Woods to Bulldogs - Channel 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toofu....can u put us all out our misery....tedesco to roosters.....is this a done deal?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The number 1 prop in the game is on less than those blokes? Yeah right. He also plays with his brother which I am sure is important to him and he has been in Melbourne for around 10 years. Why would anyone think he would suddenly uproot and go elsewhere?
No. I said Bromwich would be less than Woods (if not, very similar) and he is the best prop going around.

The other guys would be on much less even though they would provide good value for money, particularly Ma'u. The way we overly-invest in forwards is just a little bemusing

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Toofu69 Tedesco, Foran, Woods all signed sealed and delivered to the Dogs for 2018 ... YES ? lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever games you watch please let me know... we have absolutely nothing in forwards until kasiano comes on.. against the knewcastle knights and broncos same shit until kasiano came on and forced us over with some damaging runs. Our forwards are rubbish.. we have graham and tolman both identical players.. one is ok to swallow but two? You got no clue from top to bottom.. thank god the coach sees it and is chasing woods oh and also we were losing to knights and broncos prior to kasiano coming on and giving our halfs so much needed room to move. Open your eyes mate
The only forward to set up a try this season is Graham with 2. I think Jackson & Elliot are the only ones to score a try. So while Kas has looked flash running wide over the top of smaller blokes the truth is the forwards in the centre are the ones laying the platform. Not only that but they have been going for longer than 10 mins before their hands go on their knees. Yes Kas looks good when he comes on with the sting out of the game and he gives us some go forward but so too do the others. In fact despite the whinging on here, the last few weeks have been strong ones for Eastwood.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
People forget we got a solid kid in bergamin who has been playing isp.. nothing fancy about him but his a fb and a solid no fuss one at that.
I watched him at ANZ against the Rabbits in the 20s. Didn't see much to get excited about and I paid attention to him and Keighran because of their wraps. Keighran looked good but Bergamin didn't do much at all.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No. I said Bromwich would be less than Woods (if not, very similar) and he is the best prop going around.

The other guys would be on much less even though they would provide good value for money, particularly Ma'u. The way we overly-invest in forwards is just a little bemusing
Bromwich and Graham are the highest paid props in the game. Daylight next. There is no way Woods is on their money currently and I seriously doubt he is going to be on anywhere near their money next contract. These blokes lead their clubs and countries and have done for years. Woods is only a kid compared to them.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bromwich and Graham are the highest paid props in the game. Daylight next. There is no way Woods is on their money currently and I seriously doubt he is going to be on anywhere near their money next contract. These blokes lead their clubs and countries and have done for years. Woods is only a kid compared to them.
If he does come, I do hope he is on nothing close to the reported figure

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched him at ANZ against the Rabbits in the 20s. Didn't see much to get excited about and I paid attention to him and Keighran because of their wraps. Keighran looked good but Bergamin didn't do much at all.
Yeah like i said nothing fancy but his solid.. no mistakes.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he does come, I do hope he is on nothing close to the reported figure
The only thing in this world I'm sure of is no-one has any real idea of how much each player is getting, nor what is paid for under the cap and what is not. Even the clubs themselves get into trouble every year with cap problems so how can fans realistically have any idea at all about who is getting paid what.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luke Patten was nothing fancy but solid.

I'd take a Patten like fullback any day
U reckon? Patten was slick. I see bergamin more like a hoppa but better footwork and more reactive. Big quads on the kid.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
U reckon? Patten was slick. I see bergamin more like a hoppa but better footwork and more reactive. Big quads on the kid.
I saw him as a safe solid fullback who contributed to attack.

He didn't ave blistering speed, or a passing game that was special, or tackle busts.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke Patten was nothing fancy but solid.

I'd take a Patten like fullback any day
I liked the general too but go on tell the truth weren't you always a little worried every time the ball went up that he was going to spill it......The thing is that FB play has changed a fair bit in recent years and you can't afford to just have a safe FB. We had that with Perrett and while he wasn't a risk he didn't give us that extra zip that you need to break defences. Patten was the same.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I liked the general too but go on tell the truth weren't you always a little worried every time the ball went up that he was going to spill it......The thing is that FB play has changed a fair bit in recent years and you can't afford to just have a safe FB. We had that with Perrett and while he wasn't a risk he didn't give us that extra zip that you need to break defences. Patten was the same.
100%.. always on the edge of your seat. Whether it was in the air or rolling along the ground. Haha takes me back.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
[emoji23][emoji23] Boys Tedesco is a tricky customer.Woods would look good in blue and white.
From what I heard teddy was made an offer and he was happy with it but what's with the change of mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.