Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Cleeland at the dogs next year?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Being very harsh on Cleeland. You take the time to highlight a few mistakes, but you conveniently forget all the good things he does.
His cross field kicks are generally spot on. His defence is generally good. Every player in the NRL misses a few tackles. Even Tolman does.
I still think he offers more than JMK. He also is the victim of being saddled with a very poor coach. He would improve a lot with proper coaching.
Sadly I believe he will be going to the Cowboys, and we wont get to see him in the top grade.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What exactly did he do wrong? A missed cover tackle and an unlucky kick deflection? Cleeland has an attacking game and a good short kicking game. Far superior to Frawley and JMK imo.
Yep. I think that's the point people are missing. If we have a half who can get us field position and get us repeat sets maybe we can gas out the opposition?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
meh.. Maloney is the worst defender in first grade but has taken two teams to premierships... not saying that Cleeland is even close to that but if he can attack well, throw him in with some good defenders around him.. JMK is a good defender but what does it matter if the team can only manage a try or two

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep saying he deserved a chance but usually whenever I bring it up its met with "he's shit, turnstile in d"
Blah blah blah.

The guy was never even given a shot and people shit on him based purely on isp form.

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May be he is not the answer but if 2x isp 5/8 of the year cannot get a promotion, then by logic no isp 5/8 should have been promoted these last couple of years, right?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a good opinion of Cleeland. His one weakness, if you call it that, is he can drift in and out of games.
But I put that down to not being coached properly. He would improve greatly under Dean Pay.
The coaching failuire is also holding back a lot of other promising players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have a good opinion of Cleeland. His one weakness, if you call it that, is he can drift in and out of games.
But I put that down to not being coached properly. He would improve greatly under Dean Pay.
Hahahahahaha

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ridiculous post number..... I’ve lost count. Surely you are a troll. Cleeland doesn’t have it buddy. His game won’t translate to first grade. Stopping starting and ducking and weaving sideways doesn’t work in first grade

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The things being said about Cleeland are the same we heard about JT in 04

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread seems a bit pointless. I could post 100 errors made by Thurston as proof that he shouldn't be playing first grade.

Personally I'm not sure Cleeland is the answer. I'm aware he has some defensive issues but he provides a lot in attack.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give me a half with attacking flair and dodgy defence over a half that’s only known for defence like JMK.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Feel sorry for him tbh. If Frawley and JMK are worthy of top grade exposure than surely Cleeland was worthy of at least a crack over the past couple years. Won't happen though as he's on a development contract.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give him a go. Many have said Lewis couldn't handle first grade and look at him.

Sometimes playing with better plays lifts your game as well
It cant be worse than jmk

I just dont think I can take it anymore if isee jmk listed in the halves

Status
Not open for further replies.