• Yes

Votes: 68 62.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 37.6%

• Total voters

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We probably have the spine to make the 8 but not much more, a lot will depend on the coaching and how the team gell.
Due to our obvious weekness in our spine, we will neen our forwards to do much more and better ball playing than in the last few years.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we will be close .. I'm still unsure on our halves, I know we have Burton coming but I still feel he is young and needs time to develop his game, and he needs a solid partner in the halves which we don't really have atm.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'm gonna need about 13 months to think about this question.

Seriously though, I don't think we will however it's not out of the realms of possibility considering how many shit teams there are.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes we will.!!!!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
For me the team is good enough will come down to our defence on the edges. All teams below about 5th have rubish defence. Bit worried about how tpj, schoup and Jac will go on the left and RFM, avo/flano, Naden and cotric on the right will go in defence. If we can tighten up our defence and not get peeled for numbers will make the 8 for sure.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As it stands right now, I’ll unfortunately say NO.

My reason for this decision is purely based on our spine.

a pack consisting of Vaughan, Thompson, TPJ, Jackson then Hetherington, RFM, Ava, Topine and possibly BBO as a 14 is decent enough.

a backline with the likes of JAC, Cotric, Naden, Allan is pretty solid also. Then there’s the potential Alamoti who we hope will be our next best thing. Also Schoupp is coming along adequately enough. Hoping Okunbor really gets trained on reading defense and making better decisions in attack as he has size, strength and speed.

our spine though is a real worry….

Burton currently is our only quality player out of 4 key positions. Not good enough for finals.

- Averillo still has plenty to prove for mine as a general with a crafty kicking game. He may be a centre or FB, I don’t know…
- Flanagan is a wipe
- Wakeham I hope is punted ASAP
- JMK should not be a starting 9 if we want to be top 8.
- Dufty, I’m sorry, he will be a let down and thankfully only signed for 1 year. He looks good in attack against lesser teams, but doesn’t stand up in the big games. He can’t defend and he can’t defuse a bomb under pressure. At least he’s on less than DWZ, that’s the only plus.
- BBO is a class act and can be anything, but to run a team I think will take him some time.

Im hoping JAC can surprise as a real class FB, but then that’s weakening the wing where he is close to if not the best winger in the world.

I know I sound negative, I’m not. I’m very pleased with how we’ve strengthened our pack and backline. Definitely the right direction. I just don’t think we are strong enough in the key positions of spine.
I think you’re read it pretty well, I agree

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I voted "YES" because;

There are 2 teams in the 8 currently who have lost 25% more games (10) than they have won (8).

Of course they have had more points scored against them (-40 and -46) than they have themselves scored.

That those 2 teams (St George and Cronulla) are teams that we have beaten this year.

The team running 9th, due to an even worse for and against record (-72), has the same negative win (8) loss (10) ratio.

If this year is anything to judge by, I think many are over estimating what is required to make the 8 next year.

Many on TK suffer from a "grass is always greener" view. We watch our games closely and wince at all of the mistakes and then watch the highlights of the other games and think "how good is this guy", but you don't see his mistake because they aren't shown in the highlights. Quite often in the NRL as with many things in life, the grass is not always greener (in the other teams).

Always a Bulldog

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes,I would like to see BBO get a full preseason under his belt at 9. Descent service from dummy half behind a forward pack with a bit more starch and speed to burn out back,we are a good show for the 8.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If key players remain injury free 100 percent we make the 8 and if I can get tickets to the semis next yr now I would

hoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes we will i say we will be in the top 5 followed dogs since 1966 and when ever we go on a good recruitment drive we fire that year and beyond good juniors coming through means we are on the up