Why does Schoupp get a free pass?

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Elliot is the dumbest **** in our footy club and that’s saying something with Napa on the roster and you give that stupid prick a pass. But let’s have a go at the 19 year old who is finding his way in first grade. Good work you
This 100%

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice how lewis plants his feet in the wrong direction at times and then is forced to do a 180 and chase, often being too late..

Lewis is a big factor in those tries.. but schoupp and okunbor could have done better to force a decision out of the opposition attack..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holy crap you've hijacked the thread LOL
I have no idea when Almaoti turns 18 but Baz said don't be surprised if he's the starting centre in Rd 1 next year so it's got to be before then
I can see Schoup getting a run in the back row....maybe at the expense of you know who
From memory I think he turns 18 in February next year..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone notice how lewis plants his feet in the wrong direction at times and then is forced to do a 180 and chase, often being too late..

Lewis is a big factor in those tries.. but schoupp and okunbor could have done better to force a decision out of the opposition attack..
thats what i said earlier, he let his man get on the outside which then makes the players outside come in. Lewis is a terrible defender, he missed another shocking tackle that lead to a huge break once again.
If you watch closely, and the reason why he was knocked out, he favours his right shoulder where playing on a left edge should be the other way round unless they run the inside line

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Schoupp made up for his errors from his tough carries and quick play the balls. Schoupp took the carry and got a quick play the ball which led to thommos try and his linebreak and avo try

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
thats what i said earlier, he let his man get on the outside which then makes the players outside come in. Lewis is a terrible defender, he missed another shocking tackle that lead to a huge break once again.
If you watch closely, and the reason why he was knocked out, he favours his right shoulder where playing on a left edge should be the other way round unless they run the inside line
Drives me insane when the simpletons say he's a great defender..

He's a strong tackler in the right situation, but overall a poor defender.. planting your feet as early as lewis does, means that you give yourself a good chance to pull off a textbook tackle, if the player runs the intended line.. the problem arises when the opposing player is just a decoy.. often Lewis makes the decision easy for an opposing half..

The funny thing is people bag the shit out of wakeham for his defence, but he actually can read the play better than lewis.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The kid is 20 years old, has played 6 reserve grade games and 7 first grade games after losing a full year of development last year.
He's playing in a wooden spoon team with poor players defending either side of him. He rarely gets any good ball in attack.
He's happy to put his hand up for the tough carries and is aggressive in defence and when he carries the ball. He's a handy goalkicker, has decent speed for a power based player.
There's no doubt he's got some learning to do but the building blocks of a good player are there.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Schoupp made up for his errors from his tough carries and quick play the balls. Schoupp took the carry and got a quick play the ball which led to thommos try and his linebreak and avo try
Yeah and his quick play the bill led to Ariadne Titmus’ gold medal too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The kid is 20 years old, has played 6 reserve grade games and 7 first grade games after losing a full year of development last year.
He's playing in a wooden spoon team with poor players defending either side of him. He rarely gets any good ball in attack.
He's happy to put his hand up for the tough carries and is aggressive in defence and when he carries the ball. He's a handy goalkicker, has decent speed for a power based player.
There's no doubt he's got some learning to do but the building blocks of a good player are there.
And okunbor has played 2 games after a long injury lay-off..why is it ok to point the finger at him, but not Schoupp? Most of okunbor’s defensive issues are caused by bad decisions making from the defenders inside him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Interesting observation. I’ll keep an eye out for that next game.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first try he was caught in no man's land and didn't count numbers and gave Johnson a red carpet treatment.. at that point all Johnson has to do is react to the defensive line and Schoupp and okunbor provided no resistance. Even if they did Johnson already had the upper hand due to lewis being out of position..

That's my take on the first try anyway

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Drives me insane when the simpletons say he's a great defender..

He's a strong tackler in the right situation, but overall a poor defender.. planting your feet as early as lewis does, means that you give yourself a good chance to pull off a textbook tackle, if the player runs the intended line.. the problem arises when the opposing player is just a decoy.. often Lewis makes the decision easy for an opposing half..

The funny thing is people bag the shit out of wakeham for his defence, but he actually can read the play better than lewis.
You just nailed it for the niff nuffs on here, anyone with any coaching experience, you never plant your feet. Short feet coming into a tackle , hence why he was knocked out, feet planted, dipped to early and wrong shoulder

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You should because he always get beaten on the outside.
SJ just ran across the Prince, guess what Schoup has to defend two attackers, OK has to come in TRY in the corner.
I will not always defend OK but a few times it was the early defender causing the problem.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You can comment when you actually understand the game bro
Actually I don’t need your ciearajce to comment. This is an open forum.... Anyway if you can’t offer some sort of genuine insight, please stop wasting my time. It’s pretty clear you don’t know what you’re talking about.... and plainly obvious to anyone with even a basic understanding of the game that a winger can’t just stand on the wing when defenders on the inside make poor decisions.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The first try he was caught in no man's land and didn't count numbers and gave Johnson a red carpet treatment.. at that point all Johnson has to do is react to the defensive line and Schoupp and okunbor provided no resistance. Even if they did Johnson already had the upper hand due to lewis being out of position..

That's my take on the first try anyway
Yeah, that nausea sense .... I could tell the line wasn’t sliding, but didn’t pinpoint the initial error which caused the confusion.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I don’t need your ciearajce to comment. This is an open forum.... Anyway if you can’t offer some sort of genuine insight, please stop wasting my time. It’s pretty clear you don’t know what you’re talking about.... and plainly obvious to anyone with even a basic understanding of the game that a winger can’t just stand on the wing when defenders on the inside make poor decisions.
Is it?Jheeze you’re smart champ, I never realised.You seriously need to rewatch the highlights, Okunbor for their first try literally rushes in needlessly as Schoupp has the centre covered! But I guess you didnt notice that one eh , i literally said above Schoupp isnt blameless however I think there waa a game vs Manly a year or two back where Okunbor did the same completely unnecessarily, hes notorious for it whether you like it or not.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if you understood the game before posting all these comments you would have noticed this tbh