Why I hope we play Manly in the 1st week of the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Ben Hannant thinks that manly are the team to beat , I think mentally the week after will be a challenge

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
When you fall to Manly in week 1?
I think we can still beat you AGAIN cherry bomb , but as I said it will take it out of them mentally as well as physically . Werent you guys beaten by Parra this year ?

matt78

Waterboy
Reaction score
i dont want to play womanly... they were no way near the form that there in now when we beat them at brookie !!!

when was it the last time a team held the cowboys to one try at townsville ??? womanly also had 2 tries disallowed which were not as bad as ours against the tigers....

against them at brookie their halves were lost in attack... barba scored a lucky try because of the whare dude and that try off the post in 77th minute was lucky..the winning penalty that got us to 14 nil ???? ive seen worse not given

they have hit some form and ive been watching there games and their not even peaking yet ( worry for every team )

broncos were out classed the other night , where they gave us a running for 40 minutes..im not saying we cant beat them we have before and we have des and benny

but guys lets be realsitc they are a very good team and lets not forget they have big time finals experience..they havnt had a proper season with their board crap , suspensions ,injuries and origin duty..they lost to -pen,gc,parra ( lol ) 6 points and they would be at number 1
and lets be honest this season we have had a fair share of the rub of the green.
if melbourne win and we lose that wont be good either for our team going into the finals thinking we had the minor premiership wrapped up and now it could be gone.... this is a big game for us for alot of reasons and lets not shut out of the storm just yet either..

this is all just my view....

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good first post, I don't want to play them at all, just couldn't face the prospect of loosing to them in any game, would give them bragging rights for the next 10 years

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be an unreal spectacle of rugby league if we face Manly in week one of the finals, which as a fan of rugby league, I would love nothing more. As a Bulldogs fan, obviously it wouldn't be the most ideal start but as a stubborn Bulldogs fan - who cares who we play! We play the best, we beat the best, we are the best. If we beat Manly week one, week off to recover, beat whoever week 3. It's possible we meet Manly again in the grand final. That would be the ultimate grand final, and one of the best in a few years. OOOOOHHH CANT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER!!!

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One reason I don't want to play Manly is due to the new finals system if we beat them we may have to play them again and the only thing I don't like about this new finals system is that you can't knock a team out fist time around if your in the top four.

Plus beating them will have its toll just like last time. I rather beat them once and be done with them.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Steve Matai the most injured player in the game . Everytime you seem him he goes down like a bag of s..t and is winsing in absolute pain ?

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Steve Matai the most injured player in the game . Everytime you seem him he goes down like a bag of s..t and is winsing in absolute pain ?
I agree I don't understand Manly fans obsession with him cause he's either injured or Suspended. I would be interested in the total amount of games he has missed the last couple years.

MisterTee

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree I don't understand Manly fans obsession with him cause he's either injured or Suspended. I would be interested in the total amount of games he has missed the last couple years.
2011- 22 appearances
2010- 21 appearances
2009- 22 appearances
2008-21 appearances

And, you'll find with Matai a lot of the time he'd come off the field injured then somehow recover for next week after what seems like very serious injuries.

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2011- 22 appearances
2010- 21 appearances
2009- 22 appearances
2008-21 appearances

And, you'll find with Matai a lot of the time he'd come off the field injured then somehow recover for next week after what seems like very serious injuries.
Wow, those numbers are suprisingly high for someone who always 'seems' to be injured. Even when he is playing, always clutching a shoulder or his neck.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I want to play them week 1 and I want to win. I really think they are our biggest hurdle, we get over them, we will get over the rest of the top 8

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to their fans, the premiership title is already theirs! Would like nothing more for the Dogs to throw a over hand right hook come week 1 to knock their arse's on the canvas and derail their "B2B" campaign.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2011- 22 appearances
2010- 21 appearances
2009- 22 appearances
2008-21 appearances

Well that shut me up im very surprised lol.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One reason I don't want to play Manly is due to the new finals system if we beat them we may have to play them again and the only thing I don't like about this new finals system is that you can't knock a team out fist time around if your in the top four.

Plus beating them will have its toll just like last time. I rather beat them once and be done with them.
if dogs v manly in week 1 the only time they can meet from there is the final

Status
Not open for further replies.