Why the Canterbury Bulldogs are giving NRL memberships to refugee families

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
the thing is when I go the games and there is never an issue , the bulldogs fans are always well behaved and passionate and I can't see how we've earnt such a bad reputation..
I agree, our fans by and large are no worse than any other in the NRL
unfortunately our club sells newspaper so our club or anything negative surrounding our club gets more media attention than other clubs, so public opinion begin to think our fans are worse than others,

It's just an illusion,

Except for the fact a few years back our supporter base did have a few to many hectic young men of let's say middle eastern appearance, BUT NOT ALL.......NO.NO....NOT ALL, that were ripping apart trains and causing fights. We are forever branded now,

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree, our fans by and large are no worse than any other in the NRL
unfortunately our club sells newspaper so our club or anything negative surrounding our club gets more media attention than other clubs, so public opinion begin to think our fans are worse than others,

It's just an illusion,

Except for the fact a few years back our supporter base did have a few to many hectic young men of let's say middle eastern appearance, BUT NOT ALL.......NO.NO....NOT ALL, that were ripping apart trains and causing fights. We are forever branded now,
I agree with this. Despite the fact that i don't agree with our club focusing on these issues instead of actually focusing on on-field personnel and actually winning football games, the media is to blame for most of our bad reputation.

Anyone ever been to Newcastle games? The fans up there disgust me, they make the wannabe hecktic losers at our games look like puppies. How about the typical Souffs fan or the rednecks up north in Brisbane? They only get away with everything because the media up there covers it all up.

Every single club and i mean every single club has its troublemakers and absolute f*ckwits. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule, a club's reputation is just dependent on what the media focuses on. It's "Terror in the Stands" if a Bulldogs fan so much as swears at the opposition and absolutely nothing if a Broncos fan rips into the opposition via thrown objects or racial abuse.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably not but it's self inflicted due to some of our fans being complete morons.
I am embarrassed to be associated with a lot of our "fans"
It would've been a much different club in 1935 and even now I guess if M/E migrants didn't take over the Canterbury-Bankstown area
For example imagine if the middle eastern people all moved to Cabramatta instead and vice versa haha
You saying the only trouble makers that make you ashamed are middle eastern men?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I agree with this. Despite the fact that i don't agree with our club focusing on these issues instead of actually focusing on on-field personnel and actually winning football games, the media is to blame for most of our bad reputation.

Anyone ever been to Newcastle games? The fans up there disgust me, they make the wannabe hecktic losers at our games look like puppies. How about the typical Souffs fan or the rednecks up north in Brisbane? They only get away with everything because the media up there covers it all up.

Every single club and i mean every single club has its troublemakers and absolute f*ckwits. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule, a club's reputation is just dependent on what the media focuses on. It's "Terror in the Stands" if a Bulldogs fan so much as swears at the opposition and absolutely nothing if a Broncos fan rips into the opposition via thrown objects or racial abuse.
Easily the most racist supporters in the league and after my experience up there in the 09 season I refuse to return.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Newcastle fans do suck the most in the NRL. Souths are the most intimidating. Once when at ANZ for the good friday clash years ago, i was chatting on the phone and wasnt paying attention, and walked into the entrance for the souths supporters. I walked up the stairs and turned around and there was like 10,000 souths only supporters there, and a lot of them staring at me like i was lunch. Scary for a few moments there.

Brisbane fans arent bad at all. Ive been to a few broncos vs dogs matches there since i live on gold coast, and they are pretty normal. You should see how quiet they go when behind. If you closed your eyes it would sound like there was 2,000 people (all dogs fans) there not 30,000 + broncos fans

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Newcastle fans do suck the most in the NRL. Souths are the most intimidating. Once when at ANZ for the good friday clash years ago, i was chatting on the phone and wasnt paying attention, and walked into the entrance for the souths supporters. I walked up the stairs and turned around and there was like 10,000 souths only supporters there, and a lot of them staring at me like i was lunch. Scary for a few moments there.

Brisbane fans arent bad at all. Ive been to a few broncos vs dogs matches there since i live on gold coast, and they are pretty normal. You should see how quiet they go when behind. If you closed your eyes it would sound like there was 2,000 people (all dogs fans) there not 30,000 + broncos fans

have you caught a train full of broncos jersey, to inner brisbane suburbs after the game?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It was probably the off pension week so they probably did think you were lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.