Why do you do it to yourselves ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem is people from both camps take it way too far. The main criticisms seem to be directed at our halves and the groups are entirely split into 2. Instead of always lambasting and calling out the people who are aggressively against our halves, why not call out the ones who are absolutely blinded by them? There are just as many personal attacks from the people who love our halves as there are from the people who hate them, it's a forum, noone is going to completely agree with everyone else. Compromise and respecting each other's opinions without attacking the others is what is needed and i admit i've been guilty of this also.

As for the actual discussion i am immensely disappointed in Hodkinson in particular given that he wants a pay upgrade and he's been playing like a lower grade player, Mbye has outplayed him in the past 2 rounds and that warrants criticism, for a player who was part of a breakthrough NSW Origin win last year and made a fair few clutch plays in our finals run, he's been playing like an U10s half and been mostly a passenger and that is a problem that needs to start getting rectified soon.

He doesn't need to set the world on fire, what he does need to do is take charge of the game and attempt to play like a half instead of letting our forwards do all the work. Hodkinson is striking me as lazy at the moment and if he's truly injured then he shouldn't be playing.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
The whole idea of a forum is for people to have their say, voice opinions, write about what's pissing them off about their team. This is what makes these forums interesting so long as no personal attacks against players occurs, who cares. I want to read who's thinking what and why, not someone saying relax, it's only round 3, round 5, round 10, calm down, have faith, blah, blah, blah. We all love the dogs and want them to be there come September, but in the mean time, if there's something bothering you about our performance, just post it.
Spot on. I think we need a halfback and Lafai needs to learn how to pas the ball. I feel better already.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Problem is people from both camps take it way too far. The main criticisms seem to be directed at our halves and the groups are entirely split into 2. Instead of always lambasting and calling out the people who are aggressively against our halves, why not call out the ones who are absolutely blinded by them? There are just as many personal attacks from the people who love our halves as there are from the people who hate them, it's a forum, noone is going to completely agree with everyone else. Compromise and respecting each other's opinions without attacking the others is what is needed and i admit i've been guilty of this also.

As for the actual discussion i am immensely disappointed in Hodkinson in particular given that he wants a pay upgrade and he's been playing like a lower grade player, Mbye has outplayed him in the past 2 rounds and that warrants criticism, for a player who was part of a breakthrough NSW Origin win last year and made a fair few clutch plays in our finals run, he's been playing like an U10s half and been mostly a passenger and that is a problem that needs to start getting rectified soon.

He doesn't need to set the world on fire, what he does need to do is take charge of the game and attempt to play like a half instead of letting our forwards do all the work. Hodkinson is striking me as lazy at the moment and if he's truly injured then he shouldn't be playing.
Totally agree. I am happy with how Mbye is playing, he has come up with a few good cut out passes to set up tries for our wingers in the last 2 games whereas Hodkinson seems to hold us back in attack with lack of imagination/organisation skills and the play breaks down when he gets the ball.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The whole idea of a forum is for people to have their say, voice opinions, write about what's pissing them off about their team. This is what makes these forums interesting so long as no personal attacks against players occurs, who cares. I want to read who's thinking what and why, not someone saying relax, it's only round 3, round 5, round 10, calm down, have faith, blah, blah, blah. We all love the dogs and want them to be there come September, but in the mean time, if there's something bothering you about our performance, just post it.
Exactly. Saying "Relax, she'll be right mate" when there are areas that we can be improving feels like we're working on the council digging a hole in the ground with one man digging and 10 people supervising slapping each other on the back saying what a great job we're doing.

Discussion about our team is why we have this forum, how boring would it be if every post and thread is how awesome we are going and just turn a blind eye on areas we can improve on?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. Saying "Relax, she'll be right mate" when there are areas that we can be improving feels like we're working on the council digging a hole in the ground with one man digging and 10 people supervising slapping each other on the back saying what a great job we're doing.

That sounds just like the Channel Nine commentary team

Status
Not open for further replies.