Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought he would have a big game after the pasting he copped in the media during the week

88metres

Need more metres from him as our starting prop & especially replacing a workhorse leader like Graham

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was poor tonight. I still think Pay's use of the bench needs plenty of work and that it didn't really help Woods or the team tonight. For example we could have done with 2 fresh props coming on together during the 2nd half to try and swing momentum when we were under the pump, instead we kinda just threw people on 1 by 1 and it you didn't really notice the fresh player coming on.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s been sooo soft.
You’d think woods and Klem would fire each other up and both would go to another level. They’ve both gone backwards.
Yup , thought they really would of stepped into another gear this year

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone needs to teach Klemmer how to bend at the knees and use his shoulders and drive in defence. Way too much shirt grabbing.

Would be nice to see Woods and Klemmer side by side when taking a hit up and poping an offload just before hitting the line, as every hit up they take they are surrounded by 4 players

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm nicknaming him Balsa.. because balsa wood is soft as fuck.

He hits the defensive line with about as much impact and force as a cushion.

What he needs to work on is the draw in and offload right at the line to a support player. He attracts numbers in defence, but simply going towards them then trying to offload in the tackle can be a high risk. If he ran towards the line full tilt with say Mbye in support, attracted defenders (else he goes straight through), then offloads just as defence commits, Mbye is through a massive hole and away. Very hard to defend against too.

Currently he just floats in first gear up to the defence and they absorb him like water to a sponge.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 good thing about woods, he gets up the refs and try's to explain why we got penalised and they didn't etc
I've hardly seen Jackson question the ref

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm nicknaming him Balsa.. because balsa wood is soft as fuck.

He hits the defensive line with about as much impact and force as a cushion.

What he needs to work on is the draw in and offload right at the line to a support player. He attracts numbers in defence, but simply going towards them then trying to offload in the tackle can be a high risk. If he ran towards the line full tilt with say Mbye in support, attracted defenders (else he goes straight through), then offloads just as defence commits, Mbye is through a massive hole and away. Very hard to defend against too.

Currently he just floats in first gear up to the defence and they absorb him like water to a sponge.
Balsa is mine, I already trademarked it lol

He is another ennis for me, don't completely hate him because he wears our jersey.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't expect him to be aggressive, that should be left up to Klemmer considering its more his game. However what I do expect from Woods is 14-15 runs with 140m and 2-3 offloads a game. In defence, he needs to be more vocal and really step up as a leader which he has down in the past.

He can be the modern day workhorse.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa might be doing more with his running game, but his passing from dummy half is still not showing the timing it needs for him to allow our forwards to hit the ball at pace. I'd rather a dull hooker who can time his passes than someone that can make 10m every seventh time they run from marker. A running hooker might look dangerous, but a hooker that times passes well will allow our forwards to become intimidating. Thats why Klemmer and Woods have done better at rep level. Look at Melbourne when they pick up an average forward. Play an average forward behind someone that can time their passes like C. Smith and they seem to grow another leg. It's quite simple really. A hookers job is to worry about getting the ball to the forwards when they're running close to full pace. I don't care if you have the best & toughest forward pack in the game. If they can't trust their hooker to deliver a pass to them at the right time they will play flat footed (to wait for the pass) and the defense will be in their face by the time they get hold of the ball. This was one of my biggest worries when we re-signed Lichaa. He's good at the flashy parts of the game, but the bread and butter skills are lacking.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No point popping offloads if no one there to back him up........
Otherwise you would be up him for passing to no one.....
Agree if there is no one to pick up the offloads then hit the line hard and make some meters he made 88 not good enough. Tolman played with more aggression ffs

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodsy is a guy who attracts defenders and pushes an offload

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wait, Woods ISN'T playing aggressive!? I'm completely bloody stunned......

Status
Not open for further replies.