Why I decided to start using the word Fam - an origin story

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As your a Dogs man I assume, I'm going to offer some sage advice. Coz my family are bitching at me (as if I know how to link digital shit on the phone), I needed a distraction. So I fully read the post and checked out wiki/reviews of this show. I'm currently torn between 2 conclusions, either;
- this is one of the greatest piss takes of all time, very, very well played.
- if you are shaping your personal belief system on an one series, american sitcom for teenies, apart from the idea you could have gone for Family Ties, you have some serious issues that require professional help. Do yourself a fave and call Beyond Blue 1300 224636 or MensLine Australia 1300 789978. I'm not joking on this, if you're serious, this is serious.
Anyways, that's my community help piece for 2021. Good luck.
You’d be surprised how deep the show is, Fam. One of the great philosophical works of our times, which is why it was ultimately unsuccessful.

Love family ties, but that show predated the popular use of the term Fam…. And Gary Cole’s ark seemed to ring a little truer to our personal journey’s. namaste.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well said utilty whole! I appreciate you putting a part of yourself out there! I believe you have seen the light. I enjoy reading your posts. Don't lose your sarcasm. God knows we all need a laugh. I may have offended some in the recent Alec Baldwin shooting and Blake Ferguson autobiography threads so I appologise to all and beg for forgiveness. It's never personal...just my strange way to hopefully make some Kenneller's smile or even a have a laugh. Peace brother. 88
Thank you for taking me seriously snd valuing what I have to say, Fam. If we all treated each other with this level of love and respect, the world would be a better place. Namaste.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wait for the podcast/audio book mate ;)
Currently in negotiations with a publisher. Audio book could be coming soon. I’m trying to give you all a free preview, Fam…. And in return, you all laugh at me. Still I wish you good health and every blessing. Namaste.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the best movies of the late 20th and early 21st centuries were straight to video releases, Fam. Namaste.
Indeed. Like this cracker from ‘86 - The Park Is Mine, where a Vietnam vet takes over Central Park in NY for what was probably then undiagnosed PTSD. No doubt this beauty is at the top of Tommy Lee Jones’ CV :tearsofjoy:.

1CAC67CF-2155-466B-9966-3AB5158DA4EC.jpeg

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Indeed. Like this cracker from ‘86 - The Park Is Mine, where a Vietnam vet takes over Central Park in NY for what was probably then undiagnosed PTSD. No doubt this beauty is at the top of Tommy Lee Jones’ CV :tearsofjoy:.

View attachment 32331
Much better than Batman Forever, Fam. And that got a full cinema release and very expensive marketing campaign.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You’d be surprised how deep the show is, Fam. One of the great philosophical works of our times, which is why it was ultimately unsuccessful.

Love family ties, but that show predated the popular use of the term Fam…. And Gary Cole’s ark seemed to ring a little truer to our personal journey’s. namaste.
I hear ya. I've always felt Animal House was where I connected. I've tried to shape my life on a combination of Bluto and Otter. Otter's need to connect physically with other human beings, Bluto's need to show his friends the dangers of drugs and alcohol. Its pretty deep.