Willie Mason - no, not another rumors thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Last night I watched the grand final again. For the first time in a few months actually.

Watching the way willie mason played that day, and how much he loved it when he was given the clive churchill medal and was celebrating with the fans and the boys... made me feel guilty for my frustrations in regards to his 2006 future.

No matter what happens to this man in the next year or two... no matter what he does or says... he has entrenched himself as a bulldogs hero for eternity.

That day he produced one of the best grand final displays a bulldog has ever displayed. He wanted that title just as much as us.

Willie, no matter what you decide to do with your future, even if it is to sign with those rooster wankers, I will respect you for what you've done for this club and I will always look back at your time with canterbury fondly. Whether that time comes next year, or in 8 years.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
T

TheDoggFather1

I will never respect him now, I always have the Bulldogs ahead of ANY individual player.

Mason didnt win the GF, the BULLDOGS won the GF, that means number 1 to 17.

Who does he think he is speaking against the Bulldogs. I dont care even if it is SBW, I lose respect for you if you bite the hand that feeds you.

M

Makavelli

I agree i dont care what anyone thinks of mason but imo he's a legend.Off the field he might be ****ed but on the field he is one of the best forwards running around in the game.

I want this guy to remain a bulldog for life no matter what anyone else says.

Last edited by a moderator:

~max~

Executioner
Reaction score
Yeah it would be good if he stays for life but he needs to think of his club before he thinks of himself.

T

TheDoggFather1

When I see mason I see a money-hungry. Seriously, he will do anything for money.

*edited by habib

Last edited by a moderator:

~max~

Executioner
Reaction score
Its a shame when all a player thinks about is $$$$ wheres the pride in that.

T

TheDoggFather1

No pride cousin, just pride of their wallets AKA "family"

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
to me Mason might have played well in the Grand Final, but he played along with 16 other blokes who all gave it their all for each other, the club, the coach and us the Fans.....

Willie didnt deserve the CC Medal, I can think of a couple of other players who might have been more deserving but that is water under the bridge now.

My beef with Willie is that he thinks he is bigger than the other players, the club and sometimes I think he is like Mundine and thinks he is bigger than league. HE IS NOT!

T

TheDoggFather1

Thats exactly my point WH!

That attitude is more welcome at bondi, not at Belmore.

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
~max~ said:
Its a shame when all a player thinks about is $$$$ wheres the pride in that.
I dont think its a shame players think about $$$, they do and always will, just like you and I in our jobs.

The difference there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it, we all got kicked in the guts when Price left last year, but he never promised which way he'd go, nor did he bag the Dogs...Mason is doing the opposite on both!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
why should we keep mason? the guy has no respect for his teamates and his attitude towards folkes and clyde is disgusting.

ATM... Mason has $$$$$$ on his head...

~max~

Executioner
Reaction score
whippet_hound said:
I dont think its a shame players think about $$$, they do and always will, just like you and I in our jobs.

The difference there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it, we all got kicked in the guts when Price left last year, but he never promised which way he'd go, nor did he bag the Dogs...Mason is doing the opposite on both!
No mate I took a pay cut for my job I could be earning $70 000 to $100 000 like my mates in my old job but I'm doing what i've always wanted to do and am now earning $48 000 a year.
I depends how much you want something.If Mason wants to wear the Blue and White jersey he will do anything for it including a pay cut and not demanding an unrealistic sum that dosent fit into the Bulldogs budget.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I heard Mason singing this Snoop DOgg classic the other day.

Rolling down the street smoking endo
Sippin' on Gin and Juice

Laid back....
Wid mah mind on mah money and my money on my mind

M

Makavelli

I cant wait till mason resigns and then see how all you guys react.

whippet_hound

HOT DOG
Reaction score
~max~ said:
No mate I took a pay cut for my job I could be earning $70 000 to $100 000 like my mates in my old job but I'm doing what i've always wanted to do and am now earning $48 000 a year.
I depends how much you want something.If Mason wants to wear the Blue and White jersey he will do anything for it including a pay cut and not demanding an unrealistic sum that dosent fit into the Bulldogs budget.
Well I guess dropping that much money gives you no right to bitch about how much something costs, like a house, petrol, beer, new doggies jersey??

If you are doing something you love and are happy getting the money you are on good on you, but I can tell you now, someone walks into my office today and says here is an extra $30K p.a. now come work for me doing exactly the same thing as what you are doing now I am going to jump ship.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i look down on willie

no i mean i literally look down on him because im taller then him!

hee hee!

~max~

Executioner
Reaction score
Bulldogs2005 said:
I cant wait till mason resigns and then see how all you guys react.
Then I'll call him a traitor just like Steve Price.
I want to see players stay for life not play for the highest bidder.Thats whats at the back of SBW mind 1 team for life.

M

Makavelli

~max~ said:
Then I'll call him a traitor just like Steve Price.
I want to see players stay for life not play for the highest bidder.Thats whats at the back of SBW mind 1 team for life.

What?

why is he a traitor if he resigns?

Status
Not open for further replies.