News Why it might take a decade for the Bulldogs to turn things around

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Guck me dead, im so fucking sick of the constant media beat up!!! Manly has much the same squad as last year, bar AFB, and with the addition of Foran, yet they escape all media scrutiny after 2 46 point floggings. No tea. Likes to be kept to zero, but 28 and 24 points against is better then 46 surely??
But theres no media beat up about manly woes, and haslers coaching. How about those cowboys? Its just constant rehashed shit about us.
Barrett will have us functioning well as a team by the end of the year. I have no doubts. And as our form improves, our roster will also. And come next year, his coaching methods will have well and truly sunk in, and we will be on the up and up.
In the meantime, give us a fucking break you fucking media scum!!!
100%. Hasler fucked manly, come here fucked us for a decade and is fucking manly up again yet no journalists is game enough to write that story.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just sign a quality hooker and prop and we're competitive next year, it isn't rocket science, lol. Retain (and promote) who we want and anything else is a bonus. We need to go through another roster cycle before even thinking about winning a premiership but after what we've gone through making the top 8 is the goal until then.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This article says we chased hard for Brandon Smith but I'm not so sure we actually did. This week Barrett denied it (said he didn't know Smith was off contract) and Smith's manager said he hasn't received any formal offers and so now it looks like Smith will stay at the Storm until the end of 2022. I'd really like to know if anyone at our club even reached out to Smith for 2022 and if we didn't that's f..king ridiculous unless Barrett is 100% certain we're getting Korisau and to do that he'd have to break contract. Can't see the Panthers letting him go early. Can't see the Sharks letting go of Brailey early either. I just don't understand why the club hasn't made it a priority and signed a decent hooker well before now. I hope we are looking at Daryl Clark but he's about 30 and Barrett wants young players so I'd be surprised if we signed him also.
Barrett and B. Smith's manager are lying on at least somethings. I'll believe Brandon's had second thoughts about leaving his contract early (even tho it's silly if he wants to play hooker) but there's no universe where our club, or any club for that matter, didn't contact his manager.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck off Webster... Imagine Cotric at centre for Panthers, Melbourne or roosters, give it time. As for Thompson get fucked again, he started slow but he come gold and got suspended so how can he prove his worth ATM.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This article says we chased hard for Brandon Smith but I'm not so sure we actually did. This week Barrett denied it (said he didn't know Smith was off contract) and Smith's manager said he hasn't received any formal offers and so now it looks like Smith will stay at the Storm until the end of 2022. I'd really like to know if anyone at our club even reached out to Smith for 2022 and if we didn't that's f..king ridiculous unless Barrett is 100% certain we're getting Korisau and to do that he'd have to break contract. Can't see the Panthers letting him go early. Can't see the Sharks letting go of Brailey early either. I just don't understand why the club hasn't made it a priority and signed a decent hooker well before now. I hope we are looking at Daryl Clark but he's about 30 and Barrett wants young players so I'd be surprised if we signed him also.
Out of curiosity when does Korisau's contract finish?

Update: Found it. It ends 2022.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's hatred. It's just business. Bulldogs stories are popular because we're one of the biggest clubs in the NRL...even when we're down.

Look how Bad Manly are going yet there are 10 times as many articles about us than there are about Manly. Hell even though the Panthers are flying there are still more articles about us than Penrith. The media love to hate us because people like to read about the Bulldogs.
I am hoping that the latest gossip is true...
I am hearing that the current NRL hierarchy truly believes that Canterbury's success goes a long way towards the games success...Let's hope so !!!
The question remains...Are the media continuing to knock us down or trying to psych us up ???

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Then there’s the handful of players in their top 30 who in days gone by wouldn’t have got a look at those lockers let alone hang their clothes in them."

Change the word handful to majority and you're spot on Webster
agreed... painfully

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said. The damage done by these 3 is almost unrestorable. Lets give BAZ some time. We need forwards and a hooker, this year or next year.
Absolutely let's give Baz some time. He still has a basket case on his hands. He will need two years before he gets his team and once the third and fourth year come around then we should judge his coaching. This article reiterates the dire situation we are facing this year but we are on the way up with player recruitment assisted by a healthy cheque book.

I won't be bagging Baz until he is given time to work with his dream team. Baz will clean out the lockers and bring back our history I am confident of that.

With the understanding of what Baz has to deal with in regards to player talent, let's get behind him and let him build the Bulldogs back up

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Other fans and the media have hated our multicultural diverse fanbase for years and in particular singled out the Lebanese fans.. But this is more to do with us being one of the biggest brands that gets clicks through how big our fanbase is and how much other fans hate us. So they generate as much Bulldogs content as possible whether it's accurate or not just to get clicks because we move the needle.

