Opinion Why do the Blues always project their intentions

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
It's dumb, it provides motivation for the opposition when they need none.
Don't hear Cam Smith or Slater going into detail about their game plan during the leadup.

Why do NSW have to release their team 1st ?
We're going bash Walsh, TPJ is going to bully the bully's, we're going to unleash fox it's just fucking embarrassing and these bold statements rarely come into fruition in SOO.

You don't bring a debutante into starting front row against a forward pack that was very dominant in game 3 last year and then stand him in front of the media all week providing QLD with ammunition.

There are media commitments, and there is theatre building and then there is NSW, stupidly, incessantly giving the opposition every reason to beat them.

Stop talking the talk before you walk the walk

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
NSW just really don't get it, and haven't since probably the 90s or early 2000s.

• Saying too much is dumb as you say
  • Changing our frigging jersey colour? Would QLD do this?
  • Picking an out of form fullback just because he has been good in the past
  • Payne Haas playing 31 mins, excuse me wtf?

I dunno what Freddy has them doing at training, but they didn't play like a team. I know they dominated in the back of the first half due to QLD being tired, but even a tired QLD kept us out most of the time. Then with 1 less player they score twice to win. It's so shit to keep watching this year after year. I remember when Origin used to be a legit battle, it has become a joke. Probably why they couldn't even sell the game out.

NRL stop taking our so called showpiece to AFL states with shitty ovals.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
-Jersey colour change is sheer stupidity, it’s our identity.
-Fittler has no idea, his only series win came off the back of a fully fit pool of available players who were peaking in their respective careers.
-Strategically, Fitter’s player selections, general game plan and player rotations were terrible.
-the halves are severely overrated, Cleary seems to be Mr Teflon escaping criticism, he was bog average last night and has been long overshadowed by the QLD halves in the majority of origin games.
-Teddy has lost a yard of pace and strength that made him a weapon for so long but still have faith in him.
-Luai can’t tackle.
-Frizell stagnated our backline movements and query his place on the team.
-Hudson Young and TPJ failed to live up to the hype and their low IQ penalties/errors led to tries.
-Last but not least, it took 2 early QLD tries and Liam Martin impersonation of a Kamakaze drone to get NSW playing with some genuine aggression.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes yes and yes again to everything being said here.

Qld are the kings of origin in every aspect. From media to on field.

Nsw just dont get it. And the sooner this series dies, the better for my mental health. Or ill just stop watching, hopefully.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NSW simply don’t get enough it..

They talk themselves up to much and need to take a reserved approach.

First time since I can remember that i wasnt cut about losing, they like always don’t respect what a QLD team brings regardless of who they pick.

it was a much needed loss to spark change but we have a bunch drop drop kicks running the team.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's not that deep. NSW just don't have the right coaching setup.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
QLD play for the jersey
NSW play for the $$$
Considering we didn't have a game plan, there is not much to give away. Having said that I agree with most of the posts here. The coaching team is a little "too panthers" focussed.....Fitler and Alexander have too much panthers background. Yes they are one of the strongest club teams, but that doesn't always transfer to the field in rep footy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Considering we didn't have a game plan, there is not much to give away. Having said that I agree with most of the posts here. The coaching team is a little "too panthers" focussed.....Fitler and Alexander have too much panthers background. Yes they are one of the strongest club teams, but that doesn't always transfer to the field in rep footy.
They really need to start picking on form and nothing else.