Why do i get treated Like crap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Miyagi

This is somewthing I want to get off my chest.
Muslims please do not take offence to this its not meant to be disrespectful to you.
I go to this Lebanese shop in arncliffe just like I did today.
Some of the guys are really nice people who work there.
But there is a few who display a very angry character towards me and give me big attitude and by the way I am being a gentleman the whole time so the excuse of me being rude does not cut it.
I am trying to figure out if it is my religious cross I display on my chain its just a normal chain and the cross nothing out there.
I then did notice that the muslim sword symbol was at the front of the shop which I dont mind its their religion and u have to respect them and it is their shop.
But is this hostility towards me due to me being a christian ?
Once again I am not being racist and this is not a beat up muslim thread it has bugged me all afernoon though.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
you are being paranoid, you want to see it the way you are seeing it, therefore you are. Some people are just rude, ignorant ****s, get used to it.

M

Mr Miyagi

you are being paranoid, you want to see it the way you are seeing it, therefore you are. Some people are just rude, ignorant ****s, get used to it.
Not paranoid bro I know if someone is being hostile towards me.
And it is as soon as they spot my cross on me

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Im not saying your parranoid at the fact they are hostile towards you, i have no doubt that you are getting the vibe of hostility and it is indeed genuine, but i was refering more so to the possibility that you may be parranoid at their intention . There are some hostile people out there, maybe you encounterd some? I've encounterd angry/hostile people before, and they shared the same religion as me. Not saying your wrong, it could be a possibility, but so could what im saying.

My advice? Let it go, if they are hostile towards you because of your faith, then screw them, they are the ignorant and narrow minded, plus its a two way road, most people act like that to muslims too.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally i reckon itd b pretty stupid if someone bridged up 2 u over a cross u wore on ur chest.. thats like gay us muslims are used 2 religious differences in this country when it comes to issues like that... well at least id like to think so

M

Mr Miyagi

Yeah true the reason why i am saying this is not to put down muslims at all.
But this is so obvious when they treat others with respect and do a 180degree change in behaviour towards me and I know they are being racist.
But as I said other workers in the shop are gentlemen

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Yeah true the reason why i am saying this is not to put down muslims at all.
But this is so obvious when they treat others with respect and do a 180degree change in behaviour towards me and I know they are being racist.
But as I said other workers in the shop are gentlemen
Unfortunately thats how some human beings are, ive copped a fair share of it being a muslim, my friends, ranging from numerous nationalites and religions (including anglo australian christians) have copped it too. You just need to keep your chin up, the fact that you know you are not as narrow minded as these people and can look past the surface is motivation enough to ignore these idiots.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I have said before in another thread. There is alot of prejudice evident in today's society. I am not saying that this is the reason for your situation but do not be suprised.

Also, this is a rare occasion I have heard a Christian experiencing issues with the fact that they are Christian. Other backgrounds and religions experience far worse than what you have encountered. Imagine what they have been through, especially the Muslim community in recent times.

If anything, this should be an eye opener for you. A taste of what others have experienced. Not a good feeling one would think.

In response to your question, everyone gets treated like crap from someone.

M

Mr Miyagi

As I have said before in another thread. There is alot of prejudice evident in today's society. I am not saying that this is the reason for your situation but do not be suprised.

Also, this is a rare occasion I have heard a Christian experiencing issues with the fact that they are Christian. Other backgrounds and religions experience far worse than what you have encountered. Imagine what they have been through, especially the Muslim community in recent times.

If anything, this should be an eye opener for you. A taste of what others have experienced. Not a good feeling one would think.

In response to your question, everyone gets treated like crap from someone.

I experience it aal the time.
But you know what rarely in lakemba do I have the same prob.
Only in arncliffe

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When it comes to religion who ever cared what people think?I worship the Holden lion and some tossers worship the Volvo logo and think they are superior but I know deep down that my choice is better.You cant spend your life trying to please others or you will end up unhappy anyway.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just punch them in the face
You gona punch in the face everyone who looks at you wrong? In the same way is that ok for others to punch YOU in the face if they feel YOUR looking at them wrong?

Arncliffe to answer your question is more fanatical then most other places if you know what i mean. Personally i avoid it, but thats caz im not bothered for it. Have a few mates from there though...

Its mostly in your head dude. Be good to people and they will be good in return. Feel out of place and you will come across that way.
As others have said, imagine how they feel getting picked on as they do! Not so nice on the other side is it??

M

Mr Miyagi

You gona punch in the face everyone who looks at you wrong? In the same way is that ok for others to punch YOU in the face if they feel YOUR looking at them wrong?

Arncliffe to answer your question is more fanatical then most other places if you know what i mean. Personally i avoid it, but thats caz im not bothered for it. Have a few mates from there though...

Its mostly in your head dude. Be good to people and they will be good in return. Feel out of place and you will come across that way.
As others have said, imagine how they feel getting picked on as they do! Not so nice on the other side is it??
Thats the prob DB I dont come across as anything I am a very cool and collective person I will smile and be nice to you even when you are rude I just find it strange because in lakemba where I frequent being treated like that is rare, and I always get treated with respect in lakemba.

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the prob DB I dont come across as anything I am a very cool and collective person I will smile and be nice to you even when you are rude I just find it strange because in lakemba where I frequent being treated like that is rare, and I always get treated with respect in lakemba.
Lakemba is more a mix of all Religions/Sects and Nationalities...
Arncliffe is not

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
eh dont worry mate...your not the only one that gets **** because of what you are, look like, act like, sound like.........

unfortunately we jsut ahve deusche bags in thsi world and no one can escape them :o

i realised that at auburn station at 4 am this morning *shudders* :o

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
dont worry theres more to come man

your 1 of the only decent ones i like on here

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Nah bro

Please tell me if you seen her i need to get some footage ASAP.

*Looks over Titanium Doggie way*

Status
Not open for further replies.