Work needed on attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How bad are we when we have had our backs to the wall then we make our way down field with the ball?
We are not looking to pass, we are starting to look like last years dogs and just hit it up.
Have we lost the ability to pass from side to side?
Last tackle we need to roll it in for a repeat set, we can fix this.
What needs to be done?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally haven't found this to be an issue for us to be honest.

My larger worry is that we can't score points in the opposition's danger zone. They've found us out in that department.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Broncos and Tigers have both raced up to each man in the back line before they get the ball and this has shut down a lot of our line breaks in the past 2 weeks.

I think we need to pass it even earlier or run an angle and occasionally dummy to keep them in 2 minds. We are getting too predictable in our set plays.

Having said that, we continue to score long range tries against the run of play.

It think we have plenty of improvement in us, which is a great sign.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonight we barely had any ball in quality field position. Everytime we did we were buggered from all the defense. Not an issue for mine. Only thing I wud lik to see is more grubbers for repeat sets and building pressure.

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it is becoming an issue, teams have figured out our plays and rushing up on barba on that little run around play. Des need to teach them some new tricks.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think it is becoming an issue, teams have figured out our plays and rushing up on barba on that little run around play. Des need to teach them some new tricks.
No point in bringing out your big plays in the last 2-3 rounds before the finals champ

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
I still think the Dogs gotta work on their Defence before finals come.. Attack comes when you have the ball, Defence wins games and that is what Des Hasler is acheiving.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Broncos and Tigers have both raced up to each man in the back line before they get the ball and this has shut down a lot of our line breaks in the past 2 weeks.

I think we need to pass it even earlier or run an angle and occasionally dummy to keep them in 2 minds. We are getting too predictable in our set plays.

It think we have plenty of improvement in us, which is a great sign.
I noticed this too they were rushing up on KK to pressure his pass. I also noticed that Barba started to run a very short line just off his hip when this started happening because the tigers rushing up on our backs left a massive hole between KK and Morris. Had KK been a tiny bit quicker in giving him that short ball he would have been in open spaces

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
No point in bringing out your big plays in the last 2-3 rounds before the finals champ
I agree 100%. We did use some variations a few weeks ago but they seem to be on ice now. Des is a very crafty customer. He'll have it under control

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i noticed keating shifting the ball away quickly a couple of times to our left. nearly had the tigers defence split. stagg unfortunately dropped one of those from memory?!?

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should give it more to the front player like Reynolds did to Jackson against the Broncos.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Their is nothing to worry about, everything will come together perfectly for the finals. We are nowhere near peaking and even when we are off we still refuse to lose.
Des will have us sweet come finals!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We won't peak until we control the ball, we are starting to knock on and throw speculators when the pass isn't on, Pritchard was messy last night.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
How bad are we when we have had our backs to the wall then we make our way down field with the ball?
We are not looking to pass, we are starting to look like last years dogs and just hit it up.
Have we lost the ability to pass from side to side?
Last tackle we need to roll it in for a repeat set, we can fix this.
What needs to be done?
Did you even watch the game last night?How many times did we throw long passes at our own end on kick returns?At least half a dozen times by my count.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I personally haven't found this to be an issue for us to be honest.

My larger worry is that we can't score points in the opposition's danger zone. They've found us out in that department.
The only reason we had trouble scoring last night in the Tigers danger zone was because we hardly ever got there!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nothing wrong our attack. We average 24 points a games for the whole year. 2nd best attack in the NRL as we speak. Lol at ppl thinking we should score 30+ every single match.

The ppl in this place are worse than Des at talking down our chances lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.