Will we break the record for most changes to a NRL team in 2 consecutive games ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 1 next year we surely have to be breaking the record for most changes in 2 consecutive games - particularly from the last game one season to the first game of the following season.

As below I think there will only be 2 players the same from the starting 13 (so 11 changes) and only 5 the same in the 17 (12 changes)

ROUND 25 2021---------ROUND 1 2022
1 Nick Meaney-----------1 Matt Dufty
2 Corey Allan-------------2 JAC
3 Will Hopoate-----------3 Brent Naden
4 Aaron Schoupp---------4 Corey Allan
5 Jayden Okunbor--------5 Nick Cotric
6 Brandon Wakeham-----6 Matt Burton
7 Jake Averillo-------------7 BBO
8 Ava Seumanufagai------8 Paul Vaughan
9 Sione Katoa--------------9 Joshua Cook
10 Dylan Napa------------10 Luke Thompson
11 Jack Hetherington-----11 TPJ
12 Joe Stimson------------12 RFM
13 Josh Jackson-----------13 Josh Jackson

14 Corey Waddell---------14 John Asiata
15 Ofahiki Ogden---------15 Jack Hetherington
16 Chris Patolo------------16 Ava Seumanufagai
17 Jackson Topine---------17 Jake Averillo

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There will be a lot of change from our round 1 team this year (and even our round 25 team for that matter).

12/17 players different (Dufty, JAC, Schoupp, Naden, Burton, Thompson, JMK, Vaughan, TPJ, BBO, Seumanufagai, Patolo)

Cotric centre -> wing
Averillo five-eighth -> halfback
Hetherington prop -> second row

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus reckons Schoup will be fit, so he’ll probably hold. RFM doubtful early rounds. If fit, JMK will start with Cook on the bench because they like JMK’s defence. Halfback is up for grabs, I wouldn’t pencil anyone in yet - training and trials will decide. Bench and forwards could be some swapping around - again training and trials.

All too early really, could be some surprises - training and trials again.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus reckons Schoup will be fit, so he’ll probably hold. RFM doubtful early rounds. If fit, JMK will start with Cook on the bench because they like JMK’s defence. Halfback is up for grabs, I wouldn’t pencil anyone in yet - training and trials will decide. Bench and forwards could be some swapping around - again training and trials.

All too early really, could be some surprises - training and trials again.
Barrett will need to grow a pair and actually sit back and think before he picks his team. He needs to pick the best options in each position. He needs stop picking players because they are good blokes.

If he keeps picking his favourites that continually don’t perform. His days as a First Grade coach are over.

Barrett is the absolute key to success in 2022. His influence as a coach will decide both his and the Bulldogs fate.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 1 next year we surely have to be breaking the record for most changes in 2 consecutive games - particularly from the last game one season to the first game of the following season.

As below I think there will only be 2 players the same from the starting 13 (so 11 changes) and only 5 the same in the 17 (12 changes)

ROUND 25 2021---------ROUND 1 2022
1 Nick Meaney-----------1 Matt Dufty
2 Corey Allan-------------2 JAC
3 Will Hopoate-----------3 Brent Naden
4 Aaron Schoupp---------4 Corey Allan
5 Jayden Okunbor--------5 Nick Cotric
6 Brandon Wakeham-----6 Matt Burton
7 Jake Averillo-------------7 BBO
8 Ava Seumanufagai------8 Paul Vaughan
9 Sione Katoa--------------9 Joshua Cook
10 Dylan Napa------------10 Luke Thompson
11 Jack Hetherington-----11 TPJ
12 Joe Stimson------------12 RFM
13 Josh Jackson-----------13 Josh Jackson

14 Corey Waddell---------14 John Asiata
15 Ofahiki Ogden---------15 Jack Hetherington
16 Chris Patolo------------16 Ava Seumanufagai
17 Jackson Topine---------17 Jake Averillo
I really like that side but what the fuck is Allen doing in the 17 let alone in the centres. Schoup or Alamoti will get the start before him.
Hope we piss him off during the offseason

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only team that might match it is the drags. They just farewelled 10 players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon mass changes from the last game of one season to the next would be very common….

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like that side but what the fuck is Allen doing in the 17 let alone in the centres. Schoup or Alamoti will get the start before him.
Hope we piss him off during the offseason
I think Schoupp might be struggling to make it by round 1. They says his recovery will be 5 months. Alamoti hasn't played a game of NRL yet.

I think Allan will come good next year with better players around him (back to his Souths form)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon mass changes from the last game of one season to the next would be very common….
I think it would be very rare though for a first grade team to have up to 11 changes to their first 13. It's basically a whole new team.