Why We Lost is Simple

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least Baz has shown he's willing to make big changes. I don't reckon Wakeham was any better than Avo though, and we still leaked points on our right edge, but at least Burns and Schoupp play with intent.

I just hope he sees that the backline composition needs to change. Jac, Schoupp, Burns, Naden in that order ffs! Naden is much better as a finisher. He's no good as a setup man.

Also, I don't know if Ava was injured, but we missed his big tractor-like runs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A good hooker and we win tonight comfortably. Passes are rubbish especially when in the opposition red zone. Defence was awesome compared to last year and has been solid this year so far. I still think we’ll see our best footy in the second half of the year.
Reminds me of the Pay days, decent defence, fuck all attack.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burtons Goal kicking proved the difference in the end, they where relatively easy kicks for a first grade goal kicker, + we had them on the ropes in the first half at 8 - 6 and they went for a goal making 10 - 6 which gave Manly an opportunity to hit the front with a converted try which is exactly what happened + Josh Jackson is playing like Aiden Tolman wasting tackle after tackle with no meter gains
True. Almost cost us last week too, but we still needed a try etc to make the difference vs Brisbane. Burton overall had a poor game tonight. So many errors and didn't trouble their backs as I expected/hoped, with his boot. I actually think the wet stuffed him up, like on the kick out on the full, he didn't get a clean grab on the ball at first.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Played better last week, too vulnerable to the mishandled fiasco that should never of been gone along with.
Could be a factor.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost because Burton has to much pressure on him and he isn’t handling it. Naden isn’t passing to his outside man in jac and wasting so much opportunity.
Jac isn’t backing him self and I think having more work load in this team has affected his attack with the inclusion of fuck all good ball.
Jmk isn’t the type of Hooker we need. A team with a great 7-6 can get away with a hooker like him but not having a 9 who can attack is killing us.
Jackson stifles all attack Aka Tolman.

At the end of the day manly with all the superstars scored one extra point. I understand that but our attack at times looks so disorganised it was embarrassing. We have no set plays what so ever and so many attacking kicks went to no man’s land with no one even expecting it. Goodluck to us against storm and panthers.

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been patient with baz and have backed him all the way untill today.
has no clue with bench rotation, nado needs to go to wing or fuck right off completely starving fox of the ball. seems fox is also carrying an injuring. shit service to our forwards who have to stop and go before receiving the ball.

Burtons kicks were way off tonight, may be the rain but unacceptable really

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Pay days, decent defence, fuck all attack.
Yeah I know it seems that way bro the old avg 2 tries max per game but I’m still expecting a bit more from them as the season goes on. At the moment they still look unsettled. Loses like today just piss you off cause they defended so well for the most part.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost because Burton. It’s that simple. He was a solid shit tonight.
He was off tonight bro but his bombs still caused Saab plenty of problems and from memory we got field position out of it a few times.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only 3 forwards ran over 100m. Vaughan, JJ and Wads.

In those conditions we needed the forwards to dominate and they sucked overall. Not enough output from King, Patolo and TPJ. Naden was also down on hitups. It obviously didn't help losing Hethro.

Only positive Imtale from that game is our defence. At least we've been competitive and in with a chance in all matches so far. I actually believe the wet is bad for us now, because we need dry conditions for our agile backs to shine.
I'm not really making excuses. But the referee made sure we had fuck all ball tonight. We started out looking like we owned the sheagles so the ref stepped up and handed them loads of get out of jail free cards. Our penalties all came on the first/second tackle in the first ten or fifteen minutes, after that we couldn't buy one. When we did get the ball, a lot of it was our backs bringing it out of our own end. You'd still hope that our forwards all stepped up, but in my opinion they did with defence on our line. Until the ref had given about 17 repeat sets we were still looking a bit dangerous. Unfortunately defending that much will really fuck with most teams.

In my opinion we probably lost it when Wakeham tried a chip over the top on the 1st or zero tackle about 10-20m out from their line. You just can't make stupid mistakes like that in a tight game. Aside from that the 4 points we lacked from missed goals hurt badly.

So I'm not going to judge the forwards harshly for not all making a lot of metres. I'd say that the backline made a hell of a lot tonight. Overall I'm proud of the effort tonight. The result sucked, but I think we're going to see some quality football from this team once the boys know what to expect from the players beside them.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent Barret is a fucking fraud. That's why we lost and will continue to have a losing culture for as long as this prick is our coach. He's a loser, plain and simple.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least Baz has shown he's willing to make big changes. I don't reckon Wakeham was any better than Avo though, and we still leaked points on our right edge, but at least Burns and Schoupp play with intent.

I just hope he sees that the backline composition needs to change. Jac, Schoupp, Burns, Naden in that order ffs! Naden is much better as a finisher. He's no good as a setup man.

Also, I don't know if Ava was injured, but we missed his big tractor-like runs.
Is he though? I think Gould would be having a BIG influence on team selections, if not picking the side outright.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is he though? I think Gould would be having a BIG influence on team selections, if not picking the side outright.
Gus has almost nothing to do with coaching the team, he has a full time job running the club.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost because Burton missed 2 conversions.

It was a heavy, wet track and we didn't play to the conditions.

But let's be real, we lost by 1 point to a 2021 top 4 team that beat us by 60 points last year that have had continuity in their team.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost because two points 1 is 2 missed goal kicks and the 2 is inexperience seriously ppl think we going to play like Melbourne and penrith over night yeah we lost but only by 1 point we should really of won the last two games people need to be patient its at least a big improvment than last year .