• Yes

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.3%

• Total voters

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beat them last game at BarkWest and we will do it again.

It's a Yes from me
We need to play a similar style to that game. That was a low scoring encounter and very physical. The dogs were brilliant defensively and kept building pressure in attack. Dwz was brilliant in the first half.

If the dwz fires and the forwards have confidence then I say we have a chance. If we start on the back foot then we will be in trouble. I predict reimis to score two tries

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to play a similar style to that game. That was a low scoring encounter and very physical. The dogs were brilliant defensively and kept building pressure in attack. Dwz was brilliant in the first half.

If the dwz fires and the forwards have confidence then I say we have a chance. If we start on the back foot then we will be in trouble. I predict reimis to score two tries
I dare say it will be a grinding affair based on what our guys have showed in the trials, which mirrored what they were doing at the end of last year, and they know how to win those ones.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Our biggest advantage is that Parra have no idea what's coming and can only concentrate on their own game. They will know to expect stern defence and heart as per our trade mark but that's it. We have the opportunity for an ambush.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If they play with the same determination and toughness as they did at the end of last season I say yes.
I like the culture Pay has helped to build, the team this year is better than last year in my opinion.
The younger guys have more experience and we've had more time together as a team.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder what the bench will look like.
JMK and Meaney playing I hope.
Fantastic that Wakeham gets first shot, hope everyone has patience with him. The talent is clearly there from what we've seen but we shouldn't criticise him if he takes a while to perform.
With Wakeham in at halfback I feel like we should have a strong bench. I like Stimson, Britt, To'omaga and Katoa. I really like Ogden but I'm leaning a little bit towards Stimson for this game because I think we should go ball playing 2nd row as opposed to prop on the bench when playing this Eels team. The Eels lineup looks like a strong attacking team.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've just had a look at the predicted lineup for parramatta and I'm not as confident, they're team on paper looks pretty impressive

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the last 2 years are anything to go by then no we won't.. but as long the boys give it their all, can't ask much more than that..

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We are too predictable in attack - they would have had enough time to study us and will threaten our line much more than we will theirs. So its a win for them, but I hope badly I am very wrong!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As long as we turn up and give it our all we have a chance. Nothing wrong with being delusional in that sense but we shouldn't think we're the favourites every game - the bad type of delusion. Manly were tipped to have a horrible season last year and they did quite well for themselves. No reason to stop believing altogether but people need to set realistic expectations.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've just had a look at the predicted lineup for parramatta and I'm not as confident, they're team on paper looks pretty impressive
Wouldn't even know they cheated the cap recently would you... Amazing what happens when the NRL want you to succeed

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. I was lucky enough to be in the sheds after our last game last year when we tore the Broncs a new ***hole. While ecstatic about the way we finished the year I sensed a steely resolve among the playing group that Pay picked up on. "We know who we are. We know what we're capable of. We know whats expected of us" We've set a benchmark now. The players have seen the fruits of their resolve and are both self believing and hungry for success. "When you turn up for pre season training be ready to work hard". Let me say that the playing group is deeply honored to be given the right to open season 2020 at Bankwest Stadium - a stadium we have ONLY had success at. Our self belief and heart will see us start 2020 with a win.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wouldn't even know they cheated the cap recently would you... Amazing what happens when the NRL want you to succeed
The Eels have one of the most stacked rosters in the NRL. They haven't been too much of a titles threat in previous years so there players aren't on small contracts (something Roosters and Storm have been able to get away with). If I was to pick one team over the cap (I don't think anyone is) it'd be them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Eels have one of the most stacked rosters in the NRL. They haven't been too much of a titles threat in previous years so there players aren't on small contracts (something Roosters and Storm have been able to get away with). If I was to pick one team over the cap (I don't think anyone is) it'd be them.
Yep with Moses on what 900k apparently. What may break them is if Dylan Brown sucks them into 750k offer by entertaining the warriors again

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be very tough. Parramatta should be a top 4 team this year.

I have a feeling it will be a Parra vs Storm grand final. They'll try and script it for Smith.
I wouldn't put it past them to try and give Smith a fairytale finish. Heres hoping he breaks a leg before the end of the season and removes the motivation for them to write that script.

I'm reasonably confident that we'll win this match. Our rep players have started in good form and I think the end of last season taught the youngsters in the squad that we don't need to think scoring is needed on every set. Impatience was quite frequently their downfall last season and unforced errors really made it easy for may of our opponents.

I think the team will defend like it's a grand final and hopefully frustrate Parra into errors which leave us with many scoring opportunities and a lot of possession. Parra are traditionally a team that can yoyo from year to year and last year was pretty good for them, so I don't expect them to be great this year.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows what will happen but my heart says we will get rolled. Happy to be wrong as I'll be there.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: what the Fark am I reading........ true bulldogs supporters would never say parra could win it....... if I had a over cooked donor kebab it bitch slap you all who say it and thing dogs can’t win Thursday. You are the ones who should be banned from this page. Come on , fight me, platform 2 city end parramatta station Thursday 7pm!!!