WORST GOAL LINE DEFENCE I'VE EVER SEEN

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We could honestly defend better when we had tbaz. We just couldnt score. We had a lot of low score games
I've gone back and looked at Tbaz's full strength line ups, his forward pack is a lot better than what Ciraldo is working with.

Gus & Cam left it paper thin for 2023 there is no denying it. From Tbaz we had Vaughan, Stimson, Ava, Jackson, Thompson. That is 5 forwards and we only signed Kikau & Preston.

I added Thompson because he is made of glass they should have treated him like a forward who had left like Vaughan. We went down 5 forwards and signed 2 LOL

All of those forwards on the list are experienced players as well who we've replaced with cup players and make shift Okunbor.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one will call it as it is. The passion merchants have a green light to be shit and the fans won't react. Flanagan & Burton will cop a hammering but because Morrin & Topine slam the bin lid in the team song the fans will turn a blind eye to their reserve grade standard performances.
Yes and we’re not hearing the team song, much this year. Even Morrin & Topine out of a job post match as well

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This season is still way ahead of the Tbaz seasons of complete shit. It still burns seeing this crap defense but I think we can turn it around with some key recruits and offloading deadwood. At least they are able to score points more consistently now.
We have already shed more than half the old roster, with more deadwood to come. Instead of an attacking issue under TBaz, we now have swapped for a defensive issue under CC.
I’m really wondering if there is just enough talent available on the market, and we are just going to have to wait until some of the junior regional talent comes to the top over the next 3-4 years. And PVL wants an 18th team!!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have already shed more than half the old roster, with more deadwood to come. Instead of an attacking issue under TBaz, we now have swapped for a defensive issue under CC.
I’m really wondering if there is just enough talent available on the market, and we are just going to have to wait until some of the junior regional talent comes to the top over the next 3-4 years. And PVL wants an 18th team!!!
There is enough talent we've just had idiots in charge at our club so we have to undo the damage. All you have to do is go back 10 years now and look how stacked our team was with players. We had the talent but we had clowns in charge at the top.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scary thing is I reckon bears nsw cup team will give our firsts a run for our money I reckon they’ll prob even beat us. Bears looked so good in person, so switched on in defence and attack. Each player knew what to do. We look like lost puppies out there. I’m convinced ciraldos coaching is a massive issue that needs to be rectified asap. Gus step in.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you honestly expect the squad to play better or with better attitude than they already are showing when you have everyone else saying it’s a rebuild will take years etc . They are told by their bosses they are shit and we don’t expect anything … if not much is expected you think they will play their all , unless it’s contract time

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not a player issue . It’s a coaching issue . To many cookie cutter coaches that think they just do the same thing as is done at clubs on top. These coaches have no plan B and actually cannot teach .

evidence of lack of coaches is fitter for origin , enough said

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ciro says the right things in his 4 min presser calling our defence “Amateurish “

Let’s see some fkn action …Penny at Penny could be the darkest day in dogs history since a fortnight ago
We didn’t even get smashed by Penrith last year and apparently last year was rock bottom

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All this is actually a bad reflection on the coach.

Defensive energy is the difference between a good and bad one.

Eeryone played for each other under Hasler and its no surprise players said he was their fav. We barely leaked points even though we couldnt score points but we didnt leak points.

We struggled to score but didnt leak points.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let’s be honest we are fielding a reserve grade team.

Ive said it before Topine is a turnstile in defence. Wilson, Skelton, Morrin all rookies. Very hard to compete.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There’s something seriously wrong with our defence. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen by any team

our attack has improved a lot, and even still we don’t even notice because our defence just ruins it. It’s non existent
Players aren't buying into his shit system and it shows. Plus tge other duds know they aren't here next year so their heart isn't in it.

I don't know about soy boys today but if a man was told they aren't needed, they would play their arse off to earn a contract somewhere else.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Eeryone played for each other under Hasler and its no surprise players said he was their fav. We barely leaked points even though we couldnt score points but we didnt leak points.

No respect, love or fear for the assistant.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we cant even wrap the ball up and stop the offloads

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

To be fair Des roster at his disposal was far better than todays park footy players

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh at the start, they were inside our 20m 4 times and scored 4 tries. Pretty soft a few of the tries also.
All of them were soft. One of those tries Broncos literally had four players who could've fallen on the ball and scored. Dogs player's didn't give AF.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We certainly still need to be recruiting, we still have reserve grade level players in the squad. Of course doesnt help having players like Kikau, JAC, Thompson out, but even if they all play, we still need to replace a few players. Not sure why are replacing Averillo though.