Opinion Why o why? Do we look no different in attack

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Biggest disappointment is the lack of creativity in attack, we look disjointed, just looked like last year.
BBO didn’t even look very good, maybe it’s the pressure

We got Gus and Hansen plus all the recruits I was expecting something different, who cares if we lose the trial but even something as basic as last tackle options as Trent said didn’t look any better.

I hate to be a negative critic but I think all dogs supporters are a little disappointed

Oh well it’s only the first trial of the year I guess we can say!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s only the trials don’t look into it to much.
Missing players, rotating players, it’s all just to get them used to the game again.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I am hoping it’s because everything runs through Burton but then again that could be too simplistic of a reason

Whether they had to play within a structure and or role, our starting halves were terrible…end of sets kicks, general marshalling of the troops , passing ….all amateur hour.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perhaps because the main play marker, who has been training every session for the last 3 months as the main play maker didn't play.

Always a Bulldog
That’s a good point but I mean the halves that we’re playing have played enough football together and we had the whole offseason

Who will be surprised if Burtons inclusion doesn’t improve us much?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I am hoping it’s because everything runs through Burton but then again that could be too simplistic of a reason

Whether they had to play within a structure and or role, our starting halves were terrible…end of sets kicks, general marshalling of the troops , passing ….all amateur hour.
Exactly

Seriously thought that Gus and the other inclusions would make the world of difference

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly

Seriously thought that Gus and the other inclusions would make the world of difference
Gus would have very little to do with the coaching of the team. Head coach is a 6 day a week job, Gus isn’t doing video, fitness, gym, drills etc with the team he’s got a full time job himself, the only thing he would have a say in is the roster.

Last edited:

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Biggest disappointment is the lack of creativity in attack, we look disjointed, just looked like last year.

We got Gus and Hansen plus all the recruits I was expecting something different, who cares if we lose the trial but even something as basic as last tackle options as Trent said didn’t look any better.

I hate to be a negative critic but I think all dogs supporters are a little disappointed

Relax people, is trial, they play much better than, any game last year, in my opinion anyway

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus would have very little to do with the coaching of the team. Head coach is a 6 day a week job, Gus isn’t doing video, fitness, gym, drills etc with the team he’s got a full time job himself, the only thing he would have a say in is the roster.
Yeh but didn’t you think his guidance would instill confidence in coaches and players, I just thought it would be different

I’m not meaning to sound so dramatic as I know it’s a trial

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baz has only 3 weeks to fix a pretty big mess. Should have been fixed 2 months ago.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was chufffed the boys put in a good game. Great to come away with a draw and no injuries or suspensions.
Take away the 18 points Knockonbur gave away and we win that game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is burton really a play maker???? I think he’s more of a hole runner. We will find out soon.
If you get an opportunity go watch Panthers v Sharks last year (Panthers down on troops and he starts at 6)

He played like an elite 6 up against SJ….sharks got out early and Burton got them back almost singlehanded by creating opportunities for his outsides, big kicking game, short kicking game (grubber for a try assist) and scored two himself

Sharks won in GP but Burton was beat on field

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Twin the trouble is every team knows.....stop Burton you stop Canterbury. Baz said it in the post game interview.......you need more than 1 point of attack.
I think that comment was directed at dufty for the night.

Burton, dufty, naden, Jac and then pangai (kikau and Mahoney for 23) give us a a different attack.

I think overall we struggled for attack but I was fairly happy with the platform the props (king, vaughan, Ava in particular laid) I was disappointed with Thompson.

Pangai did start slow but I feel he just needs to be told to run Fucking hard and someone like hetho should be good for him to run around.

Rfm and Patolo etc help there with the balance of the pack.

Our 1/7 only dufty and Casey did anything great. Schoup was solid.

Alomiti warmed into it. Shows he did some very good runs towards the end of but still has no doubt got some development and nerves to work through (as you would expect).

Though Okonbor and the halves were flops.

I think Jac and naden help dramatically with dufty schooup and maybe Casey on a wing.

Then throw burton in to actually use these guys and the flow on this would have freeing up dufty or allowing more space or concern for our backs/packs hopefully helps the big guys. If someone sees Jac and naden lurking off burton with Pangai steaming about I’m sure it will be a lot better than wakeham and Okonbor etc.

Ditto with hetho over waddle.

I gotta say though as shit as Okonbor was at times he had some ok runs. I have to say how fucking shit was Stimson. Fucking fraud.