Will the new 6 again rule last?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It honestly felt like I was watching touch footy last night & when when they were sending players to the bin, my instinct was expecting the ref to point them to to stand off at the end of the field as they do in touch footy.

We are honsestly watching a game of Glorified touch footy, and although I loved & played touch for over 20 years - It ain't the game of Rugby League I grew up playing & watching all my life!!!

It's just not footy!!!

They have F@cked Our Beautiful Tough game Of Rugby League!!!

This ain't tough, this is rubbish!!!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: 6 again should only happen for when the attacking team is within the opposition 20 meters . Anywhere else it’s a penalty. 3 6 agains results in sin bin. Sin bins and sent off high tackles should be only for swinging arm or shoulder that causes HIA

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They might want to tell the clubs soon if they are contemplating changing the rules. The rules have a massive impact on recruiting.. imagine signing a big bopper to a long term or expensive deal before this touch football shit came in..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Referees already had a huge influence on the outcome of NRL games even before 6 again and other new rules and the standard of refereeing in the NRL has been pathetic and incompetent for years.

Now with the six again calls etc, forget it, the referee is the most influential factor in the outcome of any game by a factor of 10. Teams that they think should win, do win always, regardless of what the players do.

Last edited:

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they’re going to hand out sin bins like lollies, bring back the 5min bin. Maybe even bring the player back after a try is scored, ala ice hockey

shoulder charges, punctured lungs etc can be 10min bins, fine.

And guaranteed, the dogs will cop a high shot and it’ll be play on. The rule change will only get wiped once Robbo has another cry
Yes! People in NRL need to look at NHL rules for sure, put in a 5 minutes for fighting rule while we are at it to put a stop to the little grubs acts that the refs turn a blind eye to. If the refs want to start sending everyone they should send players for running in just to push and shirt grab, it's the dumbest shit.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They might want to tell the clubs soon if they are contemplating changing the rules. The rules have a massive impact on recruiting.. imagine signing a big bopper to a long term or expensive deal before this touch football shit came in..
What about the opposite if they reverse the rule.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if the betting agencies don't like it as the favourites are mostly winning they may change it.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 again should be optional... if the ref calls six again you have the option to take a normal penalty.

The decision must be made straight away by pegging the ball as hard as you can at the ref to let him know you want to stop play and take the penalty.