack...

It's been happening for as long as I can remember in almost every game.

We never finish strong because we spend so much time tackling. Even last week, we started like a house on fire but fell flat after half time. It's like there is no discipline or repurcussions for stupid errors. Completely baffling.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players aren't buying into his shit system and it shows. Plus tge other duds know they aren't here next year so their heart isn't in it.

I don't know about soy boys today but if a man was told they aren't needed, they would play their arse off to earn a contract somewhere else.
He is being stubborn with his defensive strategies he needs to adapt to the team he has and stop trying to put a square peg in a round hole

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 tries from dummy-half LOL

Any C grade team could defend their line better than us WTF. We can't defend one single set of 6 on our line. What a joke.

How are we so so bad with Ciraldo being the former defence coach for the best in the NRL ?

Are they just f..king dumb and don't understand his systems ? Can it really be that hard ?

We need to score 60 points a game if this is the way we defend.

Sack our D coach and hire Holbrook. Get Tino. He'll help
What I don't understand is why the Fuck do we persist with these short drop out kicks when the score is 18 all ? and give the opposing teams the ball back in our quarter when we the defense is so bad, we have been doing this all year and 9 times out of 10 we don't get the ball back and the opposing team gets the ball back in our red zone and score a try because our defense is so bad talk about poor footy IQ Burton should be booting the bloody ball as far down the field as he can and try and force the mistake on their side of half way as far from our danger zone as possible

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need some tough nuts in the side, when a guy like hopgood off contract
Mentioned him last year. Jayden Sua, he's a tough **** and regularly takes hard carries despite being an edge. Would consider him as right edge 2RF and Preston at lock to harden our side defensively