With the 2 points for the bye we are now 8 points ahead of the Tigers on the ladder

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would rather us lose our last 4 games than win them? Wtf :tearsofjoy:
I don’t think anyone wants to lose any games. I think the point they are trying to make is; Suddenly winning games when the season is long over has become a habit in recent years. Giving a false reading on the season. Masking the reality of poor performances both on the field and in the coaching box.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone wants to lose any games. I think the point they are trying to make is; Suddenly winning games when the season is long over has become a habit in recent years. Giving a false reading on the season. Masking the reality of poor performances both on the field and in the coaching box.
A bit different to previous years. I think if injuries were a little kind to us you would of seen a few more wins during the season.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit different to previous years. I think if injuries were a little kind to us you would of seen a few more wins during the season.
Agree to an extent but there are still a few glaring issues that need to be addressed.

When looking at the stats at the end of the season. I fear once again these issues will not be addressed. The stats will say we just missed out on the finals if we win a few more games.

They will use the “we had injuries”and that’s why we leaked so many points excuse. Rather than looking at the facts and trying to fix the problem.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree to an extent but there are still a few glaring issues that need to be addressed.

When looking at the stats at the end of the season. I fear once again these issues will not be addressed. The stats will say we just missed out on the finals if we win a few more games.

They will use the “we had injuries”and that’s why we leaked so many points excuse. Rather than looking at the facts and trying to fix the problem.
Do you really think that they will not analyse every minute detail of this season? Do you think that Gus and Ciraldo are that stupid. What purpose would it serve to sweep obvious problems under the carpet?
And we did have injuries to key players and we still have carry over salary cap issues and that's not an excuse it's just fact. We also made some desperate signings which turned out crap but we probably didn't have much choice, that's why Gus is using the broom now. And next year won't be much better.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really think that they will not analyse every minute detail of this season? Do you think that Gus and Ciraldo are that stupid. What purpose would it serve to sweep obvious problems under the carpet?
And we did have injuries to key players and we still have carry over salary cap issues and that's not an excuse it's just fact. We also made some desperate signings which turned out crap but we probably didn't have much choice, that's why Gus is using the broom now. And next year won't be much better.
We have had the same issues year on year. And NO they haven’t been addressed.

Gus has been here & Ciraldo should have done some due diligence before coming.

We are very poorly conditioned compared to other teams. Our preseason isn’t up to scratch and we are on the back foot from the outset.

There are numerous issues that haven’t been addressed week on week throughout this year alone.

I don’t believe there is any purpose to sweep anything under the carpet. My question is more does Ciraldo even see the cause of the problem. Some of his answers in post match pressers are baffling at best. Then the next week rolls out the same team with the same problem. Showing clearly what he says in the presser was accurately what he is thinking. Injuries or not. Some of his team selections this year and use of the bench showed he was clueless to what happened the weekend before.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

We are very poorly conditioned compared to other teams. Our preseason isn’t up to scratch and we are on the back foot from the outset.

There are numerous issues that haven’t been addressed week on week throughout this year alone.

I don’t believe there is any purpose to sweep anything under the carpet. My question is more does Ciraldo even see the cause of the problem. Some of his answers in post match pressers are baffling at best. Then the next week rolls out the same team with the same problem. Showing clearly what he says in the presser was accurately what he is thinking. Injuries or not. Some of his team selections this year and use of the bench showed he was clueless to what happened the weekend before.
Look, if you believe that you know better then Ciraldo or Gould, good luck to you. Bottom line is, we have had a terrible year with injuries to some of our key players. You talk about his team selections, the cupboard is bare my friend and when he resorted to some of our lower grade players, well we've seen how that turned out. But to suggest that they will look at the stats and say "yeah we're all good we got plenty of excuses we don't need to fix any problems" that is outrages.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We are not poorly conditioned to other teams. Errors, penalties, six agains and letting tries in means we have to defend for long periods. This makes the other team look fitter. The lack of quality in the squad, the lack of size in our pack and the injuries of so many players is the reason why we are getting lapped. TBH, despite a few selection and interchange issues, Ciro has done a fair job with a NSW cup heavy list, no 7, no FB, only 2 middles and decimated by injury.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We really need to fix our depth as well, like quality depth. We've had pure reserve graders playing for most of the year.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are not poorly conditioned to other teams. Errors, penalties, six agains and letting tries in means we have to defend for long periods. This makes the other team look fitter. The lack of quality in the squad, the lack of size in our pack and the injuries of so many players is the reason why we are getting lapped. TBH, despite a few selection and interchange issues, Ciro has done a fair job with a NSW cup heavy list, no 7, no FB, only 2 middles and decimated by injury.
I agree about not being poorly conditioned compared to others I thought our fitness this year had come along way, we could compete in games until the 80 when the last few it was over by the 60 minute mark. We just make so many dumb decision and give away stupid penalties when we are getting some momentum