Will a Lewis-Foran combo work next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you see Lewis performing with a (Fit) Foran next year? Who would be the dominant half?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most have given up on Foz and fair enough, but I have hope he has one last good stint in him.. with Lachy there he doesn't have to continuously put his body on the line and he can mix his game up.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis is making Frawley look half decent. Imagine what Foran could be like with a kid like Lewis doing most of the dirty work.

Foran actually didn't go too bad early in the year. Problem was he was doing it all alone.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game is 90% mental at this high level, which is why the very best players play consistently at close to their optimum level (Smith, Cronk, Thurstan (before getting too old)) and why players capable of that same level of greatness can only pull it off every now and then. I reckon Foran is just shot mentally. Guy has no confidence. He doesn't want the ball. Fifth tackle Lewis wants it, demands it almost. When he puts up a bumb attacking players are watching and waiting to pounce on it. Sad to see his decline, but if he and Lewis are to make a decent pairing he'll be backseat bitch to a guy many years his junior. I think he's just looking at his watch and waiting for retirement to be honest. Hope he can prove me wrong though

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game is 90% mental at this high level, which is why the very best players play consistently at close to their optimum level (Smith, Cronk, Thurstan (before getting too old)) and why players capable of that same level of greatness can only pull it off every now and then. I reckon Foran is just shot mentally. Guy has no confidence. He doesn't want the ball. Fifth tackle Lewis wants it, demands it almost. When he puts up a bumb attacking players are watching and waiting to pounce on it. Sad to see his decline, but if he and Lewis are to make a decent pairing he'll be backseat bitch to a guy many years his junior. I think he's just looking at his watch and waiting for retirement to be honest. Hope he can prove me wrong though
Well foran is wearing our colors we should support him and keep this positive cause a fully fit foran can and will win us a comp

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran is finished.

Wont be able to bend down to polish Lewis' boots let alone run onto the field.

Really looking forward to Kimmorley working with Lewis next season

Cant wait to see the back of the most overpaid signing in the history of our club gone.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is finished.

Wont be able to bend down to polish Lewis' boots let alone run onto the field.

Really looking forward to Kimmorley working with Lewis next season

Cant wait to see the back of the most overpaid signing in the history of our club gone.

Well mate you better go and tell him he is finished
Let me know what he says...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis is making Frawley look half decent. Imagine what Foran could be like with a kid like Lewis doing most of the dirty work.

Foran actually didn't go too bad early in the year. Problem was he was doing it all alone.
This.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think both will cause all sorts of trouble for teams. They both play similar game styles, taking the ball deep into the line and trying to create overlaps before offloading.

Imagine two Lewis's on field. Both sides of the field will be copping it as they go deep into the line.

Whoever the fullback next season is, they better put on their running shoes because there will be heaps of sniffing around for offloads to be done.

What I find interesting is whenever something positive about Foran is mentioned, there is about 3-5 users who always arrive (duplicate accounts), and comment bagging Foran out (it's really obvious too). I just don't understand why they bother.. but surely have something personal against the bloke.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In an ideal world, that would be definite yes. Really depends if Foran's body is up to it. Would love it, Lewis alongside Foran would take him to next level and in the process give us plenty to cheer for.

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
Qhen he puts up that bumb I reckon big robbo would be first man in.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Problem was Foz was a target and everyone knew it. At least with Lewis as Foran's partner in crime the opposition will not be able to target Foran alone.

Last edited:

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Forans body is done and dusted. Lewis is great and will only get better. Reminds me of Anasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.