Why did the Sydney Morning Herald reject this comment to the article on Barba & Todd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
ARTICLE: Ben Barba denials have placed Bulldogs and Todd Greenberg in firing line

Comment Rejected: -

I wonder what the Integrity Unit will conclude if it is true that Barba did assault his partner and she chose not to report it or want it to go any further.

Its a messy situation because popular opinion seems to suggest that the Bulldogs should have ignored her rights to keep her private life confidential and at minimum report it to the NRL.

If the NRL and the media then helped Barba be accountable by being banned from the game for 12-24 months, then his partner and his kids suffer financially. This may seem fine to many people, but whose choice is that to make?

If someone hit me and I decided to handle it myself and not involve the law or the media, I thought that was my right?
The rights of an individual to be responsible for their life seems to be the weakest point of discussion in the media to date.

Can someone offer any insights why they would reject publishing my comment - I am at a loss!

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The media do everything they can to sell a story, they couldnt give to shits about privacy.
Fact is the daily telegrath and other news outlets have a prejuduce aginst the bulldogs, and also supporters of other teams seem to hate us just as much.
These stories aginst the bullodgs obviously sells or else it wouldnt be happining.
I would also like to add the media have way to much power, they practically own the Nrl atm.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What time did you post it? They generally reject all comments a few hours after the article go's online.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
SMH: "I do what I want"

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the Integrity Unit will conclude if it is true that Barba did assault his partner and she chose not to report it or want it to go any further.
If Ainslie Currie tells the Integrity Unit that it wasn't Ben Barba that hit her it can do nothing. If Currie makes a belated accusation to the Integrity Unit that it was Barba that hit her, all it can do now is start an inquiry of what Barba has done. Its too late now to point a self righteous finger at the Bulldogs.

Des Hasler has been quoted saying "She only came to the club for support", which I take to mean she didn't come to report Barba for belting her. On top of that Currie made it clear that she wasn't going to tell the Police anything about it. So basically, it was what Ainslie Currie said and did that determined what the Bulldogs club should do. There was no way the club could force the issue either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.