So when we're successful again, that will finally work for us and should bring more sponsorship and support etc. But right now, it's used against us to try and divide the club and keep us at the bottom.
Precisely what I have been trying to make everyone aware of...
The simple answer to those people is Loyalty, Unity and the Belief in Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs !!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole sorry saga sits squarely at the feet of three individuals.... Dib, Castle and Hasler.

You can roll it in glitter as much as you like, but what they did to my club was culpable. Their names should be removed from the history books of this once proud club.
You can add Todd Greenberg to that. It was Dib & Greenberg that came up with the wonderful idea to give Des full control of the salary cap & idiot, out of her depth Castle continued the ludicrous policy.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guck me dead, im so fucking sick of the constant media beat up!!! Manly has much the same squad as last year, bar AFB, and with the addition of Foran, yet they escape all media scrutiny after 2 46 point floggings. No tea. Likes to be kept to zero, but 28 and 24 points against is better then 46 surely??
But theres no media beat up about manly woes, and haslers coaching. How about those cowboys? Its just constant rehashed shit about us.
Barrett will have us functioning well as a team by the end of the year. I have no doubts. And as our form improves, our roster will also. And come next year, his coaching methods will have well and truly sunk in, and we will be on the up and up.
In the meantime, give us a fucking break you fucking media scum!!!
Apparently the NRL have changed the winner of the competition from last season to Penrith according to WWOS.

"While the last-placed Sea Eagles crashed to a fourth consecutive defeat to start the season, they only recorded two more errors than the reigning premiers, making 10 to the Panthers' eight."

The standard of journalism has never been so bad & biased.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off Webster... Imagine Cotric at centre for Panthers, Melbourne or roosters, give it time. As for Thompson get fucked again, he started slow but he come gold and got suspended so how can he prove his worth ATM.
The current people are trying to fix the mistakes of the past...
Cotric & Thompson are the product of Lynne's & Hill's show :fearscream: :D:worried:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's hatred. It's just business. Bulldogs stories are popular because we're one of the biggest clubs in the NRL...even when we're down.

Look how Bad Manly are going yet there are 10 times as many articles about us than there are about Manly. Hell even though the Panthers are flying there are still more articles about us than Penrith. The media love to hate us because people like to read about the Bulldogs.
Maybe but they haven't gotten any money out of me for many years. I stopped buying when that bitch Rebecca Wilson started her vendetta against us & she seems to have passed it on to her cohorts.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity when does Korisau's contract finish?

Update: Found it. It ends 2022.
Yep we'd have to wait until 2023 unless the Panthers let him go early (not happening). Can't wait that long. Our only hope is Deitz I think. Barrett needs to get him into full training / fit for first grade.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When half your article is filled with the same sorry metaphors that blight every other sports article you know their writers are just pinning tails on donkeys or flipping a dud coin to come up with eyeball candy. Fuck them. Did Webster ever play League, let alone asset foot in the Dog’s dressing room. Ignore!
He likes the bum sniffing, just not the contact.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a crock of shit.

Our salary cap mess is behind us. We just need to recruit smart and Barrett needs cut more deadwood.
We are still feeling the effects of it. This is the first years we've been able to use the full salary cap in years & because we are at our lowest ebb, we have to pay overs to get decent players in. Unfortunately, Des & Co. neglected junior development completely as well which just compounded the problems.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys dont take me the wrong way but do you think media attacks the dogs because we are in a multicultural area and the media take our areas as low economic, low success, crime riddled etc that the media dont give us a fair go?

I think it was blair from the daily telegraph who did a bad article about the people and communities living in lakemba etc
no

league heartland will always be in the lower socioeconomic, working class areas such as Bankstown, Parramatta, Penrith, Liverpool, Campbelltown etc. here in Sydney (and I would assume the same in places like Brisbane) and all these places have their own clubs... so any such agenda against us on the basis of us being working class would be an agenda against the majority of the league

there is a divide though and I have sat in enough board rooms with elitist North Shore and Eastern Suburbs people for whom league is beneath them (you would be stunned how many union and AFL fans there are around the harbour - embarrassing) and football/soccer too wog for them

as for the multicultural support for league, I know people from all sorts of backgrounds that support many of the big Sydney teams and in particular, the Eels, the Dragons, the Tigers and us... however, we seem particularly associated with the multicultural support and with support from Mediterranean and Middle East backgrounds... now, I do not think the club and fans are targeted because of it but there are presumptions and stereotypes propogated by the media and rivals as a result (eg. the "Terrorism in the stands" farce on the Footy Show)

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am hoping that the latest gossip is true...
I am hearing that the current NRL hierarchy truly believes that Canterbury's success goes a long way towards the games success...Let's hope so !!!
The question remains...Are the media continuing to knock us down or trying to psych us up ???
Then they need to tell their referees to start being fair with us. I don't want any special favours, just a fair go which we aren't getting & thus compounding the issue.