WORST GOAL LINE DEFENCE I'VE EVER SEEN

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The try by Willison was one of the poorest defensive plays I’ve ever seen from us or anyone. Ennis was almost ready to run out there and remind us how to tackle. Morrin is screaming at someone (himself?) to cover Willison in case he tries to barge over from dummy half. Topine is on the other side of the ruck either not listening or thinking he’s got it covered. How did those two, and everyone else, not figure out that a massive player, who never goes to dummy half, and is 2m from the line, is going to at least try and score?! As others have said it was schoolboy stuff today. Our defence is absolutely woeful and seems to be getting worse.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When you have a plan your challenge is getting thru to the players some of which are young and CC is not getting through to them and that's on him not the players. Holbrook is plan B
Holbrook failed @ Titan with a stacked roster + Ciraldo has a 5 year deal and won't be going anywhere at least until halfway through his 3rd year...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The try by Willison was one of the poorest defensive plays I’ve ever seen from us or anyone. Ennis was almost ready to run out there and remind us how to tackle. Morrin is screaming at someone (himself?) to cover Willison in case he tries to barge over from dummy half. Topine is on the other side of the ruck either not listening or thinking he’s got it covered. How did those two, and everyone else, not figure out that a massive player, who never goes to dummy half, and is 2m from the line, is going to at least try and score?! As others have said it was schoolboy stuff today. Our defence is absolutely woeful and seems to be getting worse.
No one will call it as it is. The passion merchants have a green light to be shit and the fans won't react. Flanagan & Burton will cop a hammering but because Morrin & Topine slam the bin lid in the team song the fans will turn a blind eye to their reserve grade standard performances.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook failed @ Titan with a stacked roster + Ciraldo has a 5 year deal and won't be going anywhere at least until halfway through his 3rd year...
I did say a plan B not a good plan B or am I just back traking you can decide ha ha

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they like forming that little huddle after every try so they let in as many tries as possible

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one will call it as it is. The passion merchants have a green light to be shit and the fans won't react. Flanagan & Burton will cop a hammering but because Morrin & Topine slam the bin lid in the team song the fans will turn a blind eye to their reserve grade standard performances.
Sadly this is 100% right. Both are too small to be forwards and don’t offer anything else to make up for it. I know Bateman isn’t in great form this year but he’s a comparable size to Topine and Morrin I think, and just offers so much more.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve conceded 142pts in 3 games since our last bye. That’s 25 tries…a try every 9.6 minutes. And that’s against the knights, a heavily depleted south’s and a heavily depleted broncos.

He’s lost the dressing room, I’m convinced of it
242 next week after we play Penrith.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I’d seen photos of Willie Mason around training at different times this year. Surely….surely he’d have some tips to fix this. I follow the CQ Capras a fair bit in the Qld Cup…. I’m not sure their defends is any worse.
But it was rubbish today in that game against north Sydney this arv as well.
More tackling bags, less gym perhaps?

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s something seriously wrong with our defence. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen by any team

our attack has improved a lot, and even still we don’t even notice because our defence just ruins it. It’s non existent

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
probably because the assistant thinks we can defend like Panther without the players, same with Barrett in previous years in regards to our attack
Point exactly. Key word players. Players didn’t pull their weight in defence, tbh I don’t see how this is the coach’s fault he isn’t on the field the players are.

Different story if the coach is saying don’t defended let them score tries.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The individual efforts lack thereof we’re disgraceful

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to reinforce the point it’s about attitude…in the last 12min of the Beagles vs Cows, I counted only two tackles where a defender stayed laying on the ground after a tackle. And that was the third set in a row that manly defended. They were stuffed but still made the effort to get up and get back into the line. It’s not like manly is a team full of superstars, they just work their guts out and keep going.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s something seriously wrong with our defence. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen by any team

our attack has improved a lot, and even still we don’t even notice because our defence just ruins it. It’s non existent
This season is still way ahead of the Tbaz seasons of complete shit. It still burns seeing this crap defense but I think we can turn it around with some key recruits and offloading deadwood. At least they are able to score points more consistently now.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This season is still way ahead of the Tbaz seasons of complete shit. It still burns seeing this crap defense but I think we can turn it around with some key recruits and offloading deadwood. At least they are able to score points more consistently now.
We could honestly defend better when we had tbaz. We just couldnt score. We had a lot of low score games