Why did we sign Woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been trying to peice this together since we signed him but can't figure it out.

We resigned Tolman, have Graham for another year and Klemmer all locked up. These are supposedly 3 big name props and we pay big money for another one.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to throw that money at a half/fullback instead as we appeared to have plenty of forwards.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This one bends the line, takes three with him then pops out an offload, I dunno increases depth and injury is inevitable.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
yeah all this talk about fullback money what about the forwards who only play 40 minutes

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sue if I'm watching him differently now that he will be a Bulldog next year but he really is a good prop.

He has great footwork, makes plenty of post contact metres, nice offload and a massive motor.

Graham hasn't got long left in his career and it's actually pretty good forward planning that we won't have a hole when he leaves.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been trying to peice this together since we signed him but can't figure it out.

We resigned Tolman, have Graham for another year and Klemmer all locked up. These are supposedly 3 big name props and we pay big money for another one.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to throw that money at a half/fullback instead as we appeared to have plenty of forwards.

Am I missing something obvious here?
In fairness to the club they signed Foran and apparently had Tedesco do a backflip so I think they were planning what you suggested. I think Woods is a good signing.

With Hoppa playing well perhaps we wait a year, see what FB options are available then and look to move Hoppa into the centres if Josh Morris finishes.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im happy to have another quality forward. Just surprised its a starting international.
I mean, who goest to the bench ?
Weve just re-signed tolman, graham is the captain of his country, klemmer is the best forward at the club. Where does woodsy fit ?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes a good prop no one will argue that.. but if we had a choice between signing Woods or Tedesco I would definately take Tedesco..

We havent had a proper fullback since Barba

But once Politis got involved we were no chance

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't see it either tbh, just seems like a worker and doesn't quite bend the line. He attracts alot though, which could work if Des allows the offload. But that would mean we need a half/58/fullback supporting.. and we haven't really seen that since Brad Abbey was sent back to reggies.

I would take him over Kas thats 100%.

Ask me, I would have forked out that cash for Wade Graham. Complete freak. Different position though, so who knows.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm not sue if I'm watching him differently now that he will be a Bulldog next year but he really is a good prop.

He has great footwork, makes plenty of post contact metres, nice offload and a massive motor.

Graham hasn't got long left in his career and it's actually pretty good forward planning that we won't have a hole when he leaves.
And woods has captaining experience for when graham goes.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so how do we start with Tolman, woods and Graham?

These 3 are on 500k+ each - are we going to start a game with a $500k+ player on the bench whilst we have $200k wingers and centres running around?

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Played the house down in the first 20 minutes last night! Footwork and offloads. Graham or Tolman one of them will go.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I think we'l see this in 2018 and recruitment is done barring some depth signings. Wouldve preferred a quicker fullback but still a capable line up

1. Hopoate
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Nu Brown
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Mbye
10. Graham (c)
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Klemmer

14. Tolman
15. Fualalo
16. Tualau
17. Fine/RFM

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch Origin 1 again as it answers your question

He and Klemmer together is going to be fun
Agree. They will certainly be pushing each other and that is not a bad thing; some competition and depth would be nice.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because Des Hasler is a fucking idiot. He's just turning us into a slow fucking team. Klemmer and Woods would be a good frontrow pairing, yet we still have Tolman and Graham on the roster. None of them should be on the bench and none of them should be played in the 13, but both things will likely happen. We need a more explosive or agile forward in the 13 for next season, becauae atm we are looking very slooooooow

Status
Not open for further replies.