Word document

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a new computer and it doesn't have word document on it, does anyone know if there is any free versions or do you have to pay microsoft another hundred?
Thanks for any help peeps.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No free versions.

You can use Google Documents. All you need is a gmail account and internet connection. But beware it's not the greatest when converting layout between Word and Google Docs.

Do you work in an office environment at all or have corporate email access? Chances are your company use O365 and you're able to use that license to download and install the Office suit on your computer.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Check with family and friends if they has licensing through work. You may b able to pick up Office Professional for $15 like some of us

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Open Office. It's a free open version of office that's compatible with all the Microsoft office stuff.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get it free through my work, don’t think it’s transferable though.
I’ve never used it. I use pages.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
obviously you dont have an asian or an indian friend who can let you borrow their "legit" and "100% original" Microsoft Office CD?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
These days MS Office is pretty much subscription only via Office 365(except in enterprise). They are slowly moving away from physical disc/usb/fixed versions of the software, instead favouring a "$110 a year" sort of model.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
These days MS Office is pretty much subscription only via Office 365(except in enterprise). They are slowly moving away from physical disc/usb/fixed versions of the software, instead favouring a "$110 a year" sort of model.

you can still get microsoft office 2010 on CDs... it just may not have the latest features but it does a pretty good job.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
you can still get microsoft office 2010 on CDs... it just may not have the latest features but it does a pretty good job.
You can get digital downloads for Office 2016 and 2019 now, or some with a USB key included.

2010 extended support ends next year. It's mainstream support ended in 2015.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you don't need to transfer a lot of documents to other computers just do as Mr i says and download a free open Office version. Microsoft are money grubbing bastards in wanting fees to constantly keep your products updated.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If you don't need to transfer a lot of documents to other computers just do as Mr i says and download a free open Office version. Microsoft are money grubbing bastards in wanting fees to constantly keep your products updated.
Is there any major corporation who doesn't grub for money?

I'm not sticking up for Microsoft but lots of people have illegally downloaded their products!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a new computer and it doesn't have word document on it, does anyone know if there is any free versions or do you have to pay microsoft another hundred?
Thanks for any help peeps.
A gaming pc?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And they wonder why people download shit...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
And they wonder why people download shit...
Here is why people get pissed off at Microsoft. These are your current options.
Office 2019 is the latest and instead of 5 years mainstream support, they have changed it so only 2 years of mainstream support now exist. That means in 2 years Office 2019 is not supported for release of patches, and in 4 years even security patches will not be released for 2019 (forcing people to the latest version).

In addition to this:
MS Office Home and Student 2019 ONE OFF PURCHASE - includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint. $199 AUD
MS Office Professional 2019 ONE OFF PURCHASE - includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access. $639 AUD!!!!

Or subscription model:
MS Office 365 Personal - includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access. SINGLE PC INSTALLATION / NON COMMERCIAL USE $99 AUD per year.
MS Office 365 Home - includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access. 6 DEVICE INSTALLATION / NON COMMERCIAL USE $129 AUD per year.

But it gets better. Office 2019 ONE OFF PURCHASES only work on Windows 10. So if you are still on Windows 7/8/8.1, then you HAVE to buy subscription.

They've pissed off many a business with this stupidity, as many businesses are still on Win7.

It's become a joke, hence why I'm staying on Office 2007.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Almost $650 for MS Office. Suck my fat, hairy balls.

If you're gonna charge me a ridiculous amount for a typing program, close to $30 for a movie ticket and $80 for games filled with DLC guess what people are going to do...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people need Microsoft office at home anyway...?