Winning ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Last 2 weeks that's pretty much been it - both games went down to the final set of six.

I know a wins a win but I was really hoping we put Tigers away this week.

Still not sure about us as genuine title contenders.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We are the best at it hands down lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
6 try to 3 plus we bombed 3 the ref killed us but we still managed a win .
It's a good win
I didnt want to harp on the refs, but fucking Tigers were offside for most of the game. We were lucky to get the knock on call when we were on there line... I was thinking it would be another Fensom situation which happened to us both time we played Canberra.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last 2 weeks that's pretty much been it - both games went down to the final set of six.

I know a wins a win but I was really hoping we put Tigers away this week.

Still not sure about us as genuine title contenders.
I know eh.....we lack a kicking game so badly, which means we don't get easy points like many other teams which can turn momentum.
What worries me is that statistically we can be all over another team, yet not put them away.....and a fluke try or dud ref call cruels our season.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I've noticed is that it's obvious the last 2 weeks we don't start playing till kasiano and Williams come on but we have to start better not let the opposition get out to a big lead

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I didnt want to harp on the refs, but fucking Tigers were offside for most of the game. We were lucky to get the knock on call when we were on there line... I was thinking it would be another Fensom situation which happened to us both time we played Canberra.
I was at the game and the Tigers where always offside

Malla

Reaction score
Both games we got off to terrible starts too - i think the bye came at a really good time, given the tough run home.

Malla

Reaction score
What I've noticed is that it's obvious the last 2 weeks we don't start playing till kasiano and Williams come on but we have to start better not let the opposition get out to a big lead
Spot on.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we start well we would probs win by bigger margins in our games but it's something that we have struggled with hopefully des can tell them to start better in games and we wouldn't have to chase the game

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Boys and Ladies we won so let's all have a sweet rest of the weekend.

Dogs are placed great on the table and we should all take it easy tomorrow and enjoy the win.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are never going to beat ever team by a big margin games like the last two weeks gives the team extra confidence and if we keep it up we will go into the semifinals in good shape

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We always get up for the big games, these games the last couple weeks been dangerous for us but we won em... We will be better against the Cowboys for sure. Our best games this year been against sharks, storm, Broncos.
Also, yes we have had poor starts which we need to fix but the positive is we don't panic and stay in the game.
What I liked tonight is that we finally closed a game out in the last 10 something we have struggled with.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
as the old adage goes "ugly win better than a pretty loss"
The prettiest win is the one that matters most. Keep your cards close to your chest my dear friends. Still a loooong season to go.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've struggled with the Roosters since 2013 and the tigers since 2014 so its hard to see where we are at atm. Both of those team have been in good form recently though so I'm not concerned yet.

Mikehnz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Whingers. Pretty happy with the win, only can get 2 comp points out of it.... Also means the team won't get complacent after big wins as shown earlier in the year where there were big wins then sup par performances the next week.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Whingers. Pretty happy with the win, only can get 2 comp points out of it.... Also means the team won't get complacent after big wins as shown earlier in the year where there were big wins then sup par performances the next week.
Yeah don't call our posters whingers we all go for the same team. Everyone grab some meat get with your families tomorrow and smash out a nice Sunday Bbq and enjoy the win..

I'm just happy with this win..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.