Will the dirty scummy grub burgess get cited for the 2 elbows he throws on Aiden Tolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL have pretty much just said that it is ok to do very dangerous stuff towards bulldogs players. Well NRL I don't know if you get the memo but bulldogs players are footy players who can suffer career ending injuries as well.
None of it was dangerous, against the rules of the game and things others have been ban for, but the worst career effecting injury anyone could get from what they did would be minor bruising.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
None of it was dangerous, against the rules of the game and things others have been ban for, but the worst career effecting injury anyone could get from what they did would be minor bruising.
Sam Burgess shoulder charge was against the rules of the game when he hit Eastwood, watch NRL360. Tonight they broke it down and explained it to the letter of the law claiming it to be an illegal tackle and a shoulder charge as is the definition.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sam Burgess shoulder charge was against the rules of the game when he hit Eastwood, watch NRL360. Tonight they broke it down and explained it to the letter of the law claiming it to be an illegal tackle and a shoulder charge as is the definition.
For sure it was a shoulder charge, he turned his shoulder in and made no attempt at using his arms, I wasn't disagreeing with that, I was just saying it wasn't actually dangerous. He should have copped a ban just like most others do under that rule.

As I understood it, a shoulder charge was simply leading with the shoulder and not using your arms in a tackle.........

Not sure what else the judiciary thought was happening here.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For sure it was a shoulder charge, he turned his shoulder in and made no attempt at using his arms, I wasn't disagreeing with that, I was just saying it wasn't actually dangerous. He should have copped a ban just like most others do under that rule.

As I understood it, a shoulder charge was simply leading with the shoulder and not using your arms in a tackle.........

Yes, I can see quite clearly here that it was all the fault of Greg Eastwood. How dare he run towards an opponent, pass the ball and continue his momentum.

As soon as I had the chance to watch the incident again I said that Bargeass would use the defence that he was BRACING himself for impact. Look at the angle Eastwood is running and tell me that Burgess did not deliberately drop the shoulder and lean into him. I can see no effort whatsoever to make a tackle. Yep, under the letter of the law ( the new and improved one I should say) a typical shoulder charge. Does not matter one little bit the force of the contact unless they want to write that into the rule as well. Oh well, just shows once again the impotence of the judiciary and the fact that neither them nor the MRC are even ion the same page. I just wish that there was consistency across the board and I shall be watching with interest the next time a player is under scrutiny for this type of contact to see just how it is viewed.

Not sure what else the judiciary thought was happening here.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate an elbow to the face is dangerous. Ecspecially from a guy like g Burgess. If he had hit Tolman harder, he would have caused Tolman to have a broken jaw.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What did they say about the elbows towards Tolman?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Freddy says Tolman deserves what he got. They all say it wasn't an elbow, what is Burgess to do when Tolman has him around the neck and head. Just trying to get out, nothing in it
He never had him around the neck. Burgess clearly held him down and elbowed him. Seriously what a fuckwit.

Status
Not open for further replies.