Opinion Why do our players need to miss 2 days of training ?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Something tells me Gus won’t last 5 years no friggin way.
How the hell can you let one man have his fingerprints over everything pass from me thanks.
The fact that he is covering up this is all his doing ,no transparency more mind games .
He has 5 years, plus a 5 year option in his favour. That's not a cheap payout. So he ain't going nowhere.

If you don't like Gus. At this point I'd suggest finding a new team to support cause he is here for the long term.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you say no to 2 extra day long weekend? Hell Noo bring on the barby and beer

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am sure Gus knows what he is doing. Keep the faith mate.
You would like to think so. The man had smarts. He’s been successful for a reason. He’s here to do what he did for Penrith. When Gus was appointed we all were very pleased.. he. Will get it done..!!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have been training since November. They did their weights yesterday and were sent home. So it’s only really today off.

Plus we haven’t got an interim coach yet so there is no real option but to give them today off.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres no way hes got a 10yr contract, with a 5 year option within that. That would be the worst corporate governance ever from the board.
As if we'd do that after everything with Des lol
kent talking absolute shit as usual

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The Man Flun actually. It's terrible.

Get the facts!!!!

The Woman's Role as Carer

If you find yourself in the position of primary carer for your boyfriend or husband then DO NOT PANIC. As explained elsewhere on this site you are completely immune from Man Flu.

Your beloved will shortly become completely dependant on you, requiring you to tend to his every need. Do not shun any request, don't forget that the affliction that he's suffering from is hundreds of times worse than the simple affliction which you know and understand as the common cold.

There are three distinct stages to Man Flu and it's important you know your responsibilities :

Stage 1 - I think I'm coming down with a cold. Don't forget, even medical experts recommend self diagnosis, and ALL men are experts at recognising the early stages. Here you will be expected to sympathise, any flippant comments now such as , "Oh I expect it's Man Flu is it?", will cause immediate deterioration. Preferred responses will be along the lines of, "There there, can I get you some chicken noodle soup and put your favourite Police! Camera! Action! DVD on?". This stage can last from one to three days.

Stage 2 - It's not a cold, it's the 'flu. Your beloved will barely be able to lift his fingers to work the remote control by now. There will be dramatic displays of coughing and chest holding. He will present a red and sniffly nose, and a phantom fever. Do not mention <begin sarcasm˃ Man 'Flu <end sarcasm˃. Instead continue to serve comfort food and provide him with a selection of men's magazines (such as FHM or Maxim) to take his mind off the illness ravaging his poor body. You may also be required to gently dab his forehead with a lightly dampened sponge or massage his feet. This life threatening stage may last from three to five days.

Stage 3 - It's not completely gone, but I think it's going. By now your beloved will be physically exhausted. He will have spent the previous seven days teetering on the brink of death only to have pulled through. However, he will start to feel less 'achy all over', and begin to move short distances away from the sofa. Hang in there with your pampering, you're nearly done. This stage can typically last from six to ten days. Please be aware that any sarcastic references to Man Flu at this stage can render the hapless victim straight back to the life threatening stage 2. He should be allowed a suitable period of convalescence (the length to be suggested by him) prior to being tasked with household tasks.

Good luck.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Theres no way hes got a 10yr contract, with a 5 year option within that. That would be the worst corporate governance ever from the board.
As if we'd do that after everything with Des lol
kent talking absolute shit as usual
Duds360 reckon 5 year contract with 5 year option. Anasta said it IIRC.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone truly understand why our players couldn't train today or apparently tomorrow ?

Like we have what 4 assistant coaches who usually do most of the work anyway but none of them could take on some added responsibility for a couple of training sessions. Furner is an ex NRL coach also ? Gould can't help out ?

I just don't get it. Did the players need time to have a cry when they helped cause some of this shit ?

Players are already unfit and playing shit. Last thing they need is a free holiday. Back to work on Wednesday with a game on Friday LOL

Barrett's extremely unlikely to ever be a head coach again and the associated pay packet. Yes he got a 500K payout apparently but do you think he (or his family) will ever regret taking the full 3 year pay out ? Yes he's proven again he's a nice guy but that was part of his problem. Nice guys finish last. A more competitive natured coach would fight for every last dollar.
Maybe it’s the players leaking to the media. Except Vaughan, I get the feeling he doesn’t like them much…