Why We Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
we lost because mbye hasnt done a single thing all season,logic would say drop him to park footy

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's true we did plenty to lose that game all on our own, in the end we got screwed by incompetent refs, but they will always be rubbish at their jobs and our players need to do more to keep games out of their idiotic hands.

To me, playing Lee and Holland side by side looks to be pretty terrible. Holland isn't bad, he just isn't very special either..... teamed up with Lee, Lee has a unquestionable spark, he will do a thing or two per game that might turn things around, but he is also in my view has one of the dumbest football brains playing in the NRL, so no doubt he's going to mess up too. Him and Montoya paired look better in attack and defence than Him and Holland. Not sure if its Montoya's athleticism, or something else, but those two paired look good, Lee and Holland paired look like........ the side every NRL team should direct their attack at? Combined they suck.

I get that leaves us short a conversion kicker, and you could also argue that Holland now has 3 tries in the last 2 games, but I'd still drop him to run Lee/Montoya again in the next round. If not that, then we have to try Montoya/Holland, because Lee/Holland is NRL worst pairing kind of material. I wouldn't want to see Lee dropped, because as low a football IQ as he may have, he would be one of our better spark players too. His bad choices where less evident along side Montoya, and given they where our most dangerous looking edge in attack in previous rounds, a team that can't kick conversions has to be better than a team that can't score tries? (still harsh given Hollands record over two rounds I know, but given that, I still see Lee/Montoya as a better option).

Get Mbye to do nothing but conversion kicking practice with El Masri as his teacher at training, he isn't doing much else out there, even next season we'll be paying him a bit much too much to have the job of picking up the ball and passing it to someone else quickly, and not at their feet if he moves to #9....... him passing to the chest from the ruck, and being able to kick would be a big step up for us.

Someone slap Lichaa in the back of the head, early this game he ran a few times and it worked, like every other times he's done it. He put the Roosters on the back foot every time, then he stopped doing it? What can you say about a guy that has the key strength of being a ball runner, and has managed to run the ball the least out of all member of the team thus far in the season, even allowing for players with only a few games to their name. I don't care what he does in the next few weeks or months, he can't stay at the Bulldogs, he's been there for years and didn't come through, but if he wants to find another job somewhere else in the NRL, it might be a fucking obvious plan to run the ball, your good at it stupid, but even in this game you did it less than any other starter, Mbye made 12 runs, double what you did, and Mbye is famous for doing nothing out there, you might have just passed Abbey, and he still only played 4 games. Can't blame Des for it like thats what the coach is saying should happen........ Des isn't subbing at #9 for nothing. Eastwood played for a contract last season and that worked, do that, right now Lichaa is playing to be a brickies labourer next year.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still, if we really want to win, we're going to need to start paying the refs whatever the Roosters pay them. Right now Archer only admits 1 call was wrong....... it must cost way more to have them actually call the obvious calls when it matters and anyone cares during the game.

I believe ref payments are outside the salary cap, so we really need to get on to that. Our club has money but it really does look like we're lagging behind on payments to officials, we don't even have them calling a game down the line, so we must be way off the mark. Maybe if we pay officials a few million on the side, they will call games just evenly........ double that, and we might even win a penalty count.

We could sign the entire Australian team and I bet we'd still lose if they pulled on Bulldogs jerseys and we didn't pay the refs enough to do their job properly.......... and Archer would say in retrospect there might have been a mistake out there.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You mean Brenko the only guy that seems to spark something from nothing. He has a good pass and offload. He is doing way more than J moz in centres.
Yes the same knob who comes in on the wrong defender leaving Mitchell to come in to keary. The same knob who comes up past the ball in the defense leaving massive holes. Go look at all the tries in the 1st half and see how many that prick let in by stupid reads. Go look at the try from the grubber where keary has 3 guys in front of him and lee still comes in . Oh but he has some attacking ability . Yeah he a blinder for the roosters.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes the same knob who comes in on the wrong defender leaving Mitchell to come in to keary. The same knob who comes up past the ball in the defense leaving massive holes. Go look at all the tries in the 1st half and see how many that prick let in by stupid reads. Go look at the try from the grubber where keary has 3 guys in front of him and lee still comes in . Oh but he has some attacking ability . Yeah he a blinder for the roosters.
Both centres did it yesterday. Not sure why 'cause it never worked. If it wasn't for an amazing try save by Elliot, J Moz rushing would have cost us more points.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Both centres did it yesterday. Not sure why 'cause it never worked. If it wasn't for an amazing try save by Elliot, J Moz rushing would have cost us more points.
Really. The 1st half when they score to almost 3 in 5min was lee. The whole 1st half was right side. Frawley and lee have no idea. We were lucky the roosters switched off. We were shit . Our pack is weak. Our attack suffers.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I read a stat that between minutes 10 and 20 we concede the most points and Roosters score their most on avg in that period

On cue they won the game in that time block

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe Frawley gets a pass from the majority of you. Mismanaged my arse his first half was disgusting in defence and attack. Pearce running it out of the in goal and Frawley watching his own kick being returned summed up his effort.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe Frawley gets a pass from the majority of you. Mismanaged my arse his first half was disgusting in defence and attack. Pearce running it out of the in goal and Frawley watching his own kick being returned summed up his effort.

