will.i.am's response to Gordon Tallis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
The below article is in retaliation to Gordon Tallis' post in The Courier Mail. This article can be found here.

Gordon Tallis - “IF I were boss for a day..”

When I read his column this morning, I couldn’t stop but laugh at some of the things he had said about my beloved club the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in ‘The Courier Mail’.

Gordie starts off saying that “Canterbury is the "family club", they've turned a lot of things around off the field, and they're a popular club” and the follows up with this statement “West Sydney is a key battleground for the game, but it’s well covered with the Tigers, Parramatta and Penrith, so the Dogs could be the team to go elsewhere”. What a ridiculous statement to make considering the Bulldogs have been one of the most successful clubs over the last 30 years with a proud history.

Where has this man been over the last few years? Has he not seen the club identity change we undertook (from ‘Bulldogs’ to ‘Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs’? Has he not witnessed our record home crowd averages? Or our membership numbers? Or even our increase in merchandiser sales? I guess not as he assumes that re-locating the Canterbury-Bankstown team called the Bulldogs would work because we have “played a number of games across the Tasman recently”.

So let’s stop for a minute and look at some stats released by the club on the 24th March 2011 on figures up to the end of the 2010 financial year...

For more of this article, you can find it here.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
herb garden of gold coast Posted at 5:43 PM May 10, 2011
gorden you are 100%right. blind freddy can see that some sydney teams must relocate and your suggestions make sence. throwing more money at these clubs will not increase crowd numbers and they will simply just continue to buy established players from other clubs. move them to more deserving areas.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
herb garden of gold coast Posted at 5:43 PM May 10, 2011
gorden you are 100%right. blind freddy can see that some sydney teams must relocate and your suggestions make sence. throwing more money at these clubs will not increase crowd numbers and they will simply just continue to buy established players from other clubs. move them to more deserving areas.

Herb Garden of the Gold Coast?...More like the Hinterland, Deliverance Country.

I'll bet your not growing herbs or tomato plants. Whatever it is, your smoking too much of it!
Your favourite plant is called Gordie!!, the one with the most dope in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.