With what we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of negative threads yet again and I can assure you I'm as pissed off as every single one of you dropping from 4th to 7th in 3 pathetic weeks and with the rubbish we have dished out recently.

Point of this thread is for you to work with what we have for our best chance of staging a run through the finals, as unlikely as it is. For me:

- Morris to fullback, hoppa to centres
- Perrett back in the side replacing holland who has way too many errors in his game (11 last 3 weeks I think)
- Graham or Tolman to the bench, Klemmer to front row and RFM to start
- Tolman/Graham told to stay out of the road every now and then in attack (might be hard to change this overnight, but benching one will help)
- reynolds to take dominant half role, long kicking game (sorry, I think his long kicking game is WAYYY better than Mbye who constantly kicks down their throat, or dead)
- possibly Jmoz on the right. Would like to see how reynolds would go with having the moz boys outside him.
- kasiano back (thank fuck). Hopefully increased minutes from him
- trex has leaked 3 tries in 2 weeks from lazy lazy cover defence. I don't know how you fix that but him and eastwood should be nowhere near each other in defence (as much as I like eastwood, he is looking pretty slow and unfit at the moment in D)
- someone else start practicing goal kicking. If we were down by 2 in a semi final with a chance to level up and the ball fell 10m short I would be fuming

That's it from me. 2 days ahead of the Panthers so we have no excuses

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
too little too late.

you can not just change the way we play over night or in 7 days.

we over achieved when we made the top 4 and were 4 points clear of the 5th only 2 weeks ago.

6 or 7 is where we really belonged.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think we can win with the team we have.
Simple as that.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With what we have we overachieved moreso than the dragons last year

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much but we made the gf from 7th in 2014. As unlikely as it is, I think if we made a few key changes it would give us a better chance.

1. Morris is the best example. We are getting shit starts to our sets and have no / slow support up the middle with hoppa. Morris would change that instantly and we'd have more spark

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More effort is being put into threads about how we can improve / what we need to do to change etc then what the players are putting into the games. Time to relax and watch the teams that deserve to be there fight it out. It would be an injustice for us to get past next week.

Reactions: DT

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much but we made the gf from 7th in 2014. As unlikely as it is, I think if we made a few key changes it would give us a better chance.

1. Morris is the best example. We are getting shit starts to our sets and have no support up the middle

you know what, when a lion lives his entire life in a cage of the zoo he forgets how to hunt

if you let him free in the jungle he will die of starvation cos he has never learnt how to chase and hunt down an animal

I just made this up but i am sure it has to be true and applys on the current dogs team

Kelster

Waterboy
Reaction score
Guys some simple changes , Eastwood is NOT an edge backrower , move him to the middle where is defence is needed. Klemmer is a prop, so put him there giving us a 4 x frontrower rotation of 2 x high impact (with Kas) and 2 x workers. RFM is an edge player and likes to offload , that may actually give pour backs some farking ball. Trex is a lazy , heartless lump, his miss in defence tonight on Gray was deplorable, should not be in the team next week. But it comes down to how "Supercoach" Des lets our halves play - let them call the shots and give them the ball 4 tackles a set with the big boys running off them, yes a novel idea to have big blokes running when they receive the ball. Des has a reputation as an innovative coach, what have been his innovations since 2012 with the forwards passing from first receiver?????? Fark All I think.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Plenty of negative threads yet again and I can assure you I'm as pissed off as every single one of you dropping from 4th to 7th in 3 pathetic weeks and with the rubbish we have dished out recently.

Point of this thread is for you to work with what we have for our best chance of staging a run through the finals, as unlikely as it is. For me:

- Morris to fullback, hoppa to centres
- Perrett back in the side replacing holland who has way too many errors in his game (11 last 3 weeks I think)
- Graham or Tolman to the bench, Klemmer to front row and RFM to start
- Tolman/Graham told to stay out of the road every now and then in attack (might be hard to change this overnight, but benching one will help)
- reynolds to take dominant half role, long kicking game (sorry, I think his long kicking game is WAYYY better than Mbye who constantly kicks down their throat, or dead)
- possibly Jmoz on the right. Would like to see how reynolds would go with having the moz boys outside him.
- kasiano back (thank fuck). Hopefully increased minutes from him
- trex has leaked 3 tries in 2 weeks from lazy lazy cover defence. I don't know how you fix that but him and eastwood should be nowhere near each other in defence (as much as I like eastwood, he is looking pretty slow and unfit at the moment in D)
- someone else start practicing goal kicking. If we were down by 2 in a semi final with a chance to level up and the ball fell 10m short I would be fuming

That's it from me. 2 days ahead of the Panthers so we have no excuses
Agree with most of that.
I would put in a new half. We must have one at the club somewhere.
Move Mybe to bench.
Drop Williams.
Drop Holland (Sam might be back next week)
Drop 14.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we were playing Manly or the storm next week we might have a chance as Des's style works on them for some reason, Penrith however will make fools of our players.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh I was crucifying des for leaving it so late to bring on Trex tonight. Then I seen that lazy effort in defence to leak a try after his 2 last week and I can't wait to get rid of the muppet. Hands like feet with the ball and then dishes that up when we are defending our line when he is fresh?! 1-2 good runs a game doesn't make up for that rubbish. Maybe he needs to go back in the centres? But that could be even worse.

I laugh at our pack being "feared". Panthers pack owned us last time. Without tank we no longer have that intimidation apart from Klem and Kas. klem isn't being used right and Kas is only on for 30 mins a game.

This year might be gone or on life support but next year we desperately need to get kas 2012 fit so he can start and play 50-60 mins a game. His fitness has improved this year but with his frame and skill set he offers something that no other prop in the game does. We need more out of him badly next year. Honestly think he was one of the key pieces to our 2012 form and since then he has been injured or unfit most of the time and he is only just starting to get back to that form. Glad we re-signed him but we need to look at starting him again next year

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont have the cattle

Our game plan sucks

No chance this year

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know what, when a lion lives his entire life in a cage of the zoo he forgets how to hunt

if you let him free in the jungle he will die of starvation cos he has never learnt how to chase and hunt down an animal

I just made this up but i am sure it has to be true and applys on the current dogs team
Shit, I hope you are on suicide watch this week, that was deep and dark...hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.