3 big games on debut means nothing aye?
1 game out of position where he wasnt allowed to kick nor control the game
and the last game where the entire team was shit and our forwards got owned big time.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost because we only played 20mins of football, the fact that we where so close at full time indicates that if we play for eighty we win by healthy margin,say what you like but that is an attitude problem and attitude starts at the top.We have only one player who looks like he gives a fuck and thats jackson nothing wrong whith his fucking attitude,he was the only reason the rest of the team lifted yesterday.
Garvey and Elliot where good when they came on,I would like to see elliot get more game time and to learn his trade from jackson he has got talent.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or when he threw a hospital pass to no one that went 30m back then kicked the ball next tackle that went 20m

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lost because we only played 20mins of football, the fact that we where so close at full time indicates that if we play for eighty we win by healthy margin,say what you like but that is an attitude problem and attitude starts at the top.We have only one player who looks like he gives a fuck and thats jackson nothing wrong whith his fucking attitude,he was the only reason the rest of the team lifted yesterday.
Garvey and Elliot where good when they came on,I would like to see elliot get more game time and to learn his trade from jackson he has got talent.
Elliott still good for two crucial errors per game unfortunately

The Friend try failed to clean pass up from Latrell

The drop ball late in game

N

Natboy

Ok, I know, there's a million post loss threads. But this is the thread that focuses on the real reasons we lost. Let's discuss what went wrong. Why did our multi-million dollar team fail?

This is an entirely opinionated thread but let's focus on the reasons we lost, not the usual "Sack Des, we're rubbish, Reynolds ruined the team even though he's not playing"

So to start us off, here's the reasons for the loss as I see them:

1) The Morris bros were off their game. Sure one scored a try and there was a good step in there, but many missed tackles and errors cost us metres

2) We had no attack in the first half. None at all. We provided a strong, Dogs of War defense but provided little near the line and gave away way too many 7 tackle sets through poor kicks. Which brings us to the next part...

3) Last tackle on the line we gave it to the back line. It's the last tackle. It's our time to shine or our time to at least get a repeat set. We have two options. The halves either kick or they choose to run on the last in which case they pass it to the back line. We took option F (F is for Fail if no one figured that out). We pass it to the centres and the wingers who then kick the ball because... Why do we have halves?

4) Speaking of halves, once again Frawley was playing a loose 5/8 role while Mbye was directing the play as halfback and 5/8. Have to say that Mbye looked better than usual tonight but he looked better than usual when he played a little 5/8. When he played halfback he looked uncomfortable and our natural halfback was sitting at second receiver doing nothing

5) The refs. When Rooster play at the ball and the MAIN ref says it's 6 again and Morris takes the tackle, the POCKET ref over rules the main ref and we lose 6 tackles right on the try line which results in the Roosters scoring down the other end. I put "Main" and "Pocket" in capitals 'cause this is the first time in the history of the two-ref system that the pocket ref has overruled the main ref

6) Our first 40 minutes was rubbish. Seriously. Can't we play 80 minutes of football?

7) We had more errors

And to lighten the mood, here's a few plus sides:

1) Craig Garvey. Fired at 100 miles an hour and put us on the front foot. Great midget hooker

2) Turns out the short dropout is good. All the commentators were raving about it and most of the Roosters points were scored against long range broken defense

3) Hoppa was solid. Now that he's our permanent fullback, I ain't complaining

4) We weren't completely crap.

When everything else is said and done, we lost because we had more errors than the opposition. Pure and simple. There were many little things but we dropped the ball too many times and it cost us.
You could've saved yourself half an hour and just put the last 17 words in mate. That's is why we lost. We dropped the ball at crucial times

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i see elliots mistakes, but he will improve i have been watching some of our other forwards making similar or worse fuck ups for the last two years with no sighn of improvement at all,in fact they are getting fucking worse

N

Natboy

I thought Elliot was our best player.
He had a massive involvement yesterday. More involvement = more chance of errors. Simples

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You could've saved yourself half an hour and just put the last 17 words in mate. That's is why we lost. We dropped the ball at crucial times
That was about 2 minutes of typing in total. I know. I'm a freak.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
You could have saved some fingers and toes and just referenced the last sentence [emoji23] [